Pre Season

Comments

• Lack of athleticism hasn't helped

We are playing 442, but the midfield 4 are just getting pulled around

The back 4 has got zero protection

I think we are pressing too high up the pitch tbf

After the restart we actually played pretty deep and then pressed when the opposition got passed the half way line, now we are pressing them playing out the back....but it's not quite working as they can just play around us or play it into there midfielders who are then in acres of defence and have a free run at the back 4

Good intention to try and be a bit more dominant, but not working atm
  • Behind again. Our defending is atrocious.
  • Comical goal

We were on the fornt foot, but not exactly overloading the box....but Bournemouth ended up having 3 attackers against our 2 centre backs

Full backs both high up the pitch, then Ogbonna and Diop were all over the shop
  • We had fragile confidence to finish the last season and it did not take much for this season to start the same.
  • 4-2 down now. I know it’s only pre season but this is abysmal. We don’t really seem to be bothered.
  • 4-2 down now. I know it’s only pre season but this is abysmal. We don’t really seem to be bothered.

Well you answered your own thoughts there
  • Defence needs sorting, it really is that simple
  • edited September 2020
    Lukerz said:

Defence needs sorting, it really is that simple

What as long as Rice & Soucek stay fit u mean?
  • Martin
    Fredericks Diop Balbeuna Cresswell
    Fornals Wilshere Cullen Masuaku
    Haller Anderson

Some changes
  • There is no way we are replacing our whole defence in a week
  • Unlikely then that Diangana would have prevented the goals.
    Proves beyond doubt the need for strengthening the defence.
    Also let's not forget who's missing from our lineup. It does however demonstrate to the owners the investment needed in defenders.
  • It goes to show what I said a week or so back, We are 2 injuries away from another relegation battle
  • 5-2 now. Embarrassing.
  • It's a systematic issue though

Gap between the lines is too big, and not just between midfield and defence, but also between attack and midfield

It's so easy to play through us

We are pressing too high up without the players to play that way
  • Don't worry lads, pre-season is all about fitness. We won't concede 4 to Newcastle.

It'll probably be 5.

• Don't worry lads, pre-season is all about fitness. We won't concede 4 to Newcastle.

It'll probably be 5.

Or 6.
  • It’s as if Bournemouth are taking it seriously but we are treating it as a training exercise. If that’s not the case then we are in serious trouble for next season.
  • Everyone has been poor today

But Anderson has royally annoyed me today

He has made two 'challenges' (if you can even call them that) where he has pulled out and raised his eyes to the sky and just walked away without looking at the ball

• We going down
  • edited September 2020
    What is Bournemouth's lineup, is it the same as the one that was relegated?

Champo said
    It's a systematic issue
    Well that's down to Moyes.
  • Anderson with a header. 5-3
  • Everyone has been poor today

He has made two 'challenges' (if you can even call them that) where he has pulled out and raised his eyes to the sky and just walked away without looking at the ball

It’s the board down to the players The lot is useless
  • Anderson - header ??!!!!
  • imagelost said:

Everyone has been poor today

It’s the board down to the players The lot is useless
    Hard not to agree
  • I still don't think we will go down this year

Can't be understated just how important Rice and Soucek are for this team, they are the only ones who have the ability and intelligence to shield the back 4 and are so fundamental to our system

Also Martin is really not a good keeper, he will struggle to get any minutes this season

Defence has obliviously been highlighted here as our big issue, which everyone already knew....but I missed Diangana today, Fornals I like but he just isn't a left winger, every chance he got for a 1 vs 1 he waited too long or played it backward, putting pressure back on us
  • Bournemouth players all hot and sweaty but ours not showing a bead of sweat anywhere.
  • Sad state of affairs when we can’t even win our own cup.
  • And Bournemouth sold a load of good players as well