Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Sabah Spor (Turkey) reckon that Galatasaray might be interested in Anderson and that we might be ready to let him leave on a free just to get him off the wage bill

• OCS, What could £25 million buy you in the European market, possibly two players?

Five Vladimir Coufals.
  • Sabah Spor (Turkey) reckon that Galatasaray might be interested in Anderson and that we might be ready to let him leave on a free just to get him off the wage bill

Weve definitely had worse players....but based off of how bad he has been against the money we spent I can't think of a worse transfer in recent memory

Had a hot streak of 2 months whereby he scored 8 goals, but £42mil wasted

A club our size cannot make mistakes that bad....unfortunately it's deals like this that mean we have no money
  • Some clubs can brush this kind of mistake away, and creatively manoeuvre their way around FFP to still make significant player investments. Unfortunately for us and with our owners, one or two disasters of this ilk pushes us back 2-3 years.
  • I know nothing about how big our budget is this summer I kind of leave that up to the club. To me the obvious buy is Lingard, ok the last couple of games haven’t been to the level when he arrived but the boy is class and he will win game’s for us next season. I’m old enough to remember the likes of Moore/ Brooking/ Devonshire having poor games but as they say, form is temporary, class is permanent.
  • I guess the worry is that when someone has performed above the level they usually perform at, you have to worry that they aren't actually class, and the temporary form has deceived.

I would definitely sign Lingard, but I wouldn't be happy to sign him at any cost.
  • Yeah, I don’t personally think the ‘form is temporary, class is permanent’ applies to Lingard.

He’s been temporarily class but otherwise quite an average career, and now 28. I’d be okay if we signed him, but not if it broke the bank.
  • Ten Dawsons

Good squad we're building. Defensively sound, but a bit light in the final third.
  • OCS, I agree I would rather five Coufals than 10 Dawsons for the money.
  • Ten Dawsons

Good squad we're building. Defensively sound, but a bit light in the final third.
    I bet a front two of Dawson and Dawson would bag a few goals. But the delivery from Dawson and Dawson on the wings might be suspect, and Dawson and Dawson in the middle might lack the legs to get up and down the pitch.
  • But you would have ready replacements for when he gets sent off =)
  • You mean bring on Dawson for Dawson. I've been saying for a while that Dawson's legs have gone. We should be giving Dawson a start and a run in the team to show what he can do but Moyes seems to stick with Dawson. Can't he see what we all can?
  • https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/may/21-may/west-ham-united-women-announce-retained-list

Jack Sullivan is going as MD so it looks like another interesting summer window coming up for both teams. The other common thread between the two apart from their name is they have both been run on very small squads I wonder how that happened?

Some of the Womens best players are leaving so their replacements better be good or we will struggle again especially as next season the Sky/BBC money is coming into the WPL.
  • https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/may/21-may/west-ham-united-women-announce-retained-list

Jack Sullivan is going as MD so it looks like another interesting summer window coming up for both teams. The other common thread between the two apart from their name is they have both been run on very small squads I wonder how that happened?

Some of the Womens best players are leaving so their replacements better be good or we will struggle again especially as next season the Sky/BBC money is coming into the WPL.

A couple of the star players left on loan in the winter too - Alisha Lehmann went to Everton and Cho So-hyun went to Spurs. It seems like there is a struggle to invest in the womens team, and maybe the club as a whole.
  • I believe WBA will ask plenty for Johnstone and by plenty I mean comfortably more than we should pay. Just sayin'
  • Brady in the Sun very critical of Arnie (actually more critical of his brother) which suggests that a return is unlikely

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15030801/west-ham-brady-wantaway-premier-league-stars-kane-arnautovic/

• " West Ham are interesting in replacing David Moyes with FC Porto boss Sérgio Conceição", says a report https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/05/21/report-west-ham-want-46-year-old-manager-with-225-career-wins-to-replace-david-moyes/

Hopefully, it is just some agents pushing their man or a bout of insanity at the WHU Board. Hard to know what goes on behind the scenes but dumping Moyes would be insane. Have WHU learnt anything from the experience with Avram Grant and Manuel Pellegrini. Both had some success at moneybags Chelsea and Manchester City, but flopped at more frugal West Ham. You need a manager who can build successfully with less. Moyes has demonstrated that and even the whisper of replacing him would be demotivating and hamper the rebuilding of the team. Lt us hope that journalists are just concocting stories.
  • Running the source article through google translate they don't have any direct quotes. Think it's just paper talk, myself.
  • From that link:

"Correio da Manhã state that West Ham are trying to tempt Conceição to east London with the promise of a massive transfer budget."

I think that shows it's a rubbish story.
  • Yes BND that is where it shows they don’t have any facts to base their story on.
  • May lost in translation and we've offered him a massive Budgie?
  • Or a massive budget to shop with and got him 10% off at Lidl
  • The issue is I don't see why players like Abraham or Lingard would join a team that sells it's best players. MORE paper talk i feel sure.
  • We really need to keep our existing star players & supplement them with some more quality ones so over to you GSB to make it happen otherwise........?
  • For me more importantly his to rid ourselves of players like yarma, Anderson and any other high earners who arnt regulars to free up wages, and it’s no good firing back and saying who want them, I’d say a lot more clubs if on a free because there fee isn’t going to increase on the bench or out on loan picking up there wages
  • Declan himself said on Thursday that he hopes Lingard joins us permanently so why say that if he’s considering leaving.
  • I think he will want to lead us in Europe next year, the year after not so sure
  • I have to believe Lingard and more importantly Rice want to stay. Let's win tomorrow and make it happen please.
This discussion has been closed.