Southampton (A) - 6pm 29/12

Comments

• Fornals with all the space in the world to put in a decent cross with no defender near by and scuffs a cross in.
  • Lanzini has to do better there
  • Seriuos delay on Amazon/Virgin
    I read that the free kick had gone over about a minute before it was taken.
  • edited December 2020
    Should have laid it back to Yarmolenko
  • Should have left it to Yarmouth (I think it was)
  • edited December 2020

Seriuos delay on Amazon/Virgin
    I read that the free kick had gone over about a minute before it was taken.

Someone posted something in the Brighton match thread that made me think they'd scored in injury time, was really worried for the last 90 secs in that game.
  • Not bad considering there are several changes

Haller off for anybody else & then let’s see if we can pinch a couple of goals second half
  • I don’t normally post during the match but it needs to be said.
    Tony Gale REALLY doesn’t like Haller does he?
  • What to say. I mean, it's not that we played badly; we haven't really played at all. Front four offering very little again and neither full back prepared to go beyond their winger.

Dawson has actually done ok, apart from that one hospital pass into midfield, but that's about the only positive I can find. There's absolutely no zip about anything we've done and, once again, we're crying out for someone to get hold of the ball and take the game to the opposition.
  • Need speed up front , which Benrahma gives us
  • I think we've done okay, personally.
  • 4-0 lids, look away now Wombat

4-0 lids, look away now Wombat

I feel ill.
  • Slacker said:

I don’t normally post during the match but it needs to be said.

Neither does Lukerz
  • What to say. I mean, it's not that we played badly; we haven't really played at all. Front four offering very little again and neither full back prepared to go beyond their winger.

Dawson has actually done ok, apart from that one hospital pass into midfield, but that's about the only positive I can find. There's absolutely no zip about anything we've done and, once again, we're crying out for someone to get hold of the ball and take the game to the opposition.

Yeah it’s starting to remind me of the days of Big Sam
  • That half just shows you exactly what Haller offers

Even Bertrand is shrugging him off the ball
  • Poor game. Not much to write about. Need more from Haller, Fornals, Yarmolenka and Lanzini. How long before Antonio and Benrahma are brought on.
  • Haller’s probably been the better one of the front four, for me, but that’s not saying a lot. For flair players, Lanzini and Yarmolenko do very, very little with the ball.

We seriously need to sort out this short set piece nonsense.

This tactic doesn’t work for me because Soucek stays too deep. We look a lot more threatening when he pushes forward.
  • Got to be Bowen & Benrahma as next changes, Bowen only played a half on Sunday
  • edited December 2020
    Knowing how we rush players back, and how injury prone Antonio is, I'd really rather not see him at all in this game. Benrahma, otoh, deserves half an hour rather than the usual 10-15mins.
  • Think we have done Ok... that includes Dawson... COYI ⚒
  • How is Haller being singled out, he's holding it up and laying it off.....

Yarmolenko is slowing us down, Lanzini is trying but it isn't quite coming off and Fornals has been very quiet

Personally I'd like to see Yarmo off for Benrahma or Bowen, need a bit more pace and those two are more direct

Think Fornals is required as they are more dangerous down our left and Cresswell needs the help
  • Haller's been fine, but it seems in vogue to blame all our problems on him.

Nobody has created a chance for him yet.
  • Did anyone call this the Michail Antonio Derby?
  • Slacker said:

I don’t normally post during the match but it needs to be said.

I don't think he likes West Ham fullstop.
  • Yarmolenko is so wasteful, honestly
  • Much more positive start to the second half
  • Yarmolenko guilty again of holding.onto it for too long

Just wish he put his foot through it more often...he has the quality
  • alderz said:

Yarmolenko is so wasteful, honestly

One trick pony. Everyone knows what he's trying to do.
  • Much better start
  • Lanzini penalised for winning the ball!