Pre Season

14567810»

Comments

• alderz said:

He hasn’t played in a couple of months, he just needs the minutes IMO

good he needs to be fit for all that champions league footie we were promised
  • The attitude - which you can see where we defended - was half hearted today, for whatever reason. You can say ‘it’s a friendly’. I would expect that bit sharper focus with the league due to start in a week but there you go. Spurs lost to Watford today, Newcastle lost to Stoke, Villa beat Arsenal & Leicester drew with Blackburn. It really doesn’t matter.

We weren’t bothered & that is why we let in 5 goals.
  • Just watched the highlights and as everyone has said - truly shocking.
    Two things stood out for me about Haller was when he blasted over in the 2nd half, his technique is nowhere near good enough for a £45m striker.
    Then a little later he was dispossessed just outside B'mouth's penalty area and made no effort to retrieve the ball and Bournemouth broke away and scored their 3rd. I know that's a little harsh on him because there were plenty of chances for the defence to actually do their job.
  • Apart from Ogbonna, cullen and Bowen no one came away with any credit. very disappointed in Noble as well he should have been getting at the players but seemed very quiet to me. Something not right at the club ( i am getting closer to believing the GSB out campaign is right) but we have to show Moyes and the players that they have our support.
  • I am not too fussed by players not busting a gut. That is normal. It’s a friendly. Plus there is the added risk of making sure nobody picks up an injury with a needless overstretch or crunching tackle when not necessary.

It was very sloppy, more so than you would like before a new season starts, but when was the last time we lost a game 5-3? Doesn’t happen much & only did as it was a kick about.
  • The existing defenders are more than capable of doing considerably better than they are

Evidence of this is the recent away draw v Man Utd when they were in red hot form. The lack of consistency comes down to the manager and his coaches as much as the players. Don’t think much of the appointment of Pearce either - great player but really nothing much at all as a coach.
  • So Stuart Pearce had no involvement in our game yesterday as he decided to co-commentate on the England game for talkSPORT... 🤔
  • Moyes took charge of 19 league games since he took over in December, in these games we conceeded:
    4 goals once (Leicester away)
    3 goals twice (Liverpool away + Brighton away)
    2 goals six times (Liverpool H, Man City A, Wolves H, Spurs A, Chelsea H, Newcastle A)

So in his 19 games, we conceded 2 or more goals in 9 of those....and of those 9, 5 of those were before lockdown including the games we let in 3 or 4

Defence is a huge issue for us there is no question, but we have definately shown more resilience to suggest that we arent going to be conceding 5 goals that we did yesterday. It was preseason and the guys weren't up for it
  • Lukerz said:

So Stuart Pearce had no involvement in our game yesterday as he decided to co-commentate on the England game for talkSPORT... 🤔

I remember Slav don’t bother to turn up in Europe cup
  • Lukerz said:

So Stuart Pearce had no involvement in our game yesterday as he decided to co-commentate on the England game for talkSPORT... 🤔

Nor did our defence, so he wasn't needed. :lol: