The David Moyes Thread

Comments

• Cuz1 said:

What’s his overall win % with us altogether please

What's his overall win % with us.
    Sorry but it reminded me of the film Airplane =)
  • To sign a 3 year deal this week by all reports
  • Google is your friend
  • Brilliant manager. One of the best in West Hams history
  • Lukerz said:

To sign a 3 year deal this week by all reports

What no Conceição? You just cant trust these media reports. 🤥
  • Think he’s been hard done by with the LMA Manager of the Year going to Guardiola.
  • edited May 2021
    It's a pointless award, really. Almost always goes to whoever wins the league.

Winning the league and Carabao Cup with Man City isn't a huge achievement. It's almost an expectation nowadays because they have a large, ridiculously talented squad and unlimited finances.

What Moyes has done with a small squad and the improvements he's made eclipses what Guardiola has done with City, IMO.
  • For me, it should have been between David Moyes, Marcelo Bielsa, Dean Smith and Brendan Rodgers. I don't think anyone would have predicted them to have the season they did, with the resources available to them.
  • Dean Smith didn't get close, the top six were Pep, Bielsa, Moyes, Rodgers, Farke at Norwich and Chelsea Women's Emma Hayes. The actually votes don't seem to have been published

Farke won Championship MotY and Hayes won WSL MotY
  • I thought it was only Premier League so that's interesting, it's broader than I realised
  • Each league has its own award
  • The Premier League doesn't have a separate award, the lower divisions do

This year's winners were...

The Sir Alex Ferguson trophy for the LMA Manager of the Year:
    Pep Guardiola (Manchester City)

Barclays FA Women's Super League Manager of the Year:
    Emma Hayes MBE (Chelsea)

The FA Women's Championship Manager of the Year:
    Jonathan Morgan (Leicester City)

Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Year:
    Daniel Farke (Norwich City)

Sky Bet League One Manager of the Year:
    Grant McCann (Hull City)

Sky Bet League Two Manager of the Year:
    Michael Duff (Cheltenham Town)

LMA Special Achievement Award sponsored by Prostate Cancer UK
    Steven Gerrard MBE (Rangers)
  • edited May 2021
    alderz said:

For me, it should have been between David Moyes, Marcelo Bielsa, Dean Smith and Brendan Rodgers. I don't think anyone would have predicted them to have the season they did, with the resources available to them.

Dean Smith.............. wash your mouth out, can’t stand the man!
  • alderz said:

For me, it should have been between David Moyes, Marcelo Bielsa, Dean Smith and Brendan Rodgers. I don't think anyone would have predicted them to have the season they did, with the resources available to them.

Dean Smith.............. wash your mouth out, can’t stand the man!
    I don’t like him either, but if you’re looking at teams that did better than expected you can’t say exclude him, IMO.
  • They should add a Not The Rich Six manager of the year award....
  • More reports Everton are looking to speak to Moyes as he was in the running before they appointed Ancelotti. Moyes’ family are still up north & he lives in a London flat currently.
  • I wonder where Lampards next job will be
  • Hope he gets experience as Assistant Manager somewhere..
  • Lampard’s better than an assistant manager IMO. At least a championship manager and maybe a lower table Premier League one. Somewhere like Brighton if Potter was poached.
  • He would have been a perfect assistant to Tuchel but not now obviously.

The Palace job would suit but not sure they would offer a sufficient budget that would be needed to take them forward.
  • Nuno is the number 1 contender for the Everton job. Says Moyes is also a leading candidate and his family home is still on Merseyside.

To be honest I can’t see Moyes returning to a club with no unfinished business. He was there 11 years. Time to move on from that.
  • And Nuno leaving Wolves due to his family being in Portugal - although may now be ‘easier’ for them to come over. However that would also have been the case for staying at Wolves.
  • Just woke from a little nap ,is moyes still with us or heading up to Everton as i write =)
  • Does make you wonder why he has not signed a new deal yet. He should have had one back in January when we were sat in the top five. It’s now June & he still doesn’t have a new contract. If he was to leave now the last year would have been for nothing. All the media reporting Moyes is their main target alongside Nuno. The owners need to sort this out.
  • Lurkerz, I know what you mean but in the last year we have qualified for the Europa League so it won’t be a total waste. 👍
  • It’s still worrying that he could be tempted back to Everton especially with his family still in that area
  • I read that he’d triggered a year extension at some point this year, so I don’t think he’s currently out of contract.
  • I think it’s quite common for managers living away from their families for the length of their contract given that they normally do not fulfil the full length of it. Their families have a fairly stable life and it would not benefit kids etc to constantly move around the country.
  • Does anyone know did DM take his family to Sociedad with him?
  • I imagine Moyes children are all grown up by now?