Couldn’t think.... part three

Comments

• I think I'd take hated and successful over laughing stock.

People will laud Liverpool's success, but let's not pretend that they haven't spent massively to get there. It's the only way in the modern game.

I think we have the hated bit in the bag all ready OCS. Now where's that successful bit? :hmm:
  • At ;east Zaha has got himself a decent haircut at last...
  • edited February 2020
    Man City banned from Europe for two seasons :nonono:
  • alderz said:

Man City banned from Europe for two seasons :nonono:

But England is in Europe :puzzled:
  • edited February 2020
    Wouldn't it be ironic if they won it this season and were then banned for the next two years but I expect their appeal will be successful or at Ieast I hope it will.
  • Sheffield United going to the Champs League
  • :sofa: Think they just may take it out on us
  • I think they can appeal it, which may delay it a season. That would be frustrating for the 5th place team.
  • If the Premier league also find them guilty, then they may apply a points reduction taking them out of the euro places -
  • Talk of city being dumped in league 2, so one less place going down then hopefully, citiee to the rescue :wahoo: :biggrin: :yercoat:
  • I don't think it will be likely that the Hammers will take there place.
  • Let’s ban everyone until we get in / win by default
  • If the Premier league also find them guilty, then they may apply a points reduction taking them out of the euro places -

I personally would be in favour of a small fine rather than a points reduction.....providing that ensured Sheffield Utd missed out on the Champions league for the first time in history due to the lack of points reduction.
  • If they get relegated to league 2 we might stay up
  • Guess we have to hope for a spurs win today ,Sad really :weep:
  • Except Villa are winning.
  • I just cheered a spurs goal :weep:
  • Just cheered a second spurs goal : :weep: :weep:
  • There's a dedicated thread for this week's other games. Sorry can't move your comments as I'm using my phone :puzzled:
  • He may have been passed his best when he joined us but BT sport showing a great documentary about Jimmy Greaves...... now there was a goal scorer!
  • Spurs selling him was why I became a Hammer.
  • Grey, do you mean that you were a Spud before? :nonono: :nonono:
  • Bubbles - possibly technically.

My mum was the football fan, and followed Spurs originally for the Irish connection. She idolised Greaves, and I ended up doing so too. So I was more a Greaves fan than a spud, and followed him to West Ham after what I saw as the ultimate betrayal of selling him.
  • Grey, Now I guess you wished you had stayed as a spud fan,after these dismal
    efforts week after week that the Hammers put out.
  • Never said he was a spuds fan, just a Greaves fan.
  • Grey, exactly the same as me! My Dad was a spud. The first words out of my mouth as a saucepan we're Mum, Dad and Jimmy Greaves. As a kid you tend to follow players. The only players I really knew we're Jimmy Greaves, Jeff Hurst and God himself Bobby Moore.... when you had Bobby Moore and Jimmy Greaves in the same side , then for a nipper, it was heaven sent!. Been a hammer ever since.
This discussion has been closed.