Jesse Lingard signs on loan - official

Comments

• Forgot all about Baz,but now he`s back i`v kind of missed him
  • He was on loan at Liverpool 😜
  • oh that explans it =)
  • Baz, dare I ask how your FPL team is doing?
  • I think what happened is that someone arranged for Baz to be seconded to Liverpool. Having turned them into serial losers, he has now triumphantly returned to our fold with his mission successfully completed.
  • In that case, do we want him back yet?
  • We always want Baz back :)
  • Baz returns as Liverpool fall below the irons 🤔🤔🤔
  • Bazshuayi said:

Who in their right mind would also imagine I'd be back again ;)

Have you been away then? ;)
    Well they had to let me back out eventually, didnt they? B)
  • He was on loan at Liverpool 😜

Who else do you think was responsible for their dramatic decline? I can jinx it with the best of them :)
  • Baz, dare I ask how your FPL team is doing?

You'll find out next gameweek... I joined the league yesterday. Lets just say if you look up too long you'll get a stiff neck :)
  • I think what happened is that someone arranged for Baz to be seconded to Liverpool. Having turned them into serial losers, he has now triumphantly returned to our fold with his mission successfully completed.

I'm proud of the job I've done in such a short space of time...
  • Baz returns as Liverpool fall below the irons 🤔🤔🤔

I honestly, after a couple of tries months ago, thought the site was no more. Then I thought that the name changed and everyone hid until they thought I'd not return ;(
  • Lingard’s record goalscoring season in the league came in 2017/18 when he got 8 league goals in 33 games. He’s on 6 in 8 for us, and genuinely conceivable that he will will end up with besting his record in less than half a season.
  • It looked yesterday as if he were ik some discomfort at the end of the game, I saw his hand go down to his thigh a few times. It all started with this bad tackle a few minutes from time and I hope it isn't anything serious. We really could do with him for the next few games.
  • With Rice out, losing Jesse would be a hammer blow (yes, I stole it from the tabloids). Hopefully it was bruising/dead leg type of thing rather than anything that'll keep him out.
  • Genuinely concerned now he's not going ti stay with us

It's unreal how good he's been
  • Our best chance is him feeling a comfort here and knowing he's the main man up the field for us. Maybe Moyes a factor too. He must know hes not going to be behind the strikers (Bruno and Van D), on the left (Rashford Martial who both play up top too) or on the right he'd be competing with Greenwood and James which will be his best chance. Thats if Utd dont buy anyone else in the summer. Short version, he'd be loved and cherished by us
  • He'd be loved and cherished by us no doubt

But I'm more worried United will put a £30/40 mil tag on him which even despite his form is a ridiculous fee for someone with a year left on his contract
  • I think £30m for his impact is not unreasonable. Given the fees we’ve paid for some other players recently that seems like a bargain.
  • alderz said:

I think £30m for his impact is not unreasonable. Given the fees we’ve paid for some other players recently that seems like a bargain.

Based off of current form yes I'd agree

But you also have to acknowledge that at 28, he has never shown this level of performance in his career....so think we have to be wary that is likely just a purple patch

If we spent £30mil I'd be ok with it

But don't think we will go nuts in the summer window even if we do get top 4
  • There's also the threat that even if Man U do agree to let him go, others will be interested. If we don't get European football and Leicester get CL and Spurs or Everton nick 5th or 6th, I can see them going in for him; he's bang in form, he has European experience, he's English (for quota purposes) and no doubt he'll be eager to make the most of his prime years so he may be tempted. Let's be honest, he has no affiliation to West Ham so I don't think it's a given that he'll come here permanently even if Man U sell and we can afford him.
  • I don’t think we should worry about other clubs. We’re above all those clubs except Leicester. I’m not saying they are not threats, but we’ve been in & around/above those clubs this season. Whilst we could end up 7th/8th, Jesse will have seen that we are not far away based on this season. He’ll want games. My main worry is whether he is happy to live permanently in London.
  • Lukerz said:

I don’t think we should worry about other clubs. We’re above all those clubs except Leicester. I’m not saying they are not threats, but we’ve been in & around/above those clubs this season. Whilst we could end up 7th/8th, Jesse will have seen that we are not far away based on this season. He’ll want games. My main worry is whether he is happy to live permanently in London.

I think though at 28 he may want to make the most of the four years or so he has left at the top level. If it's a choice between us without European football and Leicester/Spurs/Everton with European football, I don't think we win. He strikes me as the type of person that would back himself to get into any of those teams, and on current form he'd walk into all of their first elevens, IMO.
  • he's not going for 30m with 1 year left on his deal at Man U, he would go no more than 20m max.
  • Whatever happens, happens. Reality is we will be in as good a position as anybody to sign him. He’s had a trial here, played some cracking football. If we can find the money, we’ll be in with a shout. Man Utd may offer him a new deal & I think that’s the biggest worry.
  • depends who we sell, if we offload Rice and Soucek, why would he come to a club with low ambition as replacing them will be very hard to do given the quality they bring.
  • I never realised how hard he works and how good he is. I would love him to stay
  • alderz said:

I think £30m for his impact is not unreasonable. Given the fees we’ve paid for some other players recently that seems like a bargain.

Based off of current form yes I'd agree

But you also have to acknowledge that at 28, he has never shown this level of performance in his career....so think we have to be wary that is likely just a purple patch

If we spent £30mil I'd be ok with it

But don't think we will go nuts in the summer window even if we do get top 4
    I think he showed this form in the season before the World Cup and was then pretty good at the World Cup as well. True he hasn't consistently been this good but this isn't the first time. Don't think any of our signings have ever had form this good in their careers before we signed them apart from maybe Haller's season at Frankfurt.
  • Man Utd have so little power with one year left on the contract. That ensures you a fee but doesn't allow you to dictate it in the way we could with Rice at present. If they don't allow him go where he wishes for a reasonable fee he will simply tell them he will sit it out and pocket every penny a club is offering them for himself next summer. They will accept 15m in my view if he pushes them, if they get 20m they have done well.

It is possible he may be happy to go back to United to either win his place back and sign a new contract with them next summer or leave and pocket a big fee for himself elsewhere next summer.

Each transfer is a negotiation and depending on the circumstances the power lies with a certain party, regard this one the power lies with the player himself. In my view he will end up where he wants to end up.