West Ham v Chelsea 24 Apr 5.30pm

Comments

• So with Liverpool doing what they do best today ,All we have to do is beat Chelsea ,This top 4 stuff is pretty easy when you think about it =)
  • Eighth - 17th apart from greater prize money from the EPL but it doesn’t bring European qualification. There is even a scenario where 7th could mean missing out.
  • But Lukerz, I'm sure you posted this a must win game. If you're so laid back then it's just another game surely.
  • IronHerb said:

But Lukerz, I'm sure you posted this a must win game. If you're so laid back then it's just another game surely.

It is must win if we really want to be in the top four, but if we lose and end up finishing 8th that doesn’t mean it’s a bad season, IMO.
  • I find it amazing that some of the big 6 are going to have to overtake WH at the very end if the season to get in to Europe! That alone makes this a great season.
  • Having some kind of European competition next season will hopefully attract a different level of new signing. IF, & I really hope we don’t fail to qualify, when a player has the choice of the two North London teams or us & none of us are in Europe how many players would honestly choose us over them?
  • Fortune,

We all want us to get into Europe so I’m not sure what point you are making. The team and manager have given everything to achieve that against all odds and to even be in this position with six games to go deserves huge credit.
  • edited April 2021

Having some kind of European competition next season will hopefully attract a different level of new signing. IF, & I really hope we don’t fail to qualify, when a player has the choice of the two North London teams or us & none of us are in Europe how many players would honestly choose us over them?

imo Even if we are in Europe, it won't make huge difference to the signings we can make. They'll still prefer a club regularly competing for European places or playing in Europe more often than not as more attractive than a 'one season wonder'.
  • Soucek must be due a goal.
  • Fredericks and Balbuena in for Johnson and Dawson.
  • IronHerb said:

But Lukerz, I'm sure you posted this a must win game. If you're so laid back then it's just another game surely.

It can be must win, but I can also be relaxed about it 👍
  • Still not sure about a back 3 without Cresswell or Masuaku
  • Let’s face Chelsea with their squad and resources are expected to beat little old West Ham, but it would bring a smile to this old fans face as wide as The Thames if we could turn ‘em over tonight.
  • Balbuena straight in as center of a 3 is a big call, as is Fredericks as LWB.
    Bench looks stronger than in quite a while and I hope Odubeko gets on at some time.
    Lingard is due us a goal.
  • Puddle I don’t think Lingard is due us a goal seeing as he’s been scoring most of our goals lately.
  • Late call but 2-1 Hammers. 🥳🥳🥳

COYI
  • I’ve gone 2-0 with Soucek first scorer. COYI
  • I like this.

Lingerd, Bowen and Fornals need to chase on Chistensen, Thiago Silva and especially Rudiger who look very unhappy on the ball when Brighton put pressure on him.

Fingers crossed for Fredericks on the left

Right. I'm off underground. Good luck and COYI

• L

Puddle I don’t think Lingard is due us a goal seeing as he’s been scoring most of our goals lately.

Possibly forgot the wink IMO!..Anyhow....COYI...
  • Zola and Danny Gabbidon in the Sky studio. Gabbidon could easily do voiceovers for Tom Kerridge - I couldn't tell them apart.
  • Correct Jay. I was being sarcastic, Thornbury.
    Squeaky bum/ shredded nails time - 2-1 to the Hammers !!!
  • If this lot had their way then beating them tonight and going 4th would be meaningless.

Should fire our players up nicely.
  • Chris Coleman on commentary. Great.
  • Pretty quiet so far, but I’ve noticed Diop dive in once or twice already. He really worries me!
  • Fredericks showing some good pace down the left. I think my stream is a bit behind
  • We are giving them so much time and space.
  • We're not posing much threat at the moment.
  • They're bossing us around at the moment. This could be a long afternoon.
  • I feel like they’ve had all the ball but we’ve been pretty comfortable so far. I was pretty happy until I read the last few comments and now I’m wondering if I’m wrong!
  • There's a clear game plan here; sitting back with men behind the ball and hope that Bowen and Lingard can catch them on the break. Not great so far.

Also, Chris Coleman. Why.