Sheffield United (A) 22/11 - Match Thread

Comments

• edited November 2020
    This is going to be one of those ‘missed opportunity’ games.

They pinch it 1-0 with a scrappy pinball goal, we’ll play ok & be a bit unlucky. We won’t play badly & the effort will be there, but we’ll see it as a genuine chance to push on & it will be missed.

IMO (please be wrong)
  • Lukerz....please add IMO so we at least think you might be wrong!
  • I think Bowen has been a bit off last few games ,Perhaps he misses Antonio
  • Fornals with a wonderful ba to get him away

Demba or Black Sheep?

• Bowen's made a few bad decisions over the past couple of games. He should've played Haller in when he had the chance. He should've shot when he played in Coufal. He had another one where he took an extra touch in the last game.

He's not been quite as good as before and agree Benrahma might be challenging his position more than Fornals.

Steve McManaman asked why Sheffield aren't as good as last season says it's because they're not scoring. Yes, because that was their strength last season.
  • Lacking any threat up front, Haller looks too static and we have no attacker on the bench, must introduce Benrhama with time to impact the match.
  • Our crossing is so disappointing. Rarely beat the first man.
  • Haller off, anyone on, even Randolph. Apart from one header he has been useless.
  • Haller off, anyone on, even Randolph. Apart from one header he has been useless.

More of this please
  • Cresswell getting forward an awful lot for a CB

Get in, Haller
  • Absolute banger
  • ggooooallllll Hallleeeerrr
  • Great goal

Hes been good today, deserves a bit of luck
  • Bowen drives forward, to Fornals, and then a rocket from the edge of the box when it falls to Haller
  • edited November 2020
    I love that Haller really celebrates when other players score but when he scores it's...

Meh
  • I've just taken some humble pie out of the oven. Anyone hungry? 😂
  • Moyes game management going to be questioned here

He does like changing things, but we've lost points from winning positions already
  • Had a 2 on 1 there, Fornals shoulda played a much quicker ball to Haller
  • Another terrible decision, this time from Fornals. Haller in acres and Fornals just doesn't move the ball quickly enough.

We should be out of sight.
  • You can see in Haller’s play that he is made to play with another striker. He always comes deep, he’s good on the ball, and he often waits on the edge of the box. If he had a strike partner running off him I think we’d see a lot more product
  • Why did he not put Haller through?
  • I just hope we can grab a second so we can have a comfortable afternoon for a change.
  • alderz said:

You can see in Haller’s play that he is made to play with another striker. He always comes deep, he’s good on the ball, and he often waits on the edge of the box. If he had a strike partner running off him I think we’d see a lot more product

The header to Soucek is the type of thing he's so good at. So few strikers would see that. He needs those runs around him.

I don't feel like he has much of a connection with Bowen though.
  • In order for us to score a second goal, Haller off, anyone on.
  • edited November 2020
    SU bring on their big money signing, youngster Rhian Brewster
  • More pressure, more half chances, I want us to put this one to bed please.
  • edited November 2020
    Haller looks so stereotypically French.

Strolls around the edge of the penalty area, looks like he should be wearing a beret and a striped shirt, a string of onions around his neck, smoking a Gauloises,

Scores then contemplates Sartre and existentialism while smelling deeply of garlic.

Its my day off and I have been drinking,,,
  • Was Fornals away over the international break? He doesn't seem quite at the races today.