West Ham v Chelsea 24 Apr 5.30pm

Comments

• Anyway, COYI!!!!!
  • You play Noble you just become the same old West Ham. Our best players are injured and our midfield is playing one man short . Why oh why is Noble still a West Ham player. Benhrama deserves a chance as playing Noble ruins the team.
  • MIAHammer said:

Let's take bets on when we bring on Benrahma. 70 minutes?

It should be now. He was the player we needed in that period before they scored.
    Who would we take off for Benrahma. Bowen has been good I MO, and i can’t see Moyes taking off Lingard.

The system is the issue, for me. Back five with three traditional CBs doesn’t work for us. I’d rather lose Diop or Balbuena for Benrahma and go to 4-2-3-1.
  • Take Noble off for Benrahma for all the good he does playing that deep.
  • IronHerb said:

Take Noble off for Benrahma for all the good he does playing that deep.

I’d rather Noble playing the ball out from deep than Diop/Balbuena. The problem when there are three CBs and Noble is that there are fewer options for a forward pass
  • MIAHammer said:

Let's take bets on when we bring on Benrahma. 70 minutes?

It should be now. He was the player we needed in that period before they scored.
    Exactly. He should have been on from the start. But I doubt it'll happen too early. Moyes will wait until we're 0-2 down.
  • I have no complaints, we are 5th in the league and have proved so many people wrong, if we wanna go for a bit more, IMO the player who has been poor is Fornals, if we wanna change things up....
    COYI, you have done us so proud all season and I'm content, we are after all playing Chelsea, who whether we like it or not are always there or thereabouts , we are punching above our weight.....
  • Noble has done absolutely nothing wrong. But of course blame him, if it's easiest.
  • I think Johnson would be doing much better than Balbuena in that position. Get Benrahma on in the middle please
  • I thought we looked fairly solid to be fair. I am surprised Ogbonna is playing Central and Diop on the left. Ogbonna is our only left footed player on the pitch.
  • Noble has done absolutely nothing wrong. But of course blame him, if it's easiest.

He's done absolutely nothing. But of course defend him.
  • IronHerb said:

Noble has done absolutely nothing wrong. But of course blame him, if it's easiest.

He's done absolutely nothing. But of course defend him.
    He's picking the ball up and playing passes. Don't think he's misplaced a single pass. He's also made a couple of tackles and interceptions.

What has he done wrong?
  • We are running a bit on empty and don’t have a few hundred million of mafia money on the bench
  • Noble IMO has been more influential than Fornals...IMO!
  • No changes at half time
  • What do you mean by influential?

• Noble has had highest passing accuracy in the team.
  • No changes at half time

S H O C K
  • Noble's been fine. No-one's been terrible. Just not good enough to break through.

Understandable I guess when you're missing your best players.
  • edited April 2021
    There is nothing in front of Noble anyway, Bowen / Lingard getting beaten for pace and bullied off the ball. Im not sure we have anyone to turn this around either i dont think Benrahma or Lanzini or Yarmelenko have got the strength to play the Antonio hold up play that we need. Our best bet is a set play so having a tricky player like Benrahma to draw fouls is probably the best bet to get something out of this game.
  • IronHerb said:

What do you mean by influential?

Been involved more than Fornals, not lost the ball as much, etc etc..
  • Fornals off for Benrahma please.

Lingard really isn’t so effective when we can’t counter attack.
  • Better start to the half.
  • Fredericks on the left isn't working. One decent run on the outside in the first half and his cross was dire.

Coufal's decision making in the final third hasn't been great, either. Not sure where our goals are coming from.
  • Fornals keeps on giving possesion away...weak link IMO today
  • Do not know how Werner missed that, we are some nice stuff but in a safe area of the pitch for Chelsea, we need something extra in the final third
  • Do not know how Werner missed that, we are some nice stuff but in a safe area of the pitch for Chelsea, we need something extra in the final third

He's on the bench though
  • We're having a real go now.
  • Fredericks on the left isn't working. One decent run on the outside in the first half and his cross was dire.

Coufal's decision making in the final third hasn't been great, either. Not sure where our goals are coming from.

Coufal seems reluctant to cross the ball, ..... the few chances he’s had.

• Benrahma for Fornals has to happen soon. Don't wait til they've got their second.