West Ham v Chelsea 24 Apr 5.30pm

Comments

• And to think this ref Kavanagh has his FIFA badge, it's pathetic IMO
  • How was .Balbuena sent off there?
  • Corrupt beyond belief.
  • edited April 2021
    The Refereeing is total trash, VAR supposed to help them make better decisions and instead they make even more dumb decisions.
  • As others have said, absolute joke of a decision. He's kicked the ball, where's his foot supposed to go?
  • Pathetic arm band shenanigans. You are Chelsea. You are 1-0 up against a 10 man West Ham. And you faff with the arm band.

Have you no pride?
  • As any team that could do the double over us failed to do so.
  • The Refereeing is total trash, VAR supposed to help them make better decisions and instead they make even more dumb decisions.

I think this is the thing for me. If a ref makes that decision two years ago it’s annoying. When he watches that replay a dozen times and makes it, that’s criminal, and genuinely makes you question impartiality. It’s absolutely appalling
  • Cheats never prosper- except 99% of the time in modern footie
  • alderz said:

The Refereeing is total trash, VAR supposed to help them make better decisions and instead they make even more dumb decisions.

I think this is the thing for me. If a ref makes that decision two years ago it’s annoying. When he watches that replay a dozen times and makes it, that’s criminal, and genuinely makes you question impartiality. It’s absolutely appalling
    I’m absolutely convinced that the more time they have the worse decisions they make. They start second guessing their instinct
  • Thing is, once they are sent to look at the monitor, they almost always ( will need to check facts) change their first decision.
  • What was Benrahma doing there, shooting when we had three players free
  • Poor from Benrahama, greedy....
  • Finished sport
  • Benrahma really needs a goal to stop him shooting when he's got far better options available.
  • Looks like we move onto the battle for 6th against Everton
  • The commentator even said that the referee was going over to the VAR “and you know what that normally means”. Referees bottling it as usual!
  • Pretty proud of the side there. We looked no different to them in quality & the farcical red card cost us any chance of a draw.
  • Yeah, our squad depth is killing us now.

A lot of fans said it would catch up with us, and it absolutely has, IMO.
  • Yeah, our squad depth is killing us now.

Not really. We are missing 4 key players and there was nothing in that game.
  • Lukerz said:

Pretty proud of the side there. We looked no different to them in quality & the farcical red card cost us any chance of a draw.

Don't think Balbuena staying on would have made a difference. We were toothless upfront. One shot on target all game? Just not good enough.

I get that whatever happens it's been a great season, but to be fourth and have Champions League football in our hands, only to stumble as we are right now, is hard to take.
  • I’m not sure we’d have scored anyway, but that ref just killed us off
  • Squad depth isn't catching up with us. Huge teams with £100m-£200m budgets are catching up with us.
  • We look totally spent and never looked like getting anything from that. Lingard didn’t look fit and we need players back like Cresswell and Masuaku. Johnson gave the ball away every time he had it and could have cost us goals each time.
    On the positive side we only conceded one and not the twos and threes lately. I don’t think we will get top 6 as the others have hit some form but if we can win 3 or 4 of the last 5 we may still do but still one of our best seasons
  • Where on earth is Balbuena meant to plant his foot after clearing the ball?
  • With so many injuries we were up against it. I'll take 5th spot and Europa spot if it happens. We lacked cutting edge against a very good Chelsea side. Can't see why Balbuena was sent off. Love see Benrahma have more games but could see Moyes' concerns about good use of the ball. He shot from 25-30 years when there were so many players in good position.
    Onward and forward to the next game. Hope some key players will return.
  • Lukerz said:

Yeah, our squad depth is killing us now.

Not really. We are missing 4 key players and there was nothing in that game.
    There was. There was a goal. If we had a striker on the pitch, who knows, maybe we'd have got one.

Missing key players is unfortunate. Not having adequate cover is not.
  • I wish the ref would have asked himself that basic question, Lukerz.
  • They say that referee decisions even themselves out over a season.
    Well, we have 5 games left to get at least two rediculous VAR decisions in our favour.
    Ridiculous decision.