January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• Ex reporting that Gabigol (25 goals in 29 games for Flamengo this season, 18 in 35 last season for Santos) is a target. Sully's mate Barry Silk has apparently offered to help secure the deal, which was mooted in the summer but the player had work permit issues then, which seem to have been resolved.
  • We're going to end up with Gabby Yorath or Logan (or both) aren't we
  • Darren Randolph and Asmir Begovic on 6 month loans being considered
  • Yeold,

That would be the West Ham way signing a goalkeeper who isn't currently playing for their respective teams. Although I have to admit Begovic's season has finished after his loan spell in Azerbaijan. Rumour has it we have £24 million to spend split with anything between £6 - 12 mill to acquire a CDM & Goalkeeper.
  • With Fab back I really don’t see the need for a keeper. Martin is an able deputy, I’d stick til the summer and priorities other areas.
  • edited January 2020

Yeold,

That would be the West Ham way signing a goalkeeper who isn't currently playing for their respective teams. Although I have to admit Begovic's season has finished after his loan spell in Azerbaijan. Rumour has it we have £24 million to spend split with anything between £6 - 12 mill to acquire a CDM & Goalkeeper.

Reported that we're bidding £17m for Gabigol, so that £24m isn't going to go very far.

CM and ST are the priorities for this window, then in the summer we can address the GK, RB and LB issues.
  • Bid rejected for Randolph by Boro, according to Sky Sports.
  • Gabigol is a striker/winger sort, similar to Salah (obviously not nearly as good)

Dont think hes the type to lead the line, more of a second striker who works off the right

Didnt cut it at inter but he was only a kid who moved for a big fee, butbhe also struggled at Benfica....

But maybe the cost can be offset with Yarmolenko who would probably still get £10mil maybe more (and over £100k p/w off the wage bill)
  • Is it "definite" that Yarmo will be going. I think he could still do a job with the Moyesiah influence.
  • Personally, I think we need a younger keeper as a priority signing soon. Fab will not go on forever (35 next birthday), plus we have both Martin & Roberto approaching 34 (plus question marks over either being good enough as a long term understudy, anyway). Roberto needs to be sold/loaned this window.

A younger keeper from the Championship would be ideal. There are a few in there who are doing the business for their clubs & who wouldn’t cost a bomb. If you go with Butland, you risk 1) paying a load & 2) signing a keeper who has been getting worse over the last year or so. If you wanted to be a bit more ambitious, you have Pope & Henderson in the PL.

Randolph as a number 2 is not going to be the answer because eventually we will need to start thinking about somebody who can takeover from Fab.
  • But just because he's a number two doesn't mean he will automatically become number one when Fab goes. He could be number two for four to five years with a new number one being brought in over him.
  • Lukerz, I was under the impression that Trott is on loan this season with a view to being our No2/Cup 'keeper next season. Anang would then go on loan to get league experience with Hegyi stepping up to U23 'keeper. Martin would remain as training/3rd choice 'keeper.

This would actually represent good succession planning at the club for once, and could eliminate the need to spend big on a position that won't be a priority for the next couple of windows.
  • Due to third party ownership issues, there have been rumours of Trott being independently traded in the transfer window :hmm:

• Sky reporting we're in talks with Benfuca for midfielder Gedson Fernandez. 18 month loan with option to buy. Man Utd interested but he has family in London and has already posted an Irons emoji on Instagram
  • Why would Randolph want to come and sit on the bench when he is playing regular first team football? Is that not whay he left in the first place?
  • yoyo said:

Sky reporting we're in talks with Benfuca for midfielder Gedson Fernandez. 18 month loan with option to buy. Man Utd interested but he has family in London and has already posted an Irons emoji on Instagram

He has indeed :hmm:

But if you look closely, there's a clown next to it, which could either be his judgement of the club, or that he's aware of Ham's presence on this forum
  • The joker card is on another post of him playing for Portugal.

So I think he is Ham
  • You mean Presunto? :biggrin:
  • Hamstew said:

:wave:

Gedson, you signing or not?
  • Luckily Spurs are in for his cousin Gertchacowson ;)
  • edited January 2020
    Just noticed as well that Mesaque Dju commented on the Fernandez post. He's in our youth team, so maybe he could have a quiet word
  • edited January 2020

Hamstew said:

Not sure. Owners want me but had a very confusing meeting with them. Said they have loads of old Fernandes shirts they need using up. Any idea what they are on about?
  • just had a read on Sky. Sounds like a prospect and would be a bit of a coup
  • The Moyes effect :biggrin: :whistle:
  • Not wishing to be picky, but the crossed hammers in that photo are not identical as ours are. :biggrin: Maybe it's not us it refers to.
  • Hamstew said:

Hamstew said:

Not sure. Owners want me but had a very confusing meeting with them. Said they have loads of old Fernandes shirts they need using up. Any idea what they are on about?
    Did the little one have them in the boot of his car? And did the old one tell you about his father stealing his shares? And was there a woman in a power suit making snide comments about ex-players?
  • for the purpose of my recently raised hopes, they are...

#loves a TF
  • The Guardian reporting that Conor Coventry has agreed a 3 and a half year deal with a one year extension despite several clubs interested in signing him on a free in the summer. We're now looking to loan him out until the end of the season.

They also say that Moyes will only recall Diangana if have an injury crisis
This discussion has been closed.