Fulham on Saturday

Comments

• For those of us not on Twitter what did he say

It was a “face palm” symbol that he gave, indicating he thought it farcical
  • He sent a face palm emoji
  • Oh I can see that but I thought he’d actually said something.
  • Yes, so did I hahaha
  • Lukerz said:

Two things we are get to experience this season:
    A red card
    A penalty

Mike Dean reffing and Lee Mason is VAR.

I think I know which is more likely this evening.
    It's almost as if it was predictable
  • Bringing on Noble and Fredericks very defensive when our back 4 and midfield looked OK. Fornals and Lanzini surely the better option. And why did we have a striker on the bench vs Villa but not today. Instead we had 4 defenders. Don't get this at all.
  • Moyes says ‘it’s nothing serious for Michail, just fatigue’.
  • Lukerz said:

Moyes says ‘it’s nothing serious for Michail, just fatigue’.

🤔 I'm not convinced. He was definitely feeling his hamstring and definitely pulled up on a run. I get that he'd be fatigued, but is that enough for him to ask to come off?
  • edited February 2021

Bringing on Noble and Fredericks very defensive when our back 4 and midfield looked OK. Fornals and Lanzini surely the better option. And why did we have a striker on the bench vs Villa but not today. Instead we had 4 defenders. Don't get this at all.

That's what I find odd. Moyes found a space for Noble but at the expense of a striker and not one of the four defenders. Did we really need Fredericks and Johnson on the bench? Or both of Diop and Balbuena?
  • Lukerz said:

Moyes says ‘it’s nothing serious for Michail, just fatigue’.

🤔 I'm not convinced. He was definitely feeling his hamstring and definitely pulled up on a run. I get that he'd be fatigued, but is that enough for him to ask to come off?
    I'm fine with him coming off if he's fatigued, but was it only that?
  • Well Moyes made the call to sign nobody, so if he did he only has himself to blame
  • Bringing on Noble and Fredericks very defensive when our back 4 and midfield looked OK. Fornals and Lanzini surely the better option. And why did we have a striker on the bench vs Villa but not today. Instead we had 4 defenders. Don't get this at all.

Mipo Odubeko played the full 90 minutes last night against Brighton in the U-23s 6-1 defeat. So probably too tired to play two games in two days. Hopefully, he get a chance at MANU, against the team that he left.
  • Then he shouldn't have played in that game, IMO. He's currently our third choice striker, so should be saved for the first team.

Hopefully he'll see some minutes in Cup, but I'm not convinced he will.

• Unfortunately the Refs Association (PGMOL) has such form for protecting their own that this will hold little weight.

Moyes about sums up the situation:

"I'm sure they'll come up enough excuses to justify their reason for doing it"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55966947
  • From the bbc comms just now

“United on the break with a quick counter but Bruno Fernandes is penalised for a dangerous high boot in the box”

Where’s the red card, stockley park?

• Unfortunately the Refs Association (PGMOL) has such form for protecting their own that this will hold little weight.

Moyes about sums up the situation:

"I'm sure they'll come up enough excuses to justify their reason for doing it"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55966947
    But surely if Mitrovic puts in a good word we have a solid chance of getting it overturned.
  • edited February 2021
    Both pundits on NBC (Danny Higinbottom and Tim Howard) said it was a red card but Graeme Le Saux (commentating) said there was no way that was a red card and he’d be very surprised if that wasn’t overturned.
  • I don’t know how anybody that loves football can honestly sit there & say that’s a red. I just can’t.
  • Scott Parker said he didn’t think it deserved a sending off.
  • I found our subs the strangest part of that match. Fornells has been consistent throughout and was the natural option to take, Noble was never going to help break down a defence we hadn't broken down up to then. In truth we did well to get the point as they dominated throughout.
  • I agree on the subs and it just generally being a strange match. What I would say is that I actually think that right now, a draw away to Fulham is actually a good result for a team looking to finish top 8. If champions league is a genuinely real aspiration, then it’s not a good result but while we may dream of it, I don’t think that’s at all likely, so for our ambition of a top 8 finish, that’s a solid point.
  • Fulham are a decent side they just can’t turn draws into wins. A poor performance from us, but we take a point from it which is better than none. Respect the point
  • Now I’ve seen it all

Even Jack Grealish has said on Twitter that it wasn’t a red card 😂
  • Now I’ve seen it all

Even Jack Grealish has said on Twitter that it wasn’t a red card 😂

I always said he was a nice guy...
  • Don’t care what grealish has to say to be honest he’s still a cheat
  • Lineker, Wright and Dublin on MOTD all panned the decision.
  • Cuz1 said:

Should moyes now come out and say I don’t always win games 😂😂

Well he didn't when he was winning 6 on the bounce. 🤔
    Lukerz said:

If that is a red, I am done with football

Well. until Tuesday anyway. 😁

From the bbc comms just now

“United on the break with a quick counter but Bruno Fernandes is penalised for a dangerous high boot in the box”

Where’s the red card, stockley park?

If you saw this the defender ducked really low to head the ball and Fernandes went with his boot. Dangerous play by the defender imo.  😂

Hard fought point where we didn't really look as though we would concede. Just never got going up front but a lot of that was down to Fulham pressing and being quicker. Lukerz was right when he said Fulham wouldn't be easy to play against so we take the point, which I doubt we would have last year. Red card, I think it's been covered pretty well but when you have three of the most experienced officials in the English game, Dean, Mason and Friend this kind of thing shouldn't happen. We need to join Southampton in asking that we don't get Dean and Mason again.
    Someone posted that they won't rescind two reds in succession against Dean. They rescinded two reds in one game against Moss, West Ham v Everton, when Coles and Gibson were sent off.

Onto the Cup and United.

COYI
  • Still don't get why Moyes doesn't utilise Lanzini, he and Benrahma had some great link up against Doncaster.
  • edited February 2021
    IronHerb said:

They rescinded two reds in one game against Moss, West Ham v Everton, when Coles and Gibson were sent off.

Wasn't that the useless Anthony Taylor?

• Yes buffy you're correct. In my defence, it could have been any of them. 😂