Leicester v West Ham , Sunday 4th October , 12.00

Comments

• I think Maguire is probably a cert.
  • IronHerb said:

I think Maguire is probably a cert.

His love child 👶
  • The whole Spurs team unfortunately
  • Not for a long time have I seen a player slip into a team and look so assured, especially not being English, whoever scouted this guy as certainly earned his money, I really don’t think that performance was a one off, so welcome young man
  • I personally hate Leicester. I really feel that they are a one trick pony and today showed that.
    Oggy shuts down Vardy and they pretty much don't know what to do. Their entire tactics as a team is "long ball it over/through the defense and hope one of the pacey attackers can get to it.

For me, Brendon is up there with BFS on tactics. It just so happens that instead of a big guy to take the ball down they have a fast guy who just sits on the defensive line hoping to latch on to a long ball.

So glad we smashed them.
  • Stats say Vardy had the least touches of any player and that included the keepers.
  • Leicester are less effective without Maddison.
  • Tell you what, considering we are desperate for defenders and our defence is of great concern, there are hardly any sides in the whole league who are defending better than us right now.
  • edited October 2020
    Due go crazy results today, if you look on the BBC sports site, our result is mentioned lower down than an American football game, horse racing and a women's match and on Sky we're even lower than reports on Italian football
  • Klopp says Alison out for 4-6 weeks so it looks like Adrian will be keeping when we play them unless they sign a new one tomorrow.
  • Ogbonna makes Garth Crooks team of the week !
  • I think the 3 goals were the best i have seen in one match by us,Cressies cross was pure class,Fornals first touch was crazy good ,Rice then took out 3 Leicester players with one touch .Fornals kept his head to find Bowen whos finish was top draw .
  • The last was my favourite. Everything about it was perfect.
  • And we could all breath again......
  • steve said:

I think the 3 goals were the best i have seen in one match by us,Cressies cross was pure class,Fornals first touch was crazy good ,Rice then took out 3 Leicester players with one touch .Fornals kept his head to find Bowen whos finish was top draw .

Don't forget Cresswell's cushioned header to Rice to start the 3rd goal.

• Looks a different player with five at the back imo
  • I just noticed we've got the 2nd lowest Goals Against tally (4), Villa are lowest (2) but they've only played 3 games.
  • Cuz1 said:

Looks a different player with five at the back imo

Which of our players doesn’t!
  • I remember last time Cresswell played LCB in a back five. Think he is ended up the top assisting defender in the league that season.
  • That was under Moyes, wasn't it? Seemed to work, then we reverted to a four again.

Hopefully Moyes will stick with it. It works for the team and brings the best out of both Cresswell and Masuaku
  • edited October 2020
    OCS, cue 442 vs Spuds :3
  • Moyes always wanted to revert to it. Remember after we beat Bournemouth 4-0 he went straight to a back 5 at Sheffield United in his second league game? He also went to a back five for his second competitive game in the FA Cup straight after Bournemouth.

It just didn’t quite click & he went back to the four as the safe bet.
  • edited October 2020

I know the price of tailoring has gone up, but you'd think that with all the money they earn, they ought to be able to afford the strides to a 3-piece suit. ;)
  • 442 did not work against Everton.
  • Lukerz said:

Moyes always wanted to revert to it. Remember after we beat Bournemouth 4-0 he went straight to a back 5 at Sheffield United in his second league game? He also went to a back five for his second competitive game in the FA Cup straight after Bournemouth.

It just didn’t quite click & he went back to the four as the safe bet.

I think it felt far deeper and more like a rigid back 5 those times, where it's more like a back 3. Zabaleta played then and it just wasn't as dynamic as it can be with any of Coufal, Fredericks or Johnson.
  • Saying nothing new, but so good to be able to say it.... top class performance. Best tackling and harrying I've seen from them. Best first game from a RB. Best game yet from Fornals. Best defensive work against Vardy by any CB in several seasons. Best 50 yard run and shot by a MF this season. Best set of three goals ever... finally, best VAR (because first VAR) decision in our favour! =) =)

• The more I look at this, the more this comes to mind. =) =)

• Just watching the game again, there was a moment at about 15:05 when Vardy turned Ogbonna inside out on the by-line in the box and who was suddenly there to clear up, none other than our new super RB, Vlad the Impaler.
    If he maintains this level of performance - wow, what a bargain.
    I reckon these 3 signings of Moyes (Bowen, Soucek and Coufal) will prove to be among the best we've ever signed.

COYI