Jesse Lingard signs on loan - official

Comments

• at 28 Lingard is on his last big contract. Something tells me Man Utd are not going to offer him a huge contract. I would assume he would be looking to go else where for the final 4-5 years he has. West Ham seems very logical from a footballing perspective considering he would be a guaranteed starter than if he was on a bench at another top 6 club. Unless someone like Leicester / Everton / Wolves or another club come in for him that can splash the cash.
  • I am quite hopeful as Jesse seems to be genuinely enjoying his football right now with us, I do not think he will do a Giroud and opt for a lucrative spot on a bench.

So long as our offer is reasonable and we do not try and pinch pennies, we must be in with a decent shout of securing him
  • The issue for him at Man U is that the transfers they're talking about are the £100m+ players like Haaland or Sancho. I know in this country people aren't sold on Sancho but he is really good and, regardless, if he signs he'll be starting. Lingard might be more in-form than their current players but it's clear they want better players than all of them.
  • at 28 Lingard is on his last big contract. Something tells me Man Utd are not going to offer him a huge contract. I would assume he would be looking to go else where for the final 4-5 years he has. West Ham seems very logical from a footballing perspective considering he would be a guaranteed starter than if he was on a bench at another top 6 club. Unless someone like Leicester / Everton / Wolves or another club come in for him that can splash the cash.

I think he’s probably got more in the tank than a lot of 28 year olds. He didn’t really get into the side until his early 20s, so he’s not one of these 16 year olds who burn themselves out young
  • You get the impression that what is key for lingard is to be actually playing - and regularly. Why then would he want to go back to United to slug it out with their best player, Bruno for a similar position? Similarly Leicester, where Maddison performs a similar role?
  • I might be wrong, but I'm sure I heard somewhere that Man Utd have an option to extend Lingard's contract by a year, so they could extend to give them more bargaining power when it comes to the size of his fee if they do decide to let him go.
  • Buffy - they’ve done it already. He was due to be a free agent this summer.
  • Ah, ok, I thought I heard something about it, thanks for clarifying the situation.
  • Why would he not want to go to a club where he might win something...... =) Okay going to wash my mouth out with soap now =)
  • That's cheap. Go get him.
  • Fair to both parties in my view.
  • I thought they might ask for more
  • It's from Pedro Almeida, he's made plenty of predictions in the past that have turned out to be inaccurate.
  • My mate at work knows Jesse and told me a month ago that he wants to stay.
  • Stay at Man U or West Ham?
  • Sorry, West Ham.
  • My mate at work knows Jesse and told me a month ago that he wants to stay.

It's from Pedro Almeida, PrestonHammer he's made plenty of predictions in the past that have turned out to be inaccurate.

(dont be teasing us without a snapchat clip of Jesse saying it! Our mental health cant take it ;) )
  • England midfielder Jesse Lingard, 28, will push to leave Manchester United this summer when his loan at West Ham ends. (Eurosport)
  • edited May 2021
    Apparently some people are getting all excited because Lingard has bought his daughter a pair of claret and blue Nike Air Forces.

As evidence that he'll be playing for us next season goes I'm not 100% convinced
  • I don’t know what else you can ask for Aslef, that’s a proper commitment. I’m sure she’ll be passing them down to the next sibling after as well.
  • I heard Messi was spotted in Wickes buying a Hammer.... just saying
  • The hammer was for ronaldo
  • I saw a photograph somewhere of a pair of trainers in West Ham colours that Jesse had got his young daughter. Anyone happen to see that?
  • Could it be these bad boys...

• DAF no they were kiddies trainers. Some people were assuming that this meant he was staying with us
  • Won Player of the Month for April. First time he's won it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57115433
  • Also won Goal of the Month for the goal against Wolves.