Sheffield United (A) 22/11 - Match Thread

1234568»

Comments

• edited November 2020
    You’re right Alderz. I just think that we don’t make much when we do break quickly on the right. Bowen was whipping crosses in from the left last season - there was one I remember that Soucek either scored or hit the bar from that I would love to see Haller receiving. Coufal looks a pretty poor crosser to me so far, unfortunately. Even the one Antonio scored from against City was actually not a great cross.

I thought Masuaku was brilliant yesterday though. I wonder what his take on stats are, I reckon they must be as high as a lot of wingers.
  • Outcast, agree with you about Arthur, I thought he was good from the first game I saw him play.
    However, and he has said this himself, he does need to up the defensive side of his game, there were a couple of instances yesterday where he lost possession in the Blunts half that could have been punished by a better finishing team.
  • I think Coufal has been excellent since he joined, good defensively and a threat going forward. He often only has one forward to cross to usually marked by two to three players so alot of his crosses will be cut out plus he is still getting used to his teamates and what runs they like to make. He generally puts the ball into good areas IMO
  • Outcast 👍🏻

Our attack is looking a bit lopsided at the moment. Cresswell, Masuaku and Fornals are combining and creating much better down the left than Bowen and Coufal are on the right.

However it was Coufal & Bowen who were involved in the build up to the goal & a poor effort from Fornals I guess..
  • I thought Masuaku was brilliant yesterday though. I wonder what his take on stats are, I reckon they must be as high as a lot of wingers.

"Drb" is "Dribbles Per Game" on WhoScored, and is defined as

"Dribble (Successful Dribble)
    - Taking on an opponent and successfully making it past them whilst retaining the ball"

So, he's got the 8th highest successful dribbles per game in the league, and everyone else in that list is a winger.

• Brilliant! (Though Semedo isn’t a winger)

He seems to lose it mostly from concentration lapses but it’s so useful having him take on players when we’re under pressure instead of having to just clear it.
  • Brilliant! (Though Semedo isn’t a winger)

He seems to lose it mostly from concentration lapses but it’s so useful having him take on players when we’re under pressure instead of having to just clear it.

I forgot who was on the list when I posted it, but yeah Semedo I guess is very comparable. He’s a wingback in the same sense as Masuaku. Both play in a back five, neither are great defensively, both are very good offensively
  • I think Haller playing a little more withdrawn like Kane has, with Antonio and Bowen flying either side of him, would be great. Plus Soucek running late onto his knockdowns.

Bowen and Coufal need to cross better though.

Masuaku's crossing wasn't much better. Usually didn't beat the first man.
  • Yeah Masuaku isn't much better. His crossing accuracy is slightly higher and I think he has created more dangerous situations over the season but I'm not condemning Coufal. I just think he needs to work on it and it looks worse when both he and Bowen are a bit short in that sense right now. Cresswell and Fornals means Masuaku's crossing doesn't become so important.
  • I said back in the summer Masuaku has all the ability to be a top 6 LWB/LB. I am so pleased he has come into his own. Moyes likes him & always has. It’s just that consistency now. I really enjoy watching him as much as any other player.
  • Rice was MOTM for me. Superb. Closely followed by Balbuena.
  • Haller is too grumpy and his body language is negative. It was a good goal and he should be celebrating rather than looking as though he is saying 'this is what I do'. I can accept that sort of thing when he starts putting in good performances on a regular basis.
    Antonio for me is the exact opposite..... Positive, loves a celebration (can't wait for when we have crowds back as I am sure he has he has another good one planned), and consistently puts in a good performance. I can't wait for him to be back.
  • I quite like Haller not seeming to celebrate ,Makes a nice change from rolling around or doing some stupid dance .
  • I hope Haller continues to keep scoring goals which he is good at and doesn’t celebrate.
  • I am not convinced Haller would get on the end of many crosses if they were coming in. He doesn't seem to with the set plays. His movement and anticipation don't inspire me, he hangs back and rarely gambles. However, I do like his improvised acrobatics which help when the cross is not the pinpoint accuracy he seems to expect.
  • Sunday’s goal was Haller’s first from outside the penalty box in 189 matches covering his time in 🇳🇱, 🇩🇪 & 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿. Think we know where he should be staying to get the best out of him.
  • Always look out for these the day after a match. Nothing yet for yesterday's game, but fully expect the sniper's rifle to make an appearance...
  • Always look out for these the day after a match. Nothing yet for yesterday's game, but fully expect the sniper's rifle to make an appearance...

Probably multiple appearances.