Fulham on Saturday

Comments

• Lets be honest alderz after a gin tasting you dont need any choice to be happy =)
  • If Dean let it go, or even showed a yellow, it wouldn't even being spoken about. No-one would be saying Soucek should have gone, Parker wouldn't mention it in the post-game presser, it wouldn't be given a second thought.

Mitrovic said it wasn't intentional. Every ex-pro on social media has said it wasn't intentional. If this stands then the integrity of the game is in serious question, IMO.
  • Hamstew said:

One of the responses:

“Glasses won’t save him, it’s a brain he needs”
  • Hamstew said:

Pengeman said:

I think the red card was wrong, but how to appeal against it?
    The only ground is that the referee made an obvious error in sending the player off. How can we prove that?
    The ref spent some time looking at the incidence. The VAR ref also seemed to think it was a red and hence the invitation to Dean to have a closer look at it. Do we say, both got it wrong? May be the clue lies in some seconds before the elbow touched Mitrovic and Soucek's body language. What if the appeal is rejected? Could Soucek be banned for more than three games? I am sure there are finer brains than mine looking at it.

I think the FA need to take into account that Dean is a massive twonk.
    Unfortunately the Refs Association (PGMOL) has such form for protecting their own that this will hold little weight.
  • edited February 2021
    Apart from the red card drama, what has Fornals done to not even being brought on as a sub..,
    Odd IMO 🤔
  • I remember last season against Newcastle where twice Carroll lead with elbow, alot worse than this incident and Carroll wasn't even booked. Joke of a decision.
  • Dean and Grealish in a plane that's going down. One parachute left, who gets it?
  • yoyo said:

Dean and Grealish in a plane that's going down. One parachute left, who gets it?

Dean every day for me . He’ll soon be put out to graze 🐄
  • yoyo said:

Dean and Grealish in a plane that's going down. One parachute left, who gets it?

Dean for me. Because he won't be able to work the thing.
  • yoyo said:

The pilot.
  • I was really looking forward to this game
  • yoyo said:

The pilot.
  • I was really looking forward to this game

So it’s your fault then!
  • I mean, when you look at the weight of opinion against the decision I just can't see how it stands. That panel would have to go against 100% of people that aren't Mike Dean and back the one useless sack of skin that is.

I have honestly never seen such a united voice against a decision in this era of social media.
  • edited February 2021
    A straight red can be given for Violent conduct, which is described in the rules as the use of excessive or brutal force, does anyone really think that was what happened here..... no I didn’t think so.

That being said, we should be happy with a point as that was not a great performance, we created very little and were lucky that Fulham proved that they couldn’t smack the backside of an elephant with the proverbial banjo.

I get the cluster of games and how difficult it must be, but I was disappointed with Lingard who was pretty anonymous.

Respect the point
  • I’m happy with 4 points from Villa & Fulham away.

That red is horrendous.
  • Can see why lingard hasn’t played for Man Utd for ages the game passed him by today
  • MrsGrey said:

alderz said:

I missed the end of the game because I went to a virtual gin tasting and I’m pretty happy with that choice

It would have been even better if you had been tasting real gin, presumably.
    Guessing he was virtually (with friends) tasting gin, rather than tasting virtual gin 😁😁😁 (as I'm sure you realised anyway 😁).
  • yoyo said:

That reminds me of the old joke:
    You're in a room with a gun and two bullets. In the room is Hitler, Stalin and Jeremy Beadle, who do you shoot?

Jeremy Beadle, twice, just to be certain.
  • If you don’t play well, the next best thing is a clean sheet, so that’s the obvious positive

Can’t see anything other than the current bottom 3 going down. Fulham are plucky and improved, but getting a whole heap of draws doesn’t do much for them really.
  • Thought Fulham pressed well all game but our defence was pretty solid not a great game but it’s the sort of game we used to lose on a regular basis
  • Fulham deserve a lot of credit. Unfortunately for them Mike Dean will be the main talking point. Basically just what he wants.
  • We looked miles off the pace and nothing clicked going forward whatsoever. Just one of those days, I think. The press was nothing like it was at Villa and there was just no link up between Antonio, Benrahma and Lingard.

Benrahma looked the most likely, so it was odd to take him off IMO. And how Lanzini isn't getting a run out when we need something different is confusing.

Soucek had one of his worst games for us, which is allowed because he's been outstanding.

Bowen really needs to start giving more. Lots of effort but not creating or looking like scoring a goal anymore.

I'm not even going to talk about the red card.
  • I think he took Bowen and Benrahma off because he wanted them fresh for Tuesday, and also because Noble on meant Soucek pushed on a bit and we got big boys in the box for crosses
  • Even ex-refs

What did Halsey say in reply to the question?
  • On the game, I thought Parker followed Klopp's lead and nullified our midfield. I suspect that's why Noble came on, but he didn't help us gain any control. Loftus-Cheek won the battle in midfield and our game suffered as a result.

Good that we kept a clean sheet and took a point from a bad performance, but our lack of squad depth is going to catch up with us now I fear. Surprised Mipo wasn't on the bench because today was an opportunity to see what he can do; neither Antonio or Yarmolenko did anything, so it's hard to imagine Mipo doing any less.
  • Hang on, I've just seen it.
  • edited February 2021
    Agree... The points we on , let’s be real an average performance where we keep a clean sheet and get a point is not the end of the world.
    One thing , and I’ll excuse Moyes as he has so far over achieved and impressed, but what was the subs all about? Anyone think he was looking at the cup game?
    As I’ve just read like Alderz stated!

Really hope that red card will be overturned, but not holding my breath whatever ex players / pundits think... Blooming hope so though

Just read what Moyes said on the BBC report, I’m not 100% he is even going to appeal it?
  • For those of us not on Twitter what did he say