Leicester v West Ham , Sunday 4th October , 12.00

Comments

• edited October 2020
    Great win, even better performance. We deserved the clean sheet too. Really good debut from Coufal and once again Oggy was outstanding, in a team full of top performances. Bring on the Spuds.

COYI
  • Just staggering that we restricted Leicester to just four shots and none on target. No other side in the Prem is going to achieve that against them this season. No-one at all.
  • ok did not comment during the match as I did this for the Wolves match and it works. Happy happy joy joy, a team with the correct formation and confidence high is a thing. This can only help when trying to get players in on the last transfer day.

Excellent tactical decision =)

• If Carlsberg started match threads -

you're welcome =)

Really enjoyed that , well organised , hardworking team performance. COYI
  • This was the Leicester that put 5 past Man City!
  • Well that was alright I thought
  • I’m surprised no-one has mentioned that we now sit above Palace in the table...
  • Utterly unbelievable. What a performance. Oggybin particular was superb. Antonio and Bowen are miles better than a lot of those players picked for England.
  • I’m surprised no-one has mentioned that we now sit above Palace in the table...

And City, United, ManU and Spurs, too. <3

And then theres that 😁
  • Great performance/result/debut performance etc etc...
    Must just add, Had Ian wright on TV pundit out here, saying what a great man & coach Alan Irvine is....

Great way to go into international break & if the owners can pull the rabbit out the hat and get 1 or 2 more players in that will improve the squad...Nice.
  • Fornals is starting to look a serious player on the ball, too. Confidence is really growing and he can pick a pass brilliantly, to go with his huge work rate.

And the control for his goal was filthy.
  • I’m sensing a throwback to 85/86

Liverpool and Everton tussling for the title with West Ham in very close attendance.
  • Superb performance, a deserved win and excellent debut by Coufal. More of the same next time please.
  • Watching Coufal i get the feeling he is going to be a Paul Konchesey type. I can see him picking up a number of cards over the season but also see him bombing up and down and getting involved a lot amongst the goals.

Definitely would not want to be an opposition player matched up against him on that side because you know he is going to leave a heavy one on you early doors.
  • Watching Coufal i get the feeling he is going to be a Paul Konchesey type. I can see him picking up a number of cards over the season but also see him bombing up and down and getting involved a lot amongst the goals.

Definitely would not want to be an opposition player matched up against him on that side because you know he is going to leave a heavy one on you early doors.

Vardy went straight through him in the first half and it wasn't even called a foul.
  • MIAHammer said:

Watching Coufal i get the feeling he is going to be a Paul Konchesey type. I can see him picking up a number of cards over the season but also see him bombing up and down and getting involved a lot amongst the goals.

Vardy went straight through him in the first half and it wasn't even called a foul.
    And he just got up, rubbed his leg and carried on....
  • MIAHammer said:

Watching Coufal i get the feeling he is going to be a Paul Konchesey type. I can see him picking up a number of cards over the season but also see him bombing up and down and getting involved a lot amongst the goals.

To be fair, he did get the ball, but if that's Coufal on Vardy it's 100% given and probably a yellow card.
  • Hate Vardy..............Happy hammer great game lads
  • MIAHammer said:

and like Koncheskey he would just get up get on with it and put one in on him for good measure.
  • IronHerb said:
    Brilliant. I think Oggy is my favorite player by a mile the days. Could make a series of training videos from his displays

Finally we have closed (somewhat) those huge gaps all over the pitch. Loved having a proper right back and Antonio is just sublime as always. I think it was a couple of seasons ago I said we cant buy anyone for 50m that would be better than him - that has gone up-to 150m
  • Excellent performance from the lads and a perfect set-up. This looks to be the set up when playing a team that you know is going to come at you. Be interesting to see what Moyes does when we play the so called "smaller" clubs.
  • edited October 2020
    This from Radio Times TV guide:

Mark Chapman reviews the day's Premier League action, including Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford and Arsenal v Sheffield United at the Emirates Stadium. Champions Liverpool were also in action as they visited Aston Villa, while newly promoted Fulham were also on their travels, away to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Could have sworn we played today and beat the team 2nd in the table.

Also, I wonder if Lineker will duck out of MOTD tonight claiming illness, well, he'll definitely be sick. =)

• Bubbles looks like we were all hallucinating after all
  • edited October 2020
    Great performance and I don't accept that Leicester were poor, they worked really hard, had quick movement and we blunted it by trying to be first in every tackle and relentlessly making sure we kept our shape in defence, this defence looked really well drilled.

Coufal was great and looked committed. To walk into a new dressing room in midweek, to play the league leaders away on Sunday with that much composure shows that whatever else he may have he is not short on self belief and commitment. He looked like he had been playing in that defence for a while.

Baubena didn't stand out but he really has returned from a spell out which must have knocked his confidence and he has let no one down, whilst Ogbonna just looks like he has everything under control.

Antonio always dangerous and finishes each match exhausted, which even recognising he is a sprinter build and so stamina probably not his natural strength does show he gives all he has every minute on the pitch.

Bowen looks better with each passing match now and although we quite rightly criticise some of the money spent in the past on players that haven't performed we look to have done great business with Bowen and Soucek.

Last but not least Cresswell doing everything today that he hasn't been of late, which does show he does still have it him, this wasn't some lower league cup team, this was an attacking team that put five past City last week.

So many positives and a great way to go into a break.

• Best performance since Bilic days. Not one weak link in a well-oiled but creative team performance.
    Can we hold on to Coufal until the transfer window closes ?
  • Pleased for formals getting his goal his work rate is excellent he makes good runs and sets up goals he does n,t always get it right but he never stops trying his link up with Bowen has been good that through ball was perfectly weighted
  • edited October 2020
    Great description of Antonio in Guardian match comments:
    “ And Antonio, channeling the spirit of the great Jonah Lomu.”
  • edited October 2020
    Wonder if Mr Crooks will find any places in his team of the week for our fab players.....not that I give an iota what he thinks!🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇