Sheffield United (A) 22/11 - Match Thread

Comments

• Should have been more comfortable than that, but another good win. We played some really good stuff, but some really average stuff, too.

Best thing is, this is the kind of game we'd have lost in recent seasons.
  • happy happy joy joy and hopefully the blunts will go down
  • Deserved 3 points, glad to be wrong
  • Very happy

Knew it would be tight

But 6 points out of 6 against teams that we don't usually turn up against

Up to 8th, 14 points from 9 games

Very happy
  • More nervy than it should have been, but we were the better side and strong at both ends of the pitch.

Really professional, really organised and relatively comfortable.

Usually all the things West Ham stand against.
  • alderz said:

Alan Smith saying that Bowen had a great match?

He must have seen something we didn’t......again!
  • Reading Oliver Holt in the Mail today and he’s usually anti West Ham but he reckons you can talk all you like about Foden, Grealish, Mount etc but the key man in the England set up is Rice.
  • Ok, it’s confirmed

This is a new look West Ham
  • Rice was immense again today and unlucky to hit the bar with a great header. i would have given him MOM ahead of Oggy
  • Not a bad game overall for a 1-0, crossbar helped a lot and a inability to put away some chances could have cost us but we got over the line with the 3 points.
  • There seems to be a nice little gap building up between the bottom 4 and the rest of the league. Yes, Burnley have two games in hand but still there seems to be a trend.
  • Rice was immense again today and unlucky to hit the bar with a great header. i would have given him MOM ahead of Oggy

I agree brother but IMO he should have scored with the header but take nothing away he’s playing really well at the moment
  • Does Haller ever smile?
  • Lukerz said:

We are not going to knock in 3 or 4 goals, that never happens at their place, this will be a maximum 3 goal game, so just whether we have the ability to edge it 0-1 or 1-2.

I doff my cap to you Sir
  • Good win and another clean sheet to boot. I don't think Bowen had a great game but he constantly gave our defence an out ball and then drove upfield, same as Fornals. Ogbonna once again showed his class and Rice was everywhere. Haller showed what he can do and looked frustrated on a number of occasions when he found the space but the ball never came to him. Overall a decent performance and ongoing signs of our improvement.
    Bring on the Villa.

COYI
  • Pengeman said:

Does Haller ever smile?

He's French....../ Ivorian.......

• Great result.
    Well done to Moyes who has made us hard to beat.
  • There seems to be a nice little gap building up between the bottom 4 and the rest of the league. Yes, Burnley have two games in hand but still there seems to be a trend.

I'm looking at the 3-4 point gap to the Champions League places, or is that just me? 😎
  • I’m scratching my head and wondering why any interviewer would ask Moyes about the merits of 5 subs v 3? I mean even 3 is far too many for him!
  • It has been a few years since I have looked upwards in the table rather than the bottom.
    Happy days for a while at least.
  • I have to be honest, over the last 2-3 years how much I've cared about West Ham waned slightly. Probably a lot of factors in that - more important things happening in my life, the difficulties with the new stadium, the generally spineless sides we were putting out game after game.

But I'm finding this season that I'm so much more invested in the side, and that really dawned on me during this game where I was so nervous at the prospect of us conceding a late goal (how it always used to be for me).

To me, it's because we have a side who are giving everything and working hard. That has always been the most important thing for me as a West Ham fan.

So Moyes and the players get huge credit from me for making us altogether less flaky and just so much more like a team. And it's making me care again.
  • In tight games I can understand why you may not want to change anything, and that was the case today. We were one up and pretty solid. Fornals and Bowen had run themselves into the ground so one of them at least needed replacing. That's why, imo, he went for experience with Lanzini over the exuberance of Benrahma.
  • Having seen the Haller interview after the game I think he is just so laid back and that’s why he seems as if he doesn’t care at times.
  • I thought Bowen had a good game. Seems like most didn't.
  • Bowen and formals even when not playing well offer the team something with their work rate and movement stretching and harrying the opposition
  • Love how cool Haller is when he scores
  • I thought Bowen's final product was off today, but he never stops running and never stops making himself available. So he's alright with me.
  • Pointless post of the thread...Not one yellow card in the game I think.
  • I think Bowen struggles more without Antonio. Fornals for me did ok again but his decision making is awful at times.
  • Brilliant win though