West Ham v Chelsea 24 Apr 5.30pm

Comments

• We're gonna win. I can feel it.
  • Oh. It's back.
  • 7th will probably qualify for Europe.
  • Oh. It's back.

He’s done it deliberately to jinx me, end my match thread run at one game, so that he can take over the threads again.

Classic behaviours of a match thread hogger.
  • Oh. It's back.

He’s done it deliberately to jinx me, end my match thread run at one game, so that he can take over the threads again.

Classic behaviours of a match thread hogger.
    Soon there will only be a few that can start them, a closed shop so to speak, all to save the game don't ya know.
  • So a sort of match thread ESL then =)
  • I'm in. What's the salary? 😂
  • Those last 4 games conceding 3,2,2 and 3 may come to haunt us.
  • But we scored 3,3,3,2 so other teams need to look out too.
  • IronHerb said:

7th will probably qualify for Europe.

That is why it would be beneficial for Manchester City to win on Sunday.

• It will be beneficial for Man City to win as it would mean Spurs not winning
  • baracks, I honestly thought that went without saying. =)
  • IH agreed but I was referring to the goal difference impact it had. Conceding 7 of the goals from a 9-0 lead is what may come back to haunt us.
  • They will no doubt have one eye on their Champions League semi final away at Real Madrid on Wednesday. I would fancy us with a full strength side for sure but I feel we have just picked up too many injuries at once. If Rice were somehow fit we may have a chance.
  • IronHerb said:

I'm in. What's the salary? 😂

Ok, so let’s assign an ESL club to the match thread ESL founding members

I’ll start us off

Herb = Spurs (entertaining at times but far too fragile)

Jorderz = Chelsea (quietly efficient but boring as hell)
  • The Demba Ba derby
  • Alderz = Leeds, loves a stat I hear.. just like Bielsa
  • Or maybe I should read this properly and note ESL club 🤦‍♂️
  • As you were
  • Fabianski
    Coufal - Diop - Ogbonna - Johnson
    Souček - Noble - Fornals
    Benrahma - Lingard
    Bowen
  • Won't Cresswell be ready for this? Moyes was hopeful for Newcastle - ' he is hopeful Cresswell will recover from the knock he received in last weekend’s 3-2 victory over Leicester City in time to travel to St James’ Park.'
  • I hope so, as we missed him at the back and going forward.
  • Cresswell and Masuaka both missing for Saturday.
  • Hmmm latest from C&H is Cresswell won't be ready until Burnley at the earliest

Fredericks played 90 minutes with the U23s Monday night, shame neither he nor Coufal appear to have ever played on the left. Maybe Moyes will try out a few things in training
  • Without Cresswell or Masuaku I think it has to be a back 4. There’s no player who offers and out from defence in the back 5 without them. Johnson on the left can’t carry the ball like Masuaku and Ogbonna can’t step into the space while we’re high up and cross it in. It becomes so flat. I think Johnson has looked more comfortable at LB than LWB so we’ll have to settle for that, in my opinion.
  • Without Cresswell or Masuaku I think it has to be a back 4. There’s no player who offers and out from defence in the back 5 without them. Johnson on the left can’t carry the ball like Masuaku and Ogbonna can’t step into the space while we’re high up and cross it in. It becomes so flat. I think Johnson has looked more comfortable at LB than LWB so we’ll have to settle for that, in my opinion.

And without Dawson. I think the back 4 who finished the last game is it for me.

Assuming nobody is back:

Fab; Coufal Diop Ogbonna Johnson; Soucek Noble; Fornals Lingard Benrahma; Bowen
  • Johnson and Noble are the obvious weak links but it will be good to see our best front 4 finally start together. We're gonna score one more than you ....
  • Unfortunately I don’t think Benrahma will start, though I personally think he usually brings something to the team. I think the Newcastle game should be a lesson that he needs to be starting the rest of the games.
  • Unfortunately I don’t think Benrahma will start, though I personally think he usually brings something to the team. I think the Newcastle game should be a lesson that he needs to be starting the rest of the games.

I’ve started listening to the West Ham Way podcast, and I’m learning that people apparently don’t rate him at all, and I find it so hard to understand. I feel like I’m seeing something nobody else does
  • I've seen a few sources suggest he will start on Saturday.