The Big Europa League Adventure

Comments

• edited August 2021
    At the moment we're in Pot 2, there are only three teams in Pot 3 and no Pot 4 but results over the next two days will fill in the blanks

Eg If Monaco manage to qualify for the Champions League tonight Shakhtar would be in Pot 1 and Lokomotiv in Pot 2, If Shaktar go through Monaco would be in Pot 3
  • We have a Co-efficient of 20.113.

As it stands we are 21st in the list. Of the 20 above us there are 5 games to complete where all games include 1 higher ranked team than us, 2 in which both teams are ranked higher than us. So at best we would move up to 18 in the list.
  • Whoops, its based on 2020/21 coefficients not the current coefficients,

With that we're 76th not 66th, Monaco are 40th not 108th
  • I don't care whose in our group, just bring em on!
  • I'm really hoping we get Napoli as I've got a mate there who could get me a ticket (in the home end). Also its a brilliant city
  • edited August 2021
    Brondby and Dinamo Zagreb into the mix

Monaco and Shakhtar have gone into extra time
  • Monaco conceed an own goal with 5 minutes left
  • I have lost the pot....it would be reasoable assumption that I have no idea what this competition is about!
  • This is what it currently looks like -

• So basically we're guaranteed to be pot 3 given there's only 2 outstanding fixtures that can affect our final position in that ranking table, and we're currently right in the middle of the pot 3 rankings?
  • Lazio / Eintracht / Sparta would be a fun group :)
  • So basically we're guaranteed to be pot 3 given there's only 2 outstanding fixtures that can affect our final position in that ranking table, and we're currently right in the middle of the pot 3 rankings?

Yep

Lazio / Eintracht / Sparta would be a fun group :)

I want easy, not fun.
  • I’ve always wanted to play Midtjylland
  • edited August 2021
    Lets hope we get put with Leicester from pot 2, coz I love a free scoring easy match.

A bit sobering when you see a team called Ludograts Razgrad has a greater European pedigree than ourselves.
  • cant get drawn against other English opposition in the group stage i dont think.
  • Lets hope we get put with Leicester from pot 2, coz I love a free scoring easy match.

I think that's impossible
  • Pot 2 in the Champions League O_O
  • Even if it's impossible I'd be pretty annoyed after all these years getting an English team in the group stages of Europe.
  • Pot 1

Lyon (FRA)
    Napoli (ITA)
    Bayer Leverkusen (GER)
    Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
    Lazio (ITA)
    Olympiacos (GRE)
    Monaco (FRA)
    Braga (POR)

Pot 2

Celtic (SCO)
    Eintracht Frankfurt (GER)
    Red Star Belgrade (SRB)
    Leicester City (ENG)
    Rangers (SCO)
    Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS)
    Genk (BEL)
    PSV Eindhoven (NED)

Pot 3

Marseille (FRA)
    Ludogorets (BUL)
    West Ham (ENG)
    Real Sociedad (ESP)
    Real Betis (ESP)
    Fenerbahçe (TUR)
    Spartak Moscow (RUS)
    Sparta Prague (CZE)

Pot 4

Galatasaray (TUR)
    Rapid Vienna (AUT)
    Legia Warsaw (POL)
    Midtjylland (DEN)
    Ferencváros (HUN)
    Antwerp (BEL)
    Sturm Graz (AUT)
    Brondby (DEN)

The UEFA website says "No team can play a club from their own association" thus we can't be placed in the same group as Leicester
  • My prediction.
    Lazio
    Red star
    West Ham
    Rapid V
  • We basically don't want to go to the far reaches of Eastern Europe. as long as we don't get Lokomotiv Moscow I'm happy.

To be honest, looking at all the teams in there, there is no real group that would scare me too much? Pot 1 doesn't seem as scary as it could do, and 2 & 4 don't really have too many teams who you'd be desperate to avoid quality wise.

I really think that, if we can add a couple of players to the squad for depth, we can get out of any group.
  • Napoli, PSV & Galatasaray would be a tasty group. Regular members of the Champions League.
  • Just read that unless you finish bottom of the group, you continue to play in Europe (3rd goes into Europa Conference League).
  • Which, interestingly, if you win, you qualify for the Europa League group stage again the following year.
  • edited August 2021
    Lukerz, There is the small problem of Jose's old and new teams stopping us. =)

My prediction - Olympiacos, Celtic & Antwerp.
  • Croatia, Russia and Turkey here we come! I'm confident: if we can get a result at Newcastle, we can travel anywhere and win =)
  • Only the group winners go through to the knockout stages. 2nds and 3rds go into a prelim knockout stage to determine who goes through to the knockout stages. It’s all on the OS.
  • The club have put on the website a good feature about it explaining in detail how it all works and dates.
  • I’d love to get Rangers or Celtic in our group.
  • Aslef:
    The UEFA website says "No team can play a club from their own association" thus we can't be placed in the same group as Leicester

I don't quite understand that, am I missing something?
    Pot 1 - 2 Italian and 2 French clubs
    Pot 2 - 2 Scottish clubs
    Pot 3 - 2 Spanish clubs
    Pot 4 - 2 Austrian and 2 Danish clubs.
This discussion has been closed.