Sheffield United (A) 22/11 - Match Thread

Comments

• I know we say it every game Antonio is missing, but we really miss him. Haller is just nowhere near as effective in this formation.
  • edited November 2020
    How is that not a foul on Bowen, yet the commentators says "not enough in it for me"? Bet there'd have been enough if it was on Salah.
  • I know we say it every game Antonio is missing, but we really miss him. Haller is just nowhere near as effective in this formation.

Unfortunately this is the system that seems to work with 10 of the players currently on the pitch, its just Haller it doesn't work with.
  • How is that not a foul on Bowen, yet the commentators says "not enough in it for me"? Bet there'd have been enough if it was on Salah.

Given 99 times out of 100.
  • Frustrating first half to this first half. We've played well in patches but aren't offering any threat up front.

A lot is going to hinge on when Benrahma gets on the pitch I reckon.
  • Haller is a literal traffic cone. Its like watching Carroll on the pitch but worse.
  • Tight game, just as I expected

Neither team committing too many and neither taking unnecessary risks

We've been the better team in general play, but no clear cut chances yet
  • edited November 2020
    Good spell of pressure results in a shot by Coufal that the keeper parries straight out but we can't get to the loose ball.
  • We're on top atm, need to make it count while we're having the better of it.
  • Soucek misses a sitter. Poor, poor finish
  • What a miss by Soucek!
  • Soucek misses a sitter. Poor, poor finish

Yeah, not a good one after a lovely header by Haller.
  • Great knock down from Haller and Soucek should score
  • Soucek has to bury that

Thats how we need to use Haller, was a wonderful lay off
  • Our crossing has been pretty poor. Can’t seem to get past the first man.
  • After a poor freekick by Cresswell, he gets a second chance and hits a cracking ball to Soucek which leads to a corner. Unfortunately we concede a free kick from that corner.
  • Soucek has to bury that

Thats how we need to use Haller, was a wonderful lay off

Play to his strengths and he looks a good player, crazy isn’t it!
  • Decent save by Fab from a McBurnie header.
  • Panic in our 6 yard box from the resulting corner, although the flag eventually goes up for offside (woulda been close imo)
  • We break after a bit of SU pressure, but Bowen's cross is poor and easily taken by the keeper.

Then we drive forward again and Bowen's shot is blocked for a corner
  • Bowen and Fornals have been very quiet. I’d like to see Benrahma replace Fornals for the second half to give us some more pace
  • Why is it almost every time Bowen takes a shot it hits the defender?
  • Decent corner from Bowen but Soucek heads over under pressure.
  • Just as I typed that Bowen has a shot blocked
  • Our decision-making in the final third has been poor. Bowen with a chance to play in Haller but takes the option to shoot, but it's blocked.

We've had our chances; hopefully we won't live to regret not taking them.
  • Steady 1st half...crossing in general has been poor, and Bowen/Soufal guilty of choosing wrong option when in their box IMO...in general a decent performance without any bells and whistles!.
  • Unpopular opinion, but think Bowen is more droppable than Fornals

Fornals with a wonderful ba to get him away, then his shot hits the first man...how often does that happen
  • Our decision-making in the final third has been poor. Bowen with a chance to play in Haller but takes the option to shoot, but it's blocked.

We've had our chances; hopefully we won't live to regret not taking them.

I think the defender had covered Haller’s run pretty well tbh. But I think it was Fornals getting to the edge of the box in loads of space who should have been played in
  • Unpopular opinion, but think Bowen is more droppable than Fornals

Fornals with a wonderful ba to get him away, then his shot hits the first man...how often does that happen

Bowen has at least got into decent positions, but yeah, his final product today has been poor so far.