West Ham v Chelsea 24 Apr 5.30pm

Comments

• I’m a bit worried we haven’t been able together a proper counter attack. Them having the ball is fine but when we can’t get our own act together it becomes a bit like the Liverpool game where they’ll eventually find a way in through luck or a moment from someone like Pulisic.
  • Did you all see the average position map? Noble’s average position was behind Balbuena’s!
  • We're doing okay but if we don't start posing a bit more threat then this gameplan will backfire. Need to be a bit braver in possession and capitalise on our counters.
  • We're doing okay but if we don't start posing a bit more threat then this gameplan will backfire. Need to be a bit braver in possession and capitalise on our counters.

He's on the bench though.
  • Azpi stops it going in with his arm and not a penalty. Quality.
  • Would have been harsh, IMO
  • Azpi stops it going in with his arm and not a penalty. Quality.

I didn’t think that was a penalty. It did hit his arm, but it looked to me to be on his bicep and if it hits your tshirt it’s not handball
  • Why are you both being reasonable and impartial? Just let me be mad.
  • Why are you both being reasonable and impartial? Just let me be mad.

Classic irrational, erratic Jordan smh
  • Better spell last five mins.
  • 60% of the ball last ten minutes
  • Those cynical fouls really are buys as bad as diving. We were in until Christiansen cheated. I will never understand why some cheating is ok to the media and some isn’t.
  • Poor defending again. The ball bypasses three of our players.

Such a frustrating goal to concede. Now we have to come at them.
  • Carved apart there for the goal. We’ve posed no threat at all.
  • That’s really weak
  • edited April 2021
    I’m with Alderz. I think we are doing quite well, and closing them down quickly. I’m getting tired just watching some of running/chasing.

As I type we’ve gone 0-1 down 🤦‍♂️ So I’ll shut up now
  • Definitely not paying Rice enough money, did you see the state of his jeans!!
  • Yep, 3 at back doesn’t work without Cresswell. It really is simple stuff.
  • Carved apart there for the goal. We’ve posed no threat at all.

We’d looked far more threatening than them for the past 15, IMO.
  • Yeah, but no real chances. Pressure is one thing, but making it count is quite another.
  • We were but they still carved us apart with nobody getting near Werner
  • Let's take bets on when we bring on Benrahma. 70 minutes?
  • alderz said:

Carved apart there for the goal. We’ve posed no threat at all.

We’d looked far more threatening than them for the past 15, IMO.
    Not sure we offered a threat during that period. We were just more advanced compared to before. I’d be happier playing on the back foot as before but we needed put better counter attacks together. They kept falling apart.
  • MIAHammer said:

Let's take bets on when we bring on Benrahma. 70 minutes?

It should be now. He was the player we needed in that period before they scored.
  • We had a bit more possession in the last 15 minutes but no real attempts. Apart from Werner Pulisic and Mount both had decent chances.
  • Not posing much of a threat, quite comfortable for Chelsea really. Bowen / Lingard / Fornals being bullied all over the pitch.
  • Bad time to concede ,just when we were getting into it
  • We have been laborious in attack. Is Lingard fit?
    The 3-5-2 has blunted attacking play. Need to go 4-5-1/4-4-2. Bring on Benrahma.
  • MIAHammer said:

Let's take bets on when we bring on Benrahma. 70 minutes?

It should be now. He was the player we needed in that period before they scored.
    Who would we take off for Benrahma. Bowen has been good I MO, and i can’t see Moyes taking off Lingard.