Leicester v West Ham , Sunday 4th October , 12.00

Comments

• Fab - Balbuena Ogbonna Cresswell - Johnson Rice Soucek Masuaku - Bowen Haller Antonio

That’s what I would very much want to see. But I suspect Haller will not play and Fornals will.

Realistically we should be playing deep, and trying to hit them on the counter. Antonio is one of the best in the league for that, so we need to utilise his directness.
  • Well seeing as we Blew our cup hopes against Everton ,With no subs used i expect nothing less then a win here
  • Think Moyes will set up the same as Wolves

I'd personally put Haller in, but I still think Moyes will try keep the same XI

He won't want to shift Antonio to the wings, and I don't think we will go 2 up top because that unbalances the squad unless we drop Bowen
  • I think Antonio's done a lot of his best work from the wings anyway and with Masuaku providing width, Antonio would have the freedom to do something between being a wide player and a partner to Haller. It sometimes looks like Masuaku as a winger and Cresswell as left-back on that side anyway, in a way that you don't ever see Balbuena (or Diop) providing crosses or overlaps on the right.

But there's plenty of reason to stick with what's worked and I think that's the most likely thing to happen. I just hope Haller can come on a little earlier.
  • I expect a much better performance
    this weekend than last nights
  • Antonio has finally made a position 100% his. He doesn't need to over exert himself as much as before, lets just leave him be! Our best player by a country mile.
  • Antonio seems to over exert himself every time i see him play =)
  • Have to agree re Antonio, he has made that spot his....if our manager decides to play that formation, Haller can do......not much. Antonio has proved himself, whereas Haller, hasn't.

If Moyes want's to mix the formation, then cool, I'd like both to start....but can't see it happening at the moment.
  • Fabianski
    Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Johnson - Rice - Soucek - Masuaku
    Bowen - Antonio - Fornals

Has to be the side.
  • To be fair that's not a bad starting 11. But back up certainly required
  • Lawro has it down as 2-0.
  • Nah, I can't see us keeping a clean sheet!
  • Looking forward to seeing what Coufal can do when he comes on in the 85th minute
  • We don't do subs apparently.
  • Do you mean what injury he gets 😂😂
  • Fofana our alleged target might be available for Leicester Sunday I hope Antonio runs him ragged for 90 mins as a welcome to the premier league
  • I agree that Lukerz team will be what we see. Counter attacking will be the order of the day.
    2-2.
  • Put the new man in at the deep end would be my preferred option
  • Discipline required to sit deep as Leicester will do the same and try to entice us into their congested half so they can hoof it up for Vardy to chase. Citeh were sucked in by it. I'm predicting 35% possession for both teams =)
  • VAR to mop up the remaining 30% =)
  • Yes but they got god on there side
  • I think we’ll win it in the third half. =)
  • Balbuena can barely keep up with Noble, let alone Vardy. I think Johnson needs to do the RCB (or Diop if available). Debut for the new guy
  • Ogbonna will take care of Vardy.
  • Leicester are really flying right now. Time for a heroic Hammers performance. Btw, what happened to the obstruction law? Vardy obstructs the defender almost every time he 'wins' a penalty. >:)
  • Kuching, that sounds like a prediction. Vardy gets in front of Balbuena and goes over and wins a penalty.
  • edited October 2020
    Hmmmm Coufal only signed Friday, he will only have had one day's training with the team, maybe two at most, so he'll still be unfamiliar with the other players, who does what, our style of play and our tactics (Slavia Prague play with a back four).

Can't expect him to slot into the team overnight so if he starts he might make a few errors because Michail, Jerod and Declan don't play exactly the same as Petar, Jan and Ondrej.
  • Coufal is making his debut, according to Ex.
  • edited October 2020
    I reckon it will be the same starting XI as against Wolves except for Coufal in for Fredericks.