Pre Season 2021

Comments

• He did

He may be there somewhere, but he is not training with the squad that I can see. Maybe he’s still on his own programme to manage his knee or maybe he is training with the U23s.
  • I am sure Masuaka played in one pre season game set up a goal for one of the U23's maybe he is on his own training program to help him get over his injury
  • He played last Friday v Aldershot
  • Masuaku came back for 2 games in April which caused him issues and flared up the injury that had kept him out since December 2020

Doubt we'd be seeing much/any of him for the next month, will take him longer to get back to full fitness
  • Lukerz is just trying to create another Rice-style crisis so he can claim he’s ITK again.
  • Lukerz is just trying to create another Rice-style crisis so he can claim he’s ITK again.

Yeah, there'll be something about Masuaku carrying a bag.

There won't be a bag.
  • Masuaku is actually carrying a phone, with the caption ‘Return of the King’
  • A phone shaped bag?
  • A phone shaped bag?

That don't ring true 😁😁😁
  • edited August 2021
    Lukerz said:

Masuaku is actually carrying a phone, with the caption ‘Return of the King’

Close, but no cigar.

Or phone.

• I really like Arthur, frightens the life out of me when closing in on an attacker in our penalty area, but going at the opposition with the ball at his feet he is a joy. I felt he was an obvious one for Moyes to reposition at some point, i feel sure he could play as a winger.
  • Agree Claret I like him, as a LWB going forward he is can cause danger to the opposition, when defending he can cause danger to us.
  • Honestly, I think he's a good defender when his mind is engaged and it's one on one. He switches off when the ball is crossed from the other side and the runner comes in behind him but so does Cresswell sometimes and I've noticed it with some other teams as well.
  • Honestly, I think he's a good defender when his mind is engaged and it's one on one. He switches off when the ball is crossed from the other side and the runner comes in behind him but so does Cresswell sometimes and I've noticed it with some other teams as well.

He’s good at everything, but his concentration massively let’s him down.
  • Hope there might be a stream for the Atalanta game? I stumbled upon a site called footypass for the Celtic match which was excellent and got the thumbs up from McAfee.
  • I think there will only be a stream if someone is broadcasting it - streams are just 're-broadcasts'.

Club website says:
    The game is being broadcast outside the UK in selected territories, meaning the Club is unable to screen a live stream in the UK, Italy, Colombia, Mexico, Venezuela, Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands and Korea. If you live outside these territories, you can tune in from 14:55 BST on our Facebook page.

So there may be a stream, or if you have a VPN you could set your territory accordingly?

I might be OK, in Greece ...
  • The club website says...

The game is being broadcast outside the UK in selected territories, meaning the Club is unable to screen a live stream in the UK, Italy, Colombia, Mexico, Venezuela, Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands and Korea. If you live outside these territories, you can tune in from 14:55 BST on our Facebook page.

By Korea I assume they mean South Korea, when the match is broadcast in North Korea Kim Jong Un will play for West Ham in the first half, Atalanta in the second and score a hat trick for both teams
  • edited August 2021
    How would you know it’s him as everybody has to look the same. We’d have 11 Kim Jong Uns or lookalikes.
  • Anyone got a link for the game please
  • edited August 2021
    If there are links they don't usually go live until just before the game.

So although there may be links listed, you can't tell if they are real yet.... usually.

• Yikes. If Ex is right it's an interesting line up this afternoon.

Given this is the last game of pre-season and the team and formation is likely to be something like what Moyes is thinking for Newcastle, then there's an interesting experiment involved.
  • Ex reckons Moyes is going 5-3-2 with Fornals at LWB.
  • edited August 2021
    Club blog says
    Declan Rice captains the side ...
    He partners newly-crowned Hammer of the Year Tomáš Souček in midfield, while fellow European Championship stars Vladimir Coufal and Andriy Yarmolenko also start.

It looks to be a 4-2-3-1 formation for David Moyes, with Yarmolenko, Pablo Fornals and the in-form Saïd Benrahma in support of centre-forward Michail Antonio.

West Ham United: Fabiański, Coufal, Diop, Dawson, Cresswell, Rice (c), Souček, Yarmolenko, Benrahma, Fornals, Antonio
  • We’ll lose this game, but I suppose minutes is more important. Where’s Lanzini?
  • That seems more likely Mrs G 👍
  • Not seeing any streams listed on my (normally reputable) sources...
  • Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Diop - Cresswell
    Souček - Rice
    Yarmolenko - Benrahma - Fornals
    Antonio