Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• There are also claims that it's agents fees that are causing the problems 🤔

• OCS, a lot of ‘claims’ which people seem to be using to support their own narratives. Not actually any real reliable news at all.
  • I wonder if this is why Sullivan likes to deal with Salthouse
  • edited August 2021

OCS, a lot of ‘claims’ which people seem to be using to support their own narratives. Not actually any real reliable news at all.

No, I know, but again, it's a speculation thread. I'm speculating on what the reasons might be based on what's being said.

Just thought it interesting that for the second 'deal' in a row, it's reportedly canned at the last minute again for the same reason. Might be something in it; might not.
  • Twitter - Satan's Messaging Service.

Everybody just give it a break for a few days - you'll feel so much better. =)
  • No evidence at all for saying this, but could it just be PIA people trying to stir up anti owner sentiments?
  • The thing is Sully has such form for late payment terms shenanigans (Metz threatened to sue us (or something along those lines) when we tried to mess around with the Sakho purchase at the last minute, we messed Brentford around over Benrahma even last summer, and various over clubs have called us out over transfer dealings) that no-one would be in the slightest bit surprised if the deal does get scuppered at this late stage.
  • Rav's mate Fabrizio said it was agent issues but we'll be working again on it tomorrow.

I agree, get off Twitter (unless you want to follow me - no transfer news, I promise)
  • Ex update,
    Club still working on the deal, its not off, we're in the same position as yesterday whereby there are things to finalised and a medical to do (club think there may be an issue with his knees but will confirm in the medical)

Not a done deal and no guarantees it'll happen

Also says some Prem clubs have enquired about Diop
  • They are trying to do a Benrahma on Zouma lol. Since his big injury in 15/16 he has only missed 15 days in total injured.

Apparently Wolves and Palace are the clubs interested in Diop.
  • I can't see us selling Diop.
  • Surely we're only selling Diop if we're bringing 2CBs in? And seeing as it's such a struggle to get one over the line, not sure that's going to happen. Admittedly swapping our 3rd choice CB for a starter is an improvement, but I can't see Moyes happy to go into a Premier League season with only 3 senior CBs. Even Sully shouldn't want to; when we've tried it before we've usually ended up scraping around for a temporary fix in January.

Zouma and Caleta-Car/Tarkowski would definitely be an upgrade on Balbuena and Diop though. Although, tbh, Diop is still only 24 and although his progress has stalled he's still young for a CB; having French speakers alongside and (soon) behind him could yet see him fulfil his potential.
  • IronHerb said:

I can't see us selling Diop.

I can, he's a sellable asset but 4th choice, 2 years left on his deal so unless he signs a new deal he'd leave for a lot less next summer

Say if we can get around £13m/£15mil for Diop, although a losson what we spent, and Zouma for £25mil would be a great deal (imo)

I personally wouldn't but money is tight and if he's 4th choice I wouldn't mind especially as the club value Baptiste so highly
  • The Redcafe forum for Man United is funny in regards to Lingard, at least if we don't sign him them being mad that they cant get rid of him is a highlight.
  • From Sky Sports website:
    LINGARD TO WEST HAM ON?

Jesse Lingard is now 'likely' to join West Ham from Manchester United this summer, according to the Daily Star.

Lingard moved to the London Stadium in January, scoring nine goals with four assists in 16 Premier League games.

He has been a West Ham target this summer and could still move with five days left of the transfer window.
  • Aren't Sky Sports embarrassed to be getting their gossip from the Daily Star?

Oh, yeah. It's Sky. What am I thinking.
  • Lingard has obviously seen the easy draw we've got in the Carabao Cup and wants to jump on the bandwagon.
  • According to Sky Zouma is having his medical.
  • According to Sky Zouma is having his medical.

Ex also confirmed this

But apparently its been done in Paris which the club were a bit worried about but obviously less so now as they've sanctioned it
  • Presumably our medical staff will be onsite overseeing it?
  • What could go wrong
  • Rav's mate Fab has said the three words we've been waiting for...

(for those unfamiliar with Twitter ITKs, Fabrizio Romano announces that a deal is done with the words 'Here we go').
  • We sending our media team over there for the pics?
  • He says done deal then says final details to be sorted 😂
  • ITK, well one of the newspapers, is saying a five year deal and still @ £125k a week!
  • Apparently some clown said it was off yesterday on here? Seriously the mods need to verify their users in greater details.
  • The hold up apparently is they can't decide what bag is going to be used in the photo.
  • I very much doubt we are dropping a 6 figure salary on Zouma
This discussion has been closed.