Couldn’t think.... part three

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Cobey Bryant has died in a helicopter crash.

Early reports say it burst into flames in mid-air. It’s believed his teenage daughter was on board.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51256756
  • edited January 2020
    Heartbreaking. I'm gonna go and give my kids a big hug.
  • US basketball legend Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna are among nine people killed in a helicopter crash in the city of Calabasas, California.

Bryant, 41, and Gianna, 13, were travelling in a private helicopter when it came down and burst into flames.

The LA county sheriff said there were no survivors.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51256756

RIP :poppy:
  • Why is it, given the 24 hour news cycle that we live within, that I have just discovered that Brexit is ratified, a done deal and that as of Friday, I will no longer be a citizen of the EU.

I know that Mitt Romney drank chocolate milk on the Senate floor yesterday, I know that, but not that Brexit was finally official.

I do know, I get it

:deadhorse:

• Our media team though. Releasing an 'On This Day' post for something that happened in April :doh:
  • Has Roberto turned up in disguise, and are Hull missing Bowen?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/51039258

:lol:
  • So many people in Athens going around in surgical masks, it feels like a 70's Millwall Muppets convention.
  • Even saw a girl. In a pink Hello Kitty surgical. mask...
  • Unashamedly nicked from a scouse mate.
    A cockney bloke is dong Route 66 across the states when he pulls into a roadside bar in the middle of nowhere.
    He gets chatting to the barman and then he spots a bloke in full Red Indian dress in the corner.
    The barman tells him “ that’s Chief Mountain Bear, he knows everything about everything, go ask him something.”
    Our boy wanders over and thinking he’s got him with this one he asks the chief “Who won the FA cup in 1980?”With no hesitation “West Ham”.Our man is amazed! “What was the score?”,”1-0” says the chief straight away.
    Anyway , when he gets home he can’t stop thinking about this amazing bloke he met and after about ten years of saving he goes back and sure enough the chief is still sitting in the same bar in the same spot.
    Thinking he’ll show this great chief some proper respect he walks up to him and says “How”.The great chief replies “Trevor Brooking with his ‘ead “.
    ⚒❤️⚒⚒⚒❤️
  • So many people in Athens going around in surgical masks, it feels like a 70's Millwall Muppets convention.

The London Underground is full of them. It’s gone from mildly amusing to a bit annoying as most are not wearing them properly so they offer no protection.
  • Come to Canada ……...the cold kills any germs as well as a few people :whistle:
  • Wishful thinking on someone's part?

Not sure being owned by someone who thinks its okay to dismember a journalist would be such a great idea, we get enough stick over the Daves' past business activities.

Being owned by Red Bull wouldn't be much better, they rebrand everything they own so we'd end up as RB West Ham or RB London.
  • Anyone else spot the article in The Mirror, saying Kevin Nolan is to be First Team Coach?? Planning for next season (like Fulham did with Scott Parker)?
  • oh yes we did...feel free to move comment over!
  • Kevin Nolan and Pat Nevin appointed as first team coaches today
  • Being owned by Red Bull wouldn't be much better, they rebrand everything they own so we'd end up as RB West Ham or RB London.

Maybe but at least the club would be run better, RB Lepzig are 2nd in the German League, Salzburg are top of the Austrian League .
  • edited February 2020
    Surely a club can't just be renamed. Even if someone owns them. Wouldn't the FA have to agree to it or something?
  • Ham, There would be uproar if any future owner tried to change the name, but legally I don't see why it could not be done, companies often change their name for one reason or another.
  • edited February 2020
    Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman is not the kind of person you would want to be in charge of something you love.

To be honest you wouldn't want him anywhere near something you had a mild liking for.

G&S are saints in comparison.

Amnesty International
    "an appalling record on LGBT rights, women's rights, extra-judicial killings, beheadings, the murder of journalist Jamal Kashoggi, and their involvement in the ongoing conflict in Yemen".
  • Hamstew said:

Surely a club can't just be renamed. Even if someone owns them. Wouldn't the FA have to agree to it or something?

Wimbledon became MK Dons. I know they moved location, but if they’ll let a club move out of the city and be renamed then I see no reason why not now
  • As far as I'm concerned, the West Ham United we all grew up with has gone. Another re-branding as RB West Ham wouldn't bother me if it meant we mirrored the successful model that they have with Leipzig and Salzburg.
  • In other news, I saw Ham's favourite arcade game the other day

• Maybe but at least the club would be run better, RB Lepzig are 2nd in the German League, Salzburg are top of the Austrian League .

In 2009 Red Bull bought a place in the German 5th tier, created a new club, climbed up the leagues and won promotion to the top flight in 2016 through the ingenious tactic of spending lots of money.

Consequently they are top of Germany's football hate list. At least Chelsea and City were in the top flight when Abramovich and the Dubai crowd took over.
  • I think I'd take hated and successful over laughing stock.

People will laud Liverpool's success, but let's not pretend that they haven't spent massively to get there. It's the only way in the modern game.
  • Maybe but at least the club would be run better, RB Lepzig are 2nd in the German League, Salzburg are top of the Austrian League .

In 2009 Red Bull bought a place in the German 5th tier, created a new club, climbed up the leagues and won promotion to the top flight in 2016 through the ingenious tactic of spending lots of money.

Consequently they are top of Germany's football hate list. At least Chelsea and City were in the top flight when Abramovich and the Dubai crowd took over.
    13 players bought between £10m-£20m, only 1 above £20mil....all of which in the last 5 years

Compare that to us...
    £40+m: 1
    £30m - £40m: 1
    £20m - £30m: 5
    £10m - £20m: 11

Obviously the prem has more money, but wouldn't necessarily say that RB Leipzig have spend anywhere close to city/chelsea

Wha they do have is a transfer strategy, investing/targetting on some of the best young players across Europe
  • edited February 2020
    You can't compare the two ? The German and Austrian League are infinitely smaller than the premier league standard wise.

Its much easier for any rich guy to go to any other league outside of the PL and put in half the amount a PL club will spend to get to the Champions League. The German league literally has Dortmund / Bayern Munich. The rest are bobbing up and down all over the league.
This discussion has been closed.