Leicester v West Ham , Sunday 4th October , 12.00

Comments

• We need to really concentrate for the last 5 minutes and get into halftime with a clean sheet.
  • Pearce looked in shock
  • The goals flying in is nice

But how good is it to see that we look to actually have a strong spine

Not since Big Sam have we ever looked sturdy, but Moyes has us set up brilliantly

Won't be conceding 60+ goals this season at this rate
  • Dodger58 said:

I wonder what Fofana is thinking

On a serious note, I read that he has had a bereavement in his family and has asked to go back to France on loan. Gotta feel for him, I know he’s a pro footballer, but to move country at 19 and be away from family and then have that happen has got to be insanely hard to deal with.
  • What a half! 110% from all the lads.
  • Didn’t know that about Fofana though time for him
  • I'm one of his biggest critics but wow what a touch from Fornals.
  • Excellent first half performance, now to keep it going
  • Very good half, that. Leicester still very dangerous so we need to stay on top of it.

We do look so much more solid playing 3-5-2, which makes Tuesday's decision to revert to a back four even more strange.
  • Outstanding again. Great shape, great structure. Everybody knows their jobs. And we look dangerous every time we get forward.
  • OCS, Moyesie playing mind games with St. Brendan. =)
  • Very good half, that. Leicester still very dangerous so we need to stay on top of it.

We do look so much more solid playing 3-5-2, which makes Tuesday's decision to revert to a back four even more strange.

The Everton game was literally just whatever formation could fit those players they wanted to give some minutes too. I don’t think the Carabao Cup is ever seen as more than an opportunity to rotate
  • This is awkward. Cressie with a strong case for MOTM. 😬

If we win this game, I’m willing to forgive that decision.
  • Little and Large at half time
  • There’s one big difference between Wolves last week and Leicester today. IMO Wolves played poorly and we took advantage. Today Leicester have played well but we were excellent. This game is far from done. Leicester are a class side and will punish us if we have lapses in concentration as our players tire.
  • Fantastic so far. Time for random emoji🤸‍♂️
  • IronHerb said:

This is awkward. Cressie with a strong case for MOTM. 😬

I've been one of Cresswells biggest critics, perhaps been too harsh, but he's been like a player reborn at LCB

• He’s not bad at all in a back three, but he isn’t a left back, and he certainly isn’t a wing back. We just need another player at the back, IMO.
  • Good start by Leicester to the second half, Barnes just skinned Balbuena but Coufal blocked the cross out for a corner. A goal for Leicester will worry the life out of us.
  • I fancy us getting another
  • Decent chance for us, ball clipped in by Coufal but Antonio heads straight at Schmeichel this time.
  • Balbuena forgot we’d changed ends
  • Balbuena's header from a Cresswell freekick goes out for a throw 😂🤣😂
  • With them coming onto us this half we should be dangerous on the counter
  • A chance following a freekick into the box by Cresswell, Ogbonna won the first header, it eventually fell to Fornals but hit chest control wasn't great and the ball got away from him before he could shoot, maybe shoulda just volleyed it.
  • Great chance for Fornals, Antonio chases a clearance, pulls it back to Fornals but his shot is blocked by Evans.
  • Commentator just said “Leicester city are being Leicester City’d”, referring to our game plan, and I think that’s a pretty big compliment.
  • Loving this

We look dangerous on the counter and still defensively solid
  • With the way we’re playing, you’d think at least one or two will not last the usual 85 minutes. Fornals, Antonio, Coufal, Soucek and Bowen have run themselves into the ground