Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Crystal Palace and West Ham lead the race for Sunderland's 22-year-old English midfielder Josh Hawkes, who has also been linked with Newcastle United and Leeds United. (Team Talk)
  • Ashley fletcher signed for Watford on a free from Middlesbrough
  • The Telegraph reckon Chelsea mulling over a £90m offer for rice, possibly Tammy Abraham involved. I think the board will find that hard to resist if true
  • I'd take 65M and Abraham
  • edited May 2021
    If Rice goes, then I will be very grumpy. Almost as grumpy as Haller
  • If we get a Europa spot then I don’t think Rice’ll leave
  • No way Chelsea are spending £90m on Rice
  • Chelsea don’t even need him
    All out for a striker
    I rate Werner, but can do a decent job from the left playing off a Kane or Haaland
  • Our retained list should be announced this week
  • I think Rice will be on our retained list
  • I think Rice will be on our retained list

The retained list is a weird name for it, because it’s a list of the players we are releasing, so I hope Rice isn’t on it
  • Now we need to put a very large pay increase in front of Declan Rice within a new contract, possibly a large buy out if need be. If he refuses say that's a shame but we are not selling next season anyhow as he has three years left. Job done. Do this before Euro's so our targets know we intend try and push on.

Buy Lingard if the price is acceptable but don't break the bank for him, £20m region.

Buy a new attacker

Buy a new 2nd choice keeper if possible. I think Fab is still our Number 1 but we need a better back up as it's perfectly likely he will be out for a bit through the season.

Buy a DM cover for Rice and Soucek

In an ideal world a Centre back also.

Offload, Anderson, Beuabena, Yarmalenko & Lanzini if need be, but keep if affordable.
  • I was reflecting that my transfer hopes may not be that realistic as they involve as having about 80m to spend and not too much to cash in on the players we want to release. Then I realised my Transfer delusion is nothing to Spurs fans who think they are going to get 200m for Harold Kane.

This from the Spurs board

'I think he has a 200m value. Maybe City won't pay that (they can win it all with their current squad), but Man U will.'
  • Maybe 3 years ago but not at the age of 27. He will have no resale value, so at best he's worth 80 million.
  • Balbuena's Instagram post seems to suggest he's going:

• Unfortunately having a small squad means it's going to be hard to raise funds for incoming transfers

Gk: Fab, Randolph, Martin
    RB: Coufal, Fredericks, Johnson
    LB: Cresswell, Masuaku
    CB: Ogbonna, Dawson, Diop (Alves, Reid)
    CM: Rice, Soucek, Noble, Lanzini
    WG: Bowen, Fornals, Benrahma, Lingard*, Yarmolenko (Anderson)
    ST: Antonio (Odubeko)

Not a lot of money in that squad for sales unless we sell someone from the first XI

Anderson, Reid and Yarmolenko are the obvious ones we should be looking to move on but finding a buyer for any will be hard

Lanzini, Diop and Fredericks are the ones I could see us taking offers for as they aren't part of the current XI

Gonna be so hard this summer, we've got the basis of something really good but do need quality in depth

Part of me is hoping that one of Alves, Alese, Trott, Holland, Odubeko, Coventry etc. can make some sort of step up and help fill some squad roles
  • Let's just raid Slavia and spend all of what we have there. If need be, make Soucek and Coufal chief scouts for the summer.
  • edited May 2021
    c&bsky, It is at this point I feel it is relevant to mention that Tottenham believe Winks is better than Rice!!! It is called the “Levy” effect.😁
  • c&bsky, It is at this point I feel it is relevant to mention that Tottenham believe Winks is better than Rice!!! It is called the “Levy” effect.😁

or just plain Spursy =)
  • c&bsky, It is at this point I feel it is relevant to mention that Tottenham believe Winks is better than Rice!!! It is called the “Levy” effect.😁

'Levity' effect more like because he's definitely havin' a laugh
  • C&H reckon that Tammy Abraham's price tag will be cut from £40m to £35m-£30m and that he wants to stay in London although no idea where either of those two bits of info came from

https://www.claretandhugh.info/moyes-knows-his-no-1-striker-target/
  • So you overprice a player by £10-15m then reduce it by £5-10m to make it sound like a bargain. Have Chelsea hired the DFS marketing manager? 🤔
  • edited May 2021
    I see Alex Kral is rumoured to be available for £14m. I think that would be an excellent signing; him, Rice and Soucek rotating would give us such good midfield options.

Abraham and Kral for £50m would represent good business, IMO. Both young enough to command decent sell-on value and plenty good enough for us.
  • I see Alex Kral is rumoured to be available for £14m. I think that would be an excellent signing; him, Rice and Soucek rotating would give us such good midfield options.

Abraham and Kral for £50m would represent good business, IMO. Both young enough to command decent sell-on value and plenty good enough for us.

Like it, another Czech mate.

See what I did there. ;)
  • edited May 2021
    Need to buy wisely, we can't just write a blank Czech...
    ( A concept soon to remain in the language only as an idiomatic expression, I suspect, as cheque books become a thing of the past.)
  • Grooooan 😄
  • I don't know Kral. I'll have to Czech him out
  • Heard Kral got into a gunfight in the past but he's moved forward and is OK now

#OK Kral ;)
  • edited May 2021
    Feels like we are going to need a few bodies in to cope with Europe also.

Another CB / DM / Striker i think is a must (assuming Balbuena is leaving after his recent post)

Unless Moyes transforms Anderson back into a player another option in the attacking midfield department is needed also.

Then from rumours suggestions Moyes wants another left back with i imagine Masuaku being surplus to requirements.

Yarmolenko / Masuaku / Lanzini / Diop / Anderson i imagine are on potential chopping block.

Balbuena and Martin contracts up and moving on. Trott i imagine takes up the 3rd keeper slot and maybe Alves takes the Balbuena slot.
  • I’d be surprised if Masuaku is deemed surplus to requirements. Feels like Moyes plays him whenever he is fit, and he does well in the system as a LWB or even as a LW option.
This discussion has been closed.