The Next Transfer Window

Comments

• Our number one target is also wanted by the team that just thrashed Man City, wonder who he will choose?
  • Fredericks injured again. Makes RB a more urgent requirement before 5th October.

Unless Antonio is played at RWB, which wouldn't surprise me.
  • We have Ashby as 3rd choice

There are more pressing concerns i nour squad

Good point, but Ashby has one start in the League Cup under his belt.
  • edited September 2020

No, it's transfer related. We probably need a new RB/RWB given this latest injury to Fredericks.

No, I typed "Get in", intended for the match thread.
  • No, it's transfer related. We probably need a new RB/RWB given this latest injury to Fredericks.

No, I typed "Get in", intended for the match thread.
    Oh, sorry, missed that.
  • Johnson and Ashby definitely look like good cover. It’s the left that worries me. We don’t have enough centre backs and with Cresswel covering it means we have no backup left backs.

We need a centre back, a striker, and another option at left back and probably centre mid too.

If we could get Stones and maybe Brewster on loan, and sign a left back for backup, then one of two things will have happened: 1. We would have had an incredible week, 2. I would have been asleep the whole week

Yea but he's only 3rd choice, you don't panic buy a new RB when you have 2 senior players there, plus a very highly rated youth prospect
    To be fair, I don't think it would be a panic buy. We've needed a new RB for a few years, IMO. Fredericks has done well so far this season, but is regularly injured and hasn't exactly convinced during his time with us.

Yea but he's only 3rd choice, you don't panic buy a new RB when you have 2 senior players there, plus a very highly rated youth prospect
    To be fair, I don't think it would be a panic buy. We've needed a new RB for a few years, IMO. Fredericks has done well so far this season, but is regularly injured and hasn't exactly convinced during his time with us.
    I agree, but not this season, and not because Fredericks is now injured

As Alderz said if we need a new players it's down the left (Cresswell is too slow to play LWB) and in the middle

Next season we can get in a new RB and let Fredericks go, but right now no one is buying
  • but right now no one is buying

Least of all us.
  • Johnson looks way more of a centre back than a right back (even less so a right wing back). Need someone a lot more comfortable in possession to cover Fredericks (underrated in my opinion).
  • Irving said Rice is staying
  • That’s him gone by lunchtime tomorrow then
  • I didn't see interviews but read Rice spoke of playing for the badge and if Irving has said this it would appear the conversation has been had and both club and Rice understand that no sale is happening in this window. I don't think Rice would have spoken like that if he knew he was off in the week.

I really like Rice and not just for his ability, he is going to make a brilliant Captain and will become an England regular for years.
  • Johnson looks way more of a centre back than a right back (even less so a right wing back). Need someone a lot more comfortable in possession to cover Fredericks (underrated in my opinion).

I think he looks like a really natural attacking right back, so I’m quite surprised by this view. He gets forward really well, and he’s a better crosser of the ball than Fredericks too.
  • I didn't see interviews but read Rice spoke of playing for the badge and if Irving has said this it would appear the conversation has been had and both club and Rice understand that no sale is happening in this window. I don't think Rice would have spoken like that if he knew he was off in the week.

I really like Rice and not just for his ability, he is going to make a brilliant Captain and will become an England regular for years.

Yes I think so. Irving has been quite careful about what he says, not to cause problems for Moyes, but he was very clear about what he said there.
  • Who is Irving? Or do you mean Irvine?
  • Johnson looks comfortable up to about the half way line! Would like to see him in Balbuenas position tonight. Not sure how he is at heading though
  • Johnson looks comfortable up to about the half way line! Would like to see him in Balbuenas position tonight. Not sure how he is at heading though

Can't say I agree. He looked good going forward but seemed slower than Fredericks getting back to defend. He's going to need a few seasons and maybe a season away on loan to develop.
  • I still have a concern up front. You just know that if we don’t some cover, even as a loan, then the moment the window closes Antonio will get injured.
  • VILLA TARGET LOFTUS-CHEEK

Aston Villa are reportedly pushing to sign Ruben Loftus-Cheek, 24, on loan from Chelsea amid competition from Southampton and West Ham.

The Daily Mail claims Villa are keen on a loan deal after already spending £85m in the summer transfer window.
  • It’s only 3 days left and there isn’t really anything vaguely tangible being talked about in terms of WH incomings

Very worrying indeed. Perhaps sully looked at yesterday and thought - nah, best keep the money back for my interest payments - we should be good enough not to get relegated.
  • Baracks there’s a week left yet. It closes 11pm 5 October. Plenty of time.
  • Baracks there’s a week left yet. It closes 11pm 5 October. Plenty of time.

Yes just realised my error - no idea why I thought it was Thursday!
  • Just read the Spanish news and Chicharito is not performing very well at all. 'Rubbish' is current description of him!
  • Would like to see a LB/LWB as Masuaku is the only one who can play that role

Also would like to see a new CB in
  • Anderson and Antonio have both played wing back successfully
  • Will need a defensive midfielder. I actually think quite a few players of around 10-15m would fill his boots to a decent degree. Will be nice not reading the constant Chelsea links
  • The problem is I think Rice is a lot more than a defensive midfielder. He cuts out danger and tackles well, but he can also pick the ball up and drive forward, as well as pick a pass.

He's far from the finished article but I honestly believe Rice will be one of the best midfielders in the league in a few years.
This discussion has been closed.