The David Moyes Thread

Comments

• alderz said:

I’d argue that Pellegrini suffered from Fab’s injury, and Moyes will benefit from his return, but I do agree

Yes, but Pelle supposedly wanted Roberto as first choice at one stage if rumours are to be believed
    I personally don’t put much stock in that rumour. I don’t mind seeing the rumours and sometimes I believe them, but the problem with this one is that there is evidence that says otherwise. He signed Fab and not Roberto last year, and then this year he played Fab until his injury this year.
  • Don't know if its been said ,But has anyone read Mark nobles open letter to fans ,guess he knows the fans are not really into moyes but credit to him for trying to get us all on the same page :ok:
  • As captain of the club I’d expect nothing less
  • Captain or not, it’s still a good letter and bang on the money. We all need to pull together now.
  • Well pity his rousing speech/ letter had no effect on the previous managers reign then maybe moyes wouldn’t be in this lucky position to have managed us twice imo
  • It’s a point to remember that not only is this an extremely important recruitment for our club, team and future, it is a huge opportunity for DM, and I would imagine he is more than keen to make it work for himself. Probably his last real chance in the premiership before he turns into a Pardew or a Warnock.
  • It’s a point to remember that not only is this an extremely important recruitment for our club, team and future, it is a huge opportunity for DM, and I would imagine he is more than keen to make it work for himself. Probably his last real chance in the premiership before he turns into a Pardew or a Warnock COLIN.

There, fixed it for yah :biggrin:
  • edited December 2019

Captain or not, it’s still a good letter and bang on the money. We all need to pull together now.

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134173

An opposite opinion?
  • We read this sort of stuff many a time on the official website.

I’d sooner the players and captain did their talking on the pitch.
  • IronHerb said:

But since they left Birmingham the club has flourished hasn't it? :hmm:

Partly because they sold it to an alleged crook
  • I on the other hand hope they play on the pitch :biggrin:
  • Baracks

got our key forward, Arnie, into his groove
    He re-invented Arnie as a CF, which I think deserves more credit.
  • I read Nobles statement as trying to justify his position. Not really impressed.
  • edited December 2019
    IronHerb I think you’re being a bit harsh.

Noble clearly cares deeply for the club and also realises the ‘unrest’ in the air. I think it is a good attempt to ask the disgruntled to give Moyes a chance and cancel any planned demonstrations.

Onions I know, but I hope his letter helps and the ‘disgruntled’ get behind the team tomorrow and for the next few games at least.
  • I think you can look at all the teams in the league and ask the same question which is with the current expenditure and squad assembled are they achieving what they should or under/over achieving. If you look at City and Liverpool you can see they are there because of their expenditure and resulting squads so in effect Sheffield Utd, Leicester and Palace are all achieving more even though lower in the table.

I think we can really see who we think is to blame if we ask where do we think we should be with our squad? I would say around 8th but we sit in 17th. The fact I think we should be 8th indicates I cant really blame the board as we have assembled a decent squad, we can blame the manager however as he is not getting what he should out of the squad. There is of course another factor which I feel is the situation in our case which is the squad was good but one or two of probably two or three positions we have no cover for sustained injuries. Fab. Rice and Antonio were likely the three we couldn't cover and two have been out.

So in my view the board are not to blame for our troubles this season as they provided a top 10 squad for Pell, I feel Pelle has to accept the blame due to buying the squad and its cover and getting less than the sum of their collective ability. He was however unlucky with key injuries and so with a little more luck he may have been able to survive for another day.

Moyes begins with these key positions back and a transfer window to address the lack of cover and imbalance so as long as we make some funds available Moyes is actually in a good position, he has a squad better than its current position and an awareness of it's weaknesses with a whole transfer window ahead of him.

• Baracks

got our key forward, Arnie, into his groove
    He re-invented Arnie as a CF, which I think deserves more credit.
    Which is what I have done. As well as point out the areas which weren’t addressed at all. Arnie was very very good in a number of games but still not in the majority of them IMO (Of course you will likely have a different view)
  • Captain or not, it’s still a good letter and bang on the money. We all need to pull together now.

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134173

An opposite opinion?
    An opposite opinion to your opposite opinion:

A group of self-serving ‘supporters’ intend to make it more difficult for us to win a vital game in order to elevate their own concerns above the general well-being and enjoyment of the quiet majority of supporters, who recognise the club belongs to many and not merely to themselves, and who just want to see West Ham do well, particularly considering how precarious our position is in the table right now.
  • IronHerb said:

I read Nobles statement as trying to justify his position. Not really impressed.

Nothing to do with justifying his own position. He’s just, as a captain, player and fan, trying to get us to pull together.
  • edited December 2019
    Jorderz,

There is a question mark at the end of the sentence. This I thought was hopefully going to raise a debate about the reasons behind the planned march and if it had any merit. Do I believe that we have gone anyway to achieving what the owners said we would when leaving Upton Park, no, then I honestly believe they should be held accountable. I don’t agree with any action that could seriously affect our chances of winning a match though. :ok:
  • Noble in my view is part of the problem not part of the solution.

To move forward as a club he needs to move on as our midfield will continue to be slow and disjointed while he is in the side.

It is all very well Noble telling the fans to get behind the club but what about the players of which he is the Captain?

They have performed awfully for so long now and no manager seems to be able to get them to play good football for more than a few games a season.

Noble should as Captain be helping to get the best out of the players but he does not seem to make any difference to the side when he is playing and he has been one of the only permanent fixtures over the last ten years.
  • I love noble but wish we’d had a fit Scott Parker available for last few years I’m sure we wouldn’t be struggling as we are it’s a shame to say it cus as I’ve stated I love him but maybe time as caught up with him on the field
  • I think Noble is in the team on merit and I can’t see anyone in the current squad who is good enough to replace him at the moment.
    Many different managers have had many different transfer windows to replace him or just not pick him if he was too slow or only passes sideways etc and yet he always gets back in. I think we’re lucky to have him.
  • Happy new year everyone

Yes Noble is in the team on merit because the only alternatives are sanchez and wilshere. It means whether he or rice play well or poorly they will be starters come what may. That’s not a good position for us to be in IMO. Even if we had, say, kept obiang at least we could have mixed it up a little.
  • “Next level” was the worst thing they’ve ever come out with in order to try and sell the move

Bain of my WHUFC life
  • I just read this article on the BBC (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50822875) about expected goals and the table based on that. I obviously like this sort of thing because numbers, though I appreciate some won’t.

I’m sharing it because of the section that outlines attacking and defensive prowess. This looks at basically the number of ‘big’ chances a team create or concede, vs the proportion taken.

In the charts below, we are #17. Attacking wise we fall into the “lack of creativity and wasteful” section, and defensively we are bang on the median for clinical opposition, but WOW we concede a lot of chances.

So basically, Big Dave needs to sort out a porous defence, and an ineffective attack. Thanks Manuel!

• Don't need a chart to convince anyone of that alderz.
  • “Next level” was the worst thing they’ve ever come out with in order to try and sell the move

Bain of my WHUFC life

Yes, but next level were an excellent boy band never to be forgotten
  • edited January 2020
    Without wanting to go full late-90s boy band geek, but I think you'll find it was Another Level. Launched Dane Bowers into the public consciousness, which I think we can all be grateful for.
  • Too much information....
  • edited January 2020
    i Thort that too,