Will we stay up?

Comments

• After today’s performance I think we are going down unless we sign some quality in the next 6 days .the team lacks confidence fight and passion too many players out of form yet playing every week
  • I’ve always thought we’d stay up but after today my belief took a wobble.
    Then I looked at the table and thought that even though we seem to have been playing badly for so long, Key players out of form or injured and our confidence looks shot, somehow we haven’t been cut adrift at the bottom and have only just dropped into the bottom 3 and it’s so tight down there.
    There’s hope for us yet and think all we need is something like a dodgy Var decision to go our way to give us that boost to have a decent run of results. I don’t expect many to agree with me.
  • Nope....

Been through this various times with Sam and Bilic, never believed we’d drop, however this one feels very different

Nobody would’ve expected to see us in this position after MP first year and then the summer spending, to go back to Moyes was a massive massive mistake

He’s lost all the recent possible winnable games except Bournemouth and got knocked out to a lower league team at home for the first time in 23 years

Winning is not what he does, as per one of his opening statements

It’s the perfect storm, typical WHU and I honestly believe we’re going down this time

• No I think the club is heading towards years in the championship. It’s not just the team i, we have some of the poorest training facilities in the league, we have one of the poorest scouting networks in the league, we don’t own our ground we buy players through agents phoning up and offering them to us at the last minute. We are not a well run club Leicester/ Southampton do a lot more with less . The fans are losing their connection to the club they see millionaires jogging round the pitch putting little effort or passion in when they are spending a weeks money to bring their kids to watch the game. VAR is taking the joy from football , you live for the moments in a game when the ball hits the net , now you sit there waiting two minutes for someone to decide if it’s a goal. I am considering not renewing next year as I don’t enjoy the football i go to see friends and have a beer I’m fed up of bus replacements/4 carriage trains / queuing to get in and out of stadiium/station the whole match day experience is become a chore. I feel a sense of apathy amongst supporters and I think the club will lose a lot of season ticket holders no matter what happen . On that cheery note I will shut up rant over :wahoo:
  • It’s okay the 50,000 waiting list will snap those ST up
  • Yes of course we will.
    The next two games we will lose but they will allow our new arrivals to bed in.
    After that we will win 5 out of the remaining 11; Southampton (H), Burnley (H), Norwich (A), Watford (H), Aston Villa (H).
    Draws against; Arsenal (A), Chelsea (H) and ManU (A).
    We will be beaten by Wolves (H), Spurs (A) and Newcastle (A).
    That's a comfortable 42 points with Brighton, Watford, Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich below us.
    It is our final five games that give us the (very good) chance of survival.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
  • edited February 2020
    I see this coming lol
    At the start off season
    On the thread “ where do you think think we will finish “
    I put 42 point asap please and pretty much got laff of site.
    We can stay up ,
    will we get 42 points?
    But if we go down I can’t see us coming up anytime soon
    And half you lot did want to use the better players for cup games!
    Next league down ,,, lot’s more game,,, we can’t play 38 plus, with out some one saying “rest them”.
    Good cup lol
  • edited February 2020
    We need 14 more points as a minimum.

We have taken 12 from our last 18 games. So half the season has seen our points haul drop two shy of that minimum target needed. Doesn’t give me much hope that we will get 14 from the last 13 games, which, in itself, is hardly a Mammoth task.

Palace H/A
    Burnley A
    Newcastle H
    Brighton H
    Villa A
    Sheffield Utd H

3 points from those 21 is going to ultimately determine our fate.
  • Yesterday was a 6-pointer and the biggest game of our season

And we were in control....

And the we fell apart AS WE ALWAYS DO

We are going down....and if we do we are in for a rough journey back
  • And then in rides our saviour welcome West Ham to jarred Bowen
  • It’s okay the 50,000 waiting list will snap those ST up

Well they can have mine as well, it’s just not worth the effort anymore. It’s not a case of supporting your team through bad times and good, we tend to always have bad times.

• DJ Hammer said:

It’s okay the 50,000 waiting list will snap those ST up

Well they can have mine as well, it’s just not worth the effort anymore. It’s not a case of supporting your team through bad times and good, we tend to always have bad times.

I like the bit ,, 10 year plan
  • Perversely if when we are relegated I’m much more likely to get a season ticket. Because they are going to need all the support they can get.
  • Perversely if when we are relegated I’m much more likely to get a season ticket. Because they are going to need all the support they can get.

Fair play to you Suz, if I wasn’t so far away with so much travelling to get there I might think differently. I will think about it.

• Imo we need a win from Liverpool Man City spurs at least to stay up
  • You going for a European spot then Cuz :biggrin:
  • Yes IronHerb it’s that bad imo
  • I live in hope we will stay up. After our next 2 games none of the teams left are world beaters even though we are capable of making them look like world beaters. I will live in hope our form will improve and we will start picking up points.
  • City have had back to back scoreless matches so expect them to make up for it next week.
  • Both the City and Liverpool games are live on Sky so the whole world can watch as we suffer.
  • Public humiliation?
  • edited February 2020
    4 wins & 2 draws (minimum) in our last 13. Means we can still lose 7 of those games & stay up.

It’s possible, & the good news is that we can score goals (8 at home in 4 games). Anderson to return shortly. We need to keep everybody fit now for the final run-in.

Shame that the next two are write offs but we need 4 points from Wolves & Saints. Would give us 10 more to get. Watford/Villa/Newcastle/Burnley/Norwich. Leaves us no real margin for error but 3 wins & a draw from that should not be beyond us.

Fabianski
    Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Fredericks - Rice - Soucek - Masuaku
    Bowen - Anderson
    Antonio

Randolph, Diop, Noble, Snodgrass, Fornals, Lanzini, Haller

If we can get that 18 out regularly then we will have a chance. But I fear the mentality of too many of these players is not good enough.
  • The last few seasons when we've had problems, we've been able to get points or put in good performances in games like these coming up. So they're not write-offs and the performance will be an important indicator. Man City aren't the same team we played on the opening day, so we need to push them for a point.
  • The last few seasons when we've had problems, we've been able to get points or put in good performances in games like these coming up. So they're not write-offs and the performance will be an important indicator. Man City aren't the same team we played on the opening day, so we need to push them for a point.

Right ,,, we just not going lay down, it’s not a cup game , so full strr
  • One home win since 22 Sep 19 our next home game is 28 Feb 20 so basically one win in 5 months at home :nonono:
  • edited February 2020

One home win since 22 Sep 19 our next home game is 28 Feb 20 so basically one win in 5 months at home :nonono:

We beat Bournemouth at home this year ? or is that the one win and not including 22nd sept ?
  • Either way when we are banking on winning 4 more home games to stay in the division. It kind of is the "writing on the wall" for relegation.
  • https://www.football365.com/news/west-ham-david-moyes-john-nicholson

Yeold I count Bournemouth as the only home win since we beat Man U on 22 Sep 19
  • Yes, but someone needs to step up and inspire the team, otherwise it will end badly. Even though we don't have a Tevez, De Canio or Payet, I believe just someone driving forward, going on runs and exciting 50,000 fans would have a huge impact. The question is, 'Who can do this?' The only names I can think of are Felipe Anderson or Michail Antonio. We have some okay players, but confidence is shot; hopwever, a game changer would have a huge impact on both team, and fans.