Southampton (A) - 6pm 29/12

Comments

• Walcott vs Cresswell at LB is going to be disgusting. Then again not convinced of Fredericks defending either.
  • Just maybe Dawson is being picked as being more suited to being able to deal with JWP’s set pieces? Just a thought
  • Walcott isn’t as quick as he used to be.
  • Worried about Fredericks and Yarmo on the right flank, they are going to have to be switched on as Bertrand/Walcott will attack them with pace
  • Really disappointed to see us (apparently) switching to a back 4, makes no sense to me.
  • Really disappointed to see us (apparently) switching to a back 4, makes no sense to me.

I agree to some extent, because it does get the best out of certain players at the back. But Haller, Lanzini & Yarmolenko have never looked great in the 3-4-3 system, so if this gets the best out of them all then I’m all for it.
  • This is more winnable than Everton imho so baffled is my feeling for the lineup let’s see how it goes
  • Looks like a 4-2-3-1, as Amazon had it, but with Fornals on the left of the 3 rather than Lanzini, which makes sense imo
  • edited December 2020
    Dreadful start, let's hope it's VAR'ed (wasn't really VAR'ed as the lino did put his flag up anyway, after the event).

It has been, but we're still not really in this yet.
  • Not a great start looks like Moyes is going backwards as over confidence again happened last time as well, let’s hope we push on
  • Free kick from wide left is woeful, straight into the keeper's hands.
  • edited December 2020
    Must admit I'm nervous whenever Dawson has the ball, no evidence for me to be, just that he's not played much for us
  • Yarmo out on the right, running like a cart horse
  • Hopefully Dawson and Fredericks have played a bit together in training, as a bit of a worry to have 2 new bodies in at our defensive right
  • Soton awarded a corner, ball never went out imo, another bad decision. Fortunately we clear.
  • Ogbonna catches Walcott with his studs down the calf, but no card. Free kick out for a corner.
  • Southampton corner. West Ham zone marking but no-one there. On the edge of the box you have 1 defender with 3 attackers and a further 2 attackers standing on their own
  • Dawson does give the ball away cheaply in a dangerous position, but fortunately they squander the chance; won't have done his or his team mates confidence any good
  • Southampton goal coming. Looks a replica of the Brighton game this does.
  • We need some time on the ball
  • edited December 2020
    Lordy, the Amazon comm team are morons

Just spent a couple of minutes talking about Covid vaccinations
  • Amazon could replace Clinton Morrison with an Alexa and it would have more insightful comments to make.
  • Amazon could replace Clinton Morrison with an Alexa and it would have more insightful comments to make.

She could probably help G&S with transfer selections too
  • I’m forever blowing bubbles and come on you irons is the highlight by the virtual crowd so far
  • Good free kick dekivery
  • Much better ball in from a Cresswell free kick this time, but Haller can't get the contact he wants on it
  • Much better after a rocky start

Keeping the ball a bit better

Falling apart in the final 3rd for both teams
  • Is that 4 free kicks from out wide now? Done nothing with them.
  • Nicely cut out ball by Cresswell there
  • They should really replace that patch of treacle over where Yarma is running.