January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• Yeah.

And finding out isn’t going to make him un-injuried.
  • MrsGrey said:

Fredericks.

Injured more often that not?

We could look it up.

And compare with other players.

If we had time.
    One word.

Alderz
  • MrsGrey said:

Fredericks.

We could look it up.

If we had time.
    One word.

Alderz
    Different word.

Google.
  • Well Baz showed a graph the other day, maybe he could do it. :lol:
  • MrsGrey said:

Fredericks.

We could look it up.

If we had time.
    If only we knew someone that was good with stats and the like :hmm:
  • We should sign Bogle from Derby
  • We should sign Bogle from Derby
  • Ok...

So after research, Fredericks has pretty much been available a good deal of the time outside his long term injury from Nov 2018-Jan 2019 which saw him miss 11 (of the 15 games he missed last season) games.

This season he's been playing (or available) virtually all the time apart from one suspension vs Palace.

Bryam has been available every game this season for Norwich. He's played both cup games and his lack of playing time is because of being an unused sub.

For this season, both Fredericks and Byram have very high availability. Byram at 100%!

For those of you who prefer it in Giraffe form... :wink:

• Byram was also rubbish
  • I have to admit I had hopes for him
  • As a follow up/after thought, with several people saying/suggesting and 'agree'ing Fredericks seems to be injured plenty of the time (which he statistically has not been so this season), do they still feel that way? Or is it unfair on him?
  • I wouldn't put Fredericks in the injury prone roster yet.

Jack Wilshire is running away with that medal.

I think there is a difference between a player being unavailable for 3 or 4 games from a slight muscle injury to someone who is literally unavailable for 10+ games back for 2 or 3 games then off for another 10+ games.

Fredericks for the most part is at least back for a consecutive number of games that does not disrupt the team flow.
  • Hes been available all season apart from a 1 game suspension. I think the perception was a hangover from last season because of the games he missed

#feeling like Alderz stats wise for a day :lol:
  • Byram was a weird one. He missed 13 games for Leeds in 2011/12 season (6 at the start, 7 at the end) but transfermarkt doesn't record an injury. Other than that season he was a regular at Leeds pretty much exclusively.

He was with us (incl. his loan) for 1,273 days and was (according to transfermarkt) injured for 587 of those days - 46% of the time he was here.

Fredericks has had two major injuries in his career, both ankle injuries. He missed 80 days for Fulham in 2017/18, and he missed 77 days for us in 2018/19. In total he's been with us 554 days and has been injured for 77 - 14%.

Compare that to Zabaleta. Since he's been with us he has missed two days through injury. And that was officially listed as "illness". It was the boxing day game in 2018 and that's it. 919 days with the club, 2 days off sick. 0.2%.
  • Rumours we are re-signing Darren Randolph for 5m
  • Think that's fair

Only 32 but solid performer, much better than Roberto who I assume will leave
  • Also one or two stories saying Everton are favourites for gedson
  • I dont think we need to spend 5M on a back up GK. Thats nothing personal to Randy though
  • Each position in the league is worth millions if we had a decent back up we would probably finish a lot higher than we will now so I kind of think its an OK signing.
  • alderz said:

Byram was a weird one. He missed 13 games for Leeds in 2011/12 season (6 at the start, 7 at the end) but transfermarkt doesn't record an injury. Other than that season he was a regular at Leeds pretty much exclusively.

He was with us (incl. his loan) for 1,273 days and was (according to transfermarkt) injured for 587 of those days - 46% of the time he was here.

Fredericks has had two major injuries in his career, both ankle injuries. He missed 80 days for Fulham in 2017/18, and he missed 77 days for us in 2018/19. In total he's been with us 554 days and has been injured for 77 - 14%.

Compare that to Zabaleta. Since he's been with us he has missed two days through injury. And that was officially listed as "illness". It was the boxing day game in 2018 and that's it. 919 days with the club, 2 days off sick. 0.2%.

I am certain it was reported that he’d been injured that season before we bought him
  • Also one or two stories saying Everton are favourites for gedson

After they recently commented on his desire for London... I'll take a stab that the club that pays him the most will get him.

#There's a shock
  • Rumours we are re-signing Darren Randolph for 5m

Guardian is reportnig it as an agreed deal, at £4m.
  • Did he leave us on a free?
  • yoyo said:

Did he leave us on a free?

Undisclosed at the time, but reportedly £5m. He came to us on a free 1st time round.
  • I believe we flogged him for the 5M Boro were asking for him :hmm:
  • edited January 2020
    yoyo said:

Did he leave us on a free?

Feel that your username is quite apt for this discussion re Randolph :ok: although boomerang would have been better !!
  • Imo if Randolph had been number 2 when fab was injured we’d have at least nine more points and pelle still be here
  • Cuz1 said:

Imo if Randolph had been number 2 when fab was injured we’d have at least nine more points and pelle still be here

So does that mean Roberto wins our player of the season award :hmm: ;)
  • I am certain it was reported that he’d been injured that season before we bought him

Byram was unavailable for seven out of 49 games for Leeds 2014-15, three of those for a red card.
  • He was a card magnet
This discussion has been closed.