Southampton (A) - 6pm 29/12

Comments

• I'm lost for words
  • A bit more about that line-up going forward, though disappointed not to see Benrahma start. I thought he looked great against Leeds, and since then has hardly played.

Good to see Antonio on the bench, too.

COYI
  • 4-1-4-1 formation, apparently, with Rice the one in front of the two CBs. Dawson over Diop is a strange one. Can't blame fatigue for that one.

Oh well, it is what it is. Can't see beyond a two-goal defeat tonight.
  • Dawson....really....

Apart from that im not too bothered, still would've gone for Coufal, don't trust Fredericks in a back 4
  • I think it's a decent line-up...

Moyes must have a good reason for playing Dawson ahead of Diop.

I'd rather Benrahma in there than Yarmo, but that's my only real complaint.
  • 3-2 Hammers.

COYI
  • edited December 2020
    I really don't think Yarmo is a very good player at all. Especially when he starts.

But I get that we need to rest players. Just hope it doesn't end up us losing tonight and against Everton.
  • He obviously doesn’t rate diop or we have a buyer and don’t want him injured
  • For comparison, here are Southampton changes from their last game

Ings for Long
    Romeu for Diallo
    Djenepo for Armstrong

Hoping Ings isn't 100% fit
  • Baffling is all I’m going to say
  • Another Moyes special or tactical genius who knows
  • Moyes doesn’t really have much choice but to change the side to be fair.

He obvs feels Coufal can do with a rest too.
  • Is Moyes playing 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1? I suppose the sticking point is how to gt the best out of Haller. Can't see any pace in the forward line. Maybe changes at half time with Benrahama coming on. Why is Dawson selected ahead of Diop?
  • Fornals in middle & Lanzini on the left I imagine
  • Definitely something strange going on with the Benrahma situation IMO if he still on the bench
  • Lukerz said:

Moyes doesn’t really have much choice but to change the side to be fair.

He obvs feels Coufal can do with a rest too.

Rice and/or Soucek could do with a rest too, but our squad isn't deep enough to allow it. Johnson being dropped is a strange one given he hasn't played much, but assuming he's being saved for Everton, the fact that we don't have any other option at LWB means we revert to a back four again.
  • edited December 2020
    Wonder if Balbuena is isolating
  • Looks like a back 4 ! Unless Fornals is LWB ?
  • edited December 2020

Definitely something strange going on with the Benrahma situation IMO if he still on the bench

Benrahma playing from the left seems like a no-brainer to me. Can only assume it's Fornals there and Lanzini in the middle with Soucek.

I'll need some convincing to believe Moyes doesn't have a problem with Benrahma. The excuse of him not making the right decision with the ball doesn't wear well with me given both Fornals and Bowen are guilty of regularly making the wrong decision in the final third and both are regular starters.
  • I quite like the lineup tbh
  • Yarmolenko often neglects his defensive duties and gives away silly fouls.
  • We’ll see how we do with a back 4 though
  • Dawson really ...........Loss
  • Diop must have a slight injury
  • steve said:

Dawson really ...........Loss

Cue Dawson to score the winner - header from a Cresswell corner. ;)
  • I think he doesn’t trust Benrahma to make the right decision so doesn’t start him
  • Even better in 89th minute from a noble cross who’d come on to respect the 0-0 lol
  • Surprised he didnt throw on Snodgrass and Benrahma too
  • Definitely something strange going on with the Benrahma situation IMO if he still on the bench

Benrahma playing from the left seems like a no-brainer to me. Can only assume it's Fornals there and Lanzini in the middle with Soucek.

I'll need some convincing to believe Moyes doesn't have a problem with Benrahma. The excuse of him not making the right decision with the ball doesn't wear well with me given both Fornals and Bowen are guilty of regularly making the wrong decision in the final third and both are regular starters.
    I honestly think he never wanted Benrahma and after what happened with Diangana which was definitely a case of rug pulled from under Moyes in this regard from the owners, I think this is almost a middle finger to the owners in not playing Benrahma. I dont think its a case of not liking Benrahma i think the booting out of Diangana for money reasons to replace with someone more expensive than what we sold Diangana for got the managers hairs up as well as the supporters.
  • steve said:

Dawson really ...........Loss

The guy hasn’t even stepped onto the pitch yet, but sure, write him off.