Fulham on Saturday

Comments

• And the ball wasn’t in play
  • Mitrovic is an absolute disgrace and Dean and Mason have fallen for it.
  • Yes as it was a straight red but the FA don’t like us!
  • edited February 2021
    I’d rather we lost and Soucek had stayed on. How can that have been deemed violent conduct.
  • Luckily we have a big squad to cover it
  • Mitrovic is an absolute disgrace and Dean and Mason have fallen for it.

My Comms said Mitrovic told Dean it wasn't malicious.
  • How the Premier League allow that man to referee is astonishing.
  • Soucek somewhat naive though.... what was he doing.
    Poor game, performance and subs choice.
    Red/ not red... should not have had his elbow up there IMO
  • It’s a straight red so we should be able to appeal that. Another VAR failure. Shockley Park fails to make a clear cut decision and passes the buck to Mike Dean.
  • We are about to find out what we’d be like if we lost Antonio and either of Rice or Soucek.
  • A lousy game and we were poor. Like the old West Ham, up one week and down the next. It was never a red card and hope that we appeal. Antonio looked tired. May be Antonio Bowen and Benrahama were taken off to preserve them for Tuesday's big game.
  • That has to be rescinded. Redknapp and Zamora are not happy in the studio. If that red stands the game is dead.
  • Sorry but can’t see that overturned, what was his elbow doing.
    Have no complaints and fine to be in a minority here..,
  • Mike Dean and Mason show

Disgraceful

And good for Redknapp and Zamora trying to pressurise the ref and calling them out

We need this more, we need pressure on the refs and the prem to start appointing competent professionals
  • That must have a good chance of being overturned if we appeal.
  • edited February 2021
    Rather perhaps blame Mitrovic for going down so easily?
    Also Lee Mason didn’t do him any favours IMO
  • Was a bit like after the Lord Mayor’s Show after the Villa game but at least we came away with a point.
    Mike Dean needs demoting.
  • Farcical decision, arm was clearly going up and over , there was no attempt to move the elbow into the face, absolutely ridiculous decision to decide that there was deliberate intent to elbow the player.
  • Mike Dean and Mason show

Disgraceful

And good for Redknapp and Zamora trying to pressurise the ref and calling them out

We need this more, we need pressure on the refs and the prem to start appointing competent professionals

Ex-pros all over Twitter saying it's a ridiculous decision. I can't see how they don't overturn that.
  • Sorry but can’t see that overturned, what was his elbow doing.
    Have no complaints and fine to be in a minority here..,

If you watch it in normal speed the whole thing, you can see that M was behind S pulling and pushing and as S moved to get away, M moves round to the front. S is much taller and as his arm moved back it catches M.
    Can't agree, Jay.
  • That has to be rescinded. Redknapp and Zamora are not happy in the studio. If that red stands the game is dead.

Kelly whatshername (I think she's Kenny Dalgleish's daughter) was trying to defend the decision but the boys were having none of it.
  • How on earth is that a red

VAR needs to go
  • Rather perhaps blame Mitrovic for going down so easily?
    Also Lee Mason didn’t do him any favours IMO

No, he got caught. I think it's fine to go down - not sure about acting like his head had been knocked off. But the ref watched it a dozen times in slow mo and another dozen in normal speed. Poor decision.

• Can't see it being overturned after the Southampton debacle, are they really going to twice rescind Dean's decisions. Would make the PL look a joke. I reckon it will stay for them to save face on a clueless ref.
  • So Antonio injured and Soucek suspended.

Just perfect.

Injured? Who said?
  • A foul. Not violent conduct. No way.

Kelly whatshername (I think she's Kenny Dalgleish's daughter) was trying to defend the decision but the boys were having none of it.
    I think the presenters have to be on the fence.

Redknapp was raging 😄 Carragher and Lineker vocal on Twitter. Hopefully the weight of opinion will force the PLs hand.
  • It deflecting away from the team performance. Poor match
  • Mrs G... checking it again and again, yep agree with you, poor decisions. My bad..... Dean and Mason have been fooled here, hope it’s overturned, let’s see...not convinced tho...

Poor game, deserved zilch, so a point a bonus I guess
  • Shocking decision by VAR (Lee Mason) and on pitch ref (Mike Dean). Absolutely dreadful by both of them.