Sheffield United (A) 22/11 - Match Thread

Comments

• Alderz, never trust the boffins =)
  • Sheff Utd CM Sander Berge might be unavailable after one of the Norwegian players tested positive for Covid on Saturday and they've all had to go into quarantine
  • edited November 2020
    Moyes's comments this afternoon suggest that both Antonio and Ogbonna could be available but not guaranteed.

Sheff Utd could have Fleck and Mousset available
  • Lawro has gone 2-0 blades
  • Good feel like we could win this one now
  • Bold prediction.

Away win.

Inflict pain, discomfort, and a feeling of superiority.
    Although this is only a minor Yorkshire victory until Leeds.
  • Well we are starting to show very similar characteristics to his Everton side of the 2000s. Grit, determination, work rate, resilience but still a vast amount of ability with a mixed game plan where we can pass the ball, cross the ball & be more direct.

This is the exact sort of game we would have lost in the past & part of me feels we may well get beat again. But this is a chance for this new look West Ham to show what we are about. It’s gonna be close, 1-0 to either side if there is a winner.

Otherwise 1-1/0-0.
  • These games for me are the type we should be winning looking at the two teams how many would you want from there’s to ours I’d suggest maybe none, so time to put on paper into a result, I believe we will get at least a draw
  • Cuz1 said:

These games for me are the type we should be winning looking at the two teams how many would you want from there’s to ours I’d suggest maybe none, so time to put on paper into a result, I believe we will get at least a draw

I think last season I wouldn’t have wanted any of their players (maybe Baldock before we got Coufal), but that’s a great indication of how a team can be greater than the sum of its parts. Sheffield United are dangerous because they are a good team.
  • We've lost the last three visits to Bramall Lane, the last time we won was September 2004 in the Championship, 2-1 with goals from Harewood and Sheringham.

On the plus side only Burnley have scored fewer goals so far this season
  • edited November 2020
    I think if can score first our defence is looking quite strong at present and they are not looking too creative in front of goal. I feel they will come out fast but if we can weather the first storm we could frustrate them and pick up another late on.

0-2 for me.
  • I’d agree alderz they are a team with good work ethic which seems to have deserted them this season, although if past seasons are anything to go by they might relish West Ham at home 😂😂
  • 0-1 82nd minute winner by Tevez, oooops sorry slip of the tongue, I mean Soucek
  • Looks like the team is going to be:

Fabianski
    Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Coufal - Soucek - Rice - Masuaku
    Bowen - Haller - Fornals

Randolph, Diop, Fredericks, Noble, Lanzini, Benrahma, Antonio

Only concern for me would be Balbuena, Coufal, Rice, Soucek & Haller all playing in the international break, plus Ogbonna having recovered from a knock. Can see us being a little rusty today.
  • edited November 2020
    Rather than rusty we might get a little fatigued towards the end and Moyes might have to bring his subs on before the 80th minute!

Sheffield Utd have their own international problems.

Last season's joint top scorer Oliver McBurnie played in all three Scotland matches, CB John Egan made an appearance against England for Ireland and they've not confirmed whether CM Sander Berge still has to self isolate or not.

Look on the bright side, we've got more players considered worthy of a place in their national team than the opposition.
  • It’s 4 days since these players played and if they’re too tired then they’re in the wrong job. Most players say they’d rather play than train so they should be fine about it.
    The only issue I see is that there’s little time available to work on tactics etc.
  • It’s 4 days since these players played and if they’re too tired then they’re in the wrong job. Most players say they’d rather play than train so they should be fine about it.
    The only issue I see is that there’s little time available to work on tactics etc.

It’s not about being ‘tired’ though, it’s about fatigue. When you say things like that you seem to be suggesting that ‘tired’ equates to ‘lazy’, when in reality fatigue is about an increased risk of injury. Also, when you knock 5% off a top athletes performance it is noticeable.
  • Alderz 👍

The reality is, two weeks rest vs playing & travelling around the world for your country, just isn't the same.

Soucek will be able to run all game, but he may not be at 100% & may also be susceptible to injury. Going to be a real battle today.
  • edited November 2020
    Antonio hasn't made it for this one.

No Yarmolenko either so we're very short up front again.
  • Fabianski, Balbuena, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Coufal, Rice, Soucek, Masuaku, Bowen, Haller, Fornals
  • Starting line up as per Lukerz
    bench = Randolph , Johnson , Diop , Noble , Snodgrass , Lanzini , Benrahma
  • A tee bit frustrated that Benrahma isn't there, thought his cameo was enough to get him a start here

But otherwise I'm not surprised, don't want to be going behind to them, they may not have been good this year but last year they showed once they are ahead they can be tough to break down

Gonna be a tight game this, you'd imagine that they will be looking this for 3 points...as they really do need to win this
  • They will also be nervous.
  • Sheffield United haven't won all season.

Wilder is stuck on 99 wins since July.

McBurnie has had the most shots without scoring this season.

This is set up perfectly for West Ham to do a West Ham.
  • come on you Irons
  • 0-2. Haller and Benrahma.
  • Come on Hammers ,Make my sunday a good one
  • They're clearly targeting our left hand side. Arthur and Fornals are going to have to be on it today.
  • edited November 2020
    NUTS!!!!!!

Arthur having a good game so far