West Ham v Arsenal 19 September 2000 kick off 20:00

Comments

• this is what happens when you do not play a recognized striker, we played well but lost again
  • That was harsh, but shows we are a more than decent team. Onwards and upwards.
  • Good performance and unlucky to loose. Play like that for the rest of the season and we will be fine.
  • this is what happens when you do not play a recognized striker, we played well but lost again

Our striker scored today

Pace up front was key to us creating chances, which Haller lacks
  • I hear we played ok. Chose to play board games with my son instead.
  • I don't care what Moyes says we should have come away with something
  • Good effort west ham
  • Well done Moyes
  • Is it just me or was this the 4/5th time we've hit the woodwork in 2 games?
  • If we play like thar every week..........? We only seem to play like that against the big teams when we lose valiantly.
  • Ball in net counts
  • Haller would have done better with the crosses we were putting in. Finally play that way & he isn’t in the starting line up. Poor tactically Mr Moyes.
  • edited September 2020

this is what happens when you do not play a recognized striker, we played well but lost again

Our striker scored today

Pace up front was key to us creating chances, which Haller lacks
    We had multiple chances, many from crosses and scored once, I am done with glass half full when we lose games we should have got points from ,we are not good enough not to take them, I thought Arsenal were poor.
  • WHU had enough chances to win, hit the bar and denied a clear penalty. Yarmolenko showed no awareness for the second Arsenal goal. Well, another 8 p.m. game loss despite good team performance. Hopefully, we can finally get our season going against Wolves next week. Will a 7 p.m. start break the jinx?
  • Have you ever been glass half full?
  • IronHerb said:

Have you ever been glass half full?

Read my mind
  • IronHerb said:

Have you ever been glass half full?

Most of last season and the season before
  • It’s easy to say that was harsh but when you create four times as many chances as your opponents but can’t take them then you’re likely to lose. Despite playing really well it was our own inadequacies which caused that. Their second goal was so so soft.
    We always look like conceding so one goal, even if we score it, will never likely be enough.
  • i want us to score, don't expect anything other than a thrashing

So when we play reasonably well, score the goal you wanted to see and don't get anywhere near being thrashed you still want to criticise. No pleasing some.
  • Awful result

Needed something from that with the upcoming games
  • We were really good and probably deserved all three points, let alone one.

You can’t always control the ball hitting the bar instead of going in, shots being blocked, penalties not being given.

You can control how hard you work, how you attack and defend, how you are organised and disciplined. We did all of those things really well.
  • Most people on here said, West Ham would be smashed “
    Well done west ham
  • I'm a glass half full kinda guy

3-4-3 plays to ours strengths....or more gets away from our weaknesses at fullback

Masuaku I thought was brilliant, did we actually what you want from a LWB

The lads looked fit and strong throughout, matching Arsenal and showing the type of effort that we did so well last year

Need to be more clinical, but pace was one of the main reasons we created those chances. I want to see Moyes give Haller a chance, but think its too easy to say if Haller played we would've won as it would've completely changed the way we play

Keep up that level, and add a couple defenders and we'll be alright
  • I love our fanbase.

They make this big thing about how all they want to see is players working hard for the shirt. Then the players work hard for the shirt away at an in-form team who are much better than us, outplay them and are really unfortunate to lose, and the team get slaughtered anyway.
  • And then complain about the toxic attitude around the club....
  • IronHerb said:

i want us to score, don't expect anything other than a thrashing

So when we play reasonably well, score the goal you wanted to see and don't get anywhere near being thrashed you still want to criticise. No pleasing some.
    I am not pleased when we lose having been in a position to win, my first game was in 1969 and am fed up with plucky losing for this many years, we have been promised better and am more annoyed with the whole club structure, we left our home with the promise of more and this season is annoying me more than it should.
  • edited September 2020

I love our fanbase.

They make this big thing about how all they want to see is players working hard for the shirt. Then the players work hard for the shirt away at an in-form team who are much better than us, outplay them and are really unfortunate to lose, and the team get slaughtered anyway.

• We did alright but you can’t dominate games & take nothing from it, because what happens is every now & then we throw in a Newcastle performance. If you are losing when playing bad & still losing when playing well, you are in big trouble.

I want to give the players a pat on the back but we need to make it count when we dominate, not end up beaten & say ‘hard luck boys’.
  • imagelost said:

I love our fanbase.

We done well
  • And, would you believe it, Lawro actually got the result right. >:)