Chelsea v West Ham United - Pellegrini's last stand?

Comments

• a win against the odds
  • :wahoo: :wahoo: and :wahoo:

Far from perfect, clearly, but it looked like we'd remembered how to be any good, and, for me, the perfect place to do it.

:coyi: :scarf:
  • :sofa:

I am working today so only caught the last 10 minutes. Not sure my heart could have taken much more.
  • the everlasting enigma wot is West Ham United. :wahoo:
  • edited November 2019
    http://whu606.com/discussion/comment/940177/#Comment_940177

So it's drinks on you Ex-Pat :ok: :biggrin:
  • What a stupid club we support......... :wahoo:
  • Well from the accounts I've heard. We put in a hard working shift today. Enigma we are.
  • Martin so emotional at the end and went and had a massive hug with Dad. Magic day for them both :clap:
  • Putting a shift in should be the minimum players should be doing anyway just shows if you match the effort you have a chance in games and playing with a goalkeeper this week is a big improvement
  • I don’t believe it. Why can’t we play against the poorer sides. It doesn’t make sense
  • It's football. Of course it doesn't.
  • This is West Ham United through and through.

A rocking and rolling roller-coaster
  • Hutton, you mean like against the Spuds, ;)
  • edited November 2019
    fair play to the boss man Pelle! & team, that was a very creditable performance. I never wanna see Roberto play again, Martin not perfect but has the guts to perform. I am the 1st to slate Pelle , so kudo's to u, good decision to drop Haller, IMO he has looked disinterested of late, regardless of the service he got, Antoinio showed today how to get stuck in, also a special mention for Fornals, he didn't have a great 1st half, but in the 2nd half turned into a "team" player putting a real shift in, he's not the finsihed article by a long means, but try & work like you did will go a long way.
    Back 4 were impressive, Diop does not deserve his place back IMO.
    Well done Pelle, there we go I said it!. :clap:
  • Antonio was immense.

I feel a bit for Haller because the comparison isn't a fair one. Haller has nowhere near the pace or mobility - he just isn't that kind of striker.

Haller needs a partner or he needs Antonio very near to him, drifting in from the left or right. Otherwise he might prove to be a waste of money.
  • Drinks are on Expat☺️

:lol: As usual :lol:
  • http://whu606.com/discussion/comment/940177/#Comment_940177

So it's drinks on you Ex-Pat :ok: :biggrin:

So £2 @ 28/1 plus £5 @ 15/2 is OK

:beer: :champagne: (mr & Mrs E only) :cider:
  • Bizarre fact according to Sky and probably BBC is that Chelsea didn’t commit one foul.
  • A quote extraordinary performance/result in the circumstances

Just goes to show what you can achieve with commitment and work rate, both of which were present in spades.

Pelle was bold in dropping his £40m striker. Obviously Roberto should have been taken out of the firing line a while back, but what’s done is done - at least it’s done now.

Very well done all round, esp to Pelle
  • That is all I ever ask of the team is to put in a shift ,And boy did they today back four really put there bodys on the line , :bowdown: still don't know whats happened to Anderson he was the only one who seemed off the pace .But a happy Saturday night for once :ok:
  • Still need Holland to be in the squad imo
  • I didnt think we played that well because we created so few chances once again and never really looked the better team...… However Creswell took his opportunity in stunning fashion and the defence was outstanding in standing resolute from there on in. It goes to show what many suspected, that you build a team from the back upwards, and Roberto collapsed that whole theory and made it impossible.

I feel for Haller as he has never been played in the manner he needs in my view, he needs support and he will get goals in side the box. He is a finisher and a hold up player yet with no support he has no one to hold it up for and no one to supply him. He may not work out for Pelle's way of playing but I am convinced he will make his mark if given the right opportunity.

Martin's reaction made my season so far, Alvin must be the proudest dad tonight, It's not that his performance was assured or impressive but just to see what it meant and he drew upon everything he had to try and help us in that match, and how many times did his Dad do that? Should he put in another good enough show next week at Wolves I feel he will get a first welcome to his goal in the London stadium that he will never forget.

• I think Antonio showed himself to be a guaranteed starter for the time being. I'd like to see us go 4-4-2, or maybe to a 3-5-2 like the other year. But him and Haller together would be a handful
  • Agreed it shouldn't be one or the other they should both play.
  • edited November 2019

Bringing down The House Martins
  • happy happy joy joy
  • That picture sums up what has been missing, the joy of doing well and the pride in playing, debut at 33 years young in the big league, hats off to Pelle some big calls today with the job on the line
  • The players stood up to be counted with just five more points we’d be top 5 below Chelsea above the spuds, all about fine margins not knee jerk reactions for manager change imo
  • I think Martin's reaction shows what it should mean to be a professional footballer and not an ego-fuelled (put in your own noun) who thinks that he's doing the punters a favour just to turn up on the pitch.
    A few more with the attitude of Antonio, Snodgrass, Noble, Rice and on today's 2nd.half showing even Fornals and we'll be ok.
    But why oh why has MP been so stubborn that it had to get to the point of him realising the sack was a distinct possibility before he acted.
    Another thing is that because of Diop's red card, MP was forced into playing Oggy and Fab at CBs - and didn't they do well ;) Brucie.
    PLF said earlier, putting in a shift is the minimum that they should do, and look what happened when they did.
    If they perform on Wednesday at Wolves as they did today, I can accept a defeat but now expect a win. :scarf:
  • I better get on that Wolves match thread tomorrow...
This discussion has been closed.