Couldn’t think.... part three

Comments

• Herb, picky :biggrin:
  • I would picky a herb, but unfortunately I just don't have the thyme at the moment :biggrin:
  • edited February 2020
    That's rich cumin from you :sofa:
  • edited February 2020
    Sage words indeed :yercoat:
  • A few puns always helps parsley the time
  • And Dill they come...
  • But Herb, they may fennely be finished with
  • But chives tried to stop
  • :lol: excellent work
  • Watching the rugby and I thought, cor, I and 'er indoors would've liked to 'ave been there.
    :whistle:
  • Too subtle?
    Watching the rugby and I thought, coriander indoors would've liked to 'ave been there
  • I was just glad when it reached full thyme
  • I can't say I share any fond memories of Greaves at West Ham, he only played one season and it was dreadful.

We didn't win in the League until October, we spent most of the season just above the relegation zone, finished 20th W10 D14 L22 with Burnley and Blackpool going down.

We got knocked out of the Cup in the 3rd round by Blackpool (after Greaves and Moore famously nipped out for a quick drink the night before) and were knocked out of the League Cup after two games.

I'd been a West Ham fan for a few years (I was 10) and that was the worst season I'd witnessed so far but I guess it prepared me for the future.
  • "finished 20th W10 D14 L22 with Burnley and Blackpool going down"

Lucky we played four games more than Burnley and Blackpool else we would likely have been in trouble. :lol:
  • edited February 2020
    Herb, methinks thems were the days when there were 24 in the top flight, and those poor poor bunnies had to play extra games.

How diabolical making them play eight extra games :doh:
  • edited February 2020
    Yeah, should be L18 not L22.

Just as well I became a train driver instead of going into the ticket office...

On the plus side I'd forgotten we bought Pop Robson mid-season so it wasn't all doom and gloom.
  • Pop Robson always reminded me of Kevin Keegan, neither was effective without Sir Trev in the team ... but both were excellent when he was.
  • Dodger58 said:

Pop Robson always reminded me of Kevin Keegan, neither was effective without Sir Trev in the team ... but both were excellent when he was.

Keegan's 295 goals in 830 appearances for Scunthorpe, Liverpool, Hamburg, Southampton and Newcastle, one PFA player of the year and two Ballon d'Or would suggest he wasn't too shabby without Brooking.
  • Plus keegan has more hair
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow

:yercoat:
  • "I would love it if" I had a perm like that :biggrin:
  • My mate did as best man at my brothers funeral in the early 80’s he hates it when u show the photos
  • Couldn’t edit it meant wedding obviously he’s still with us
  • Asked I agree overall, but for England he was far less effective unless Trev was in the team. Keegan had the legs and persistence to look for the gap, whilst Trev was one of the few that could put the ball there.

Pop Robson was nowhere near Keegan’s level, but he also looked for the space and was an excellent finisher. Again without Trev putting the ball in the danger area Pop was not as effective.
  • Cuz, best man at a funeral, that had me scratching my head! :lol:
  • Jonathan Calleri scored a hat trick against Wolves
  • Just seen this on facebook.

“My Dad used to play for Merthyr Tydfil and he actually came to West Ham for a trial when Harry Redknapp was the manager and wanted to sign him. He keeps telling me this story, so I’ll never forget it!
    "He tells me West Ham wanted to put money in for him, but apparently Merthyr asked for loads of money and he didn’t go, then ended up leaving a year later for free. So, apparently they kind of stood in his way of a move to West Ham as Harry liked him and wanted to sign him, but the team he was at wouldn’t allow it."
    🗣| Jarrod Bowen
  • edited February 2020
    alderz said:

Jonathan Calleri scored a hat trick against Wolves

:nonono:

The one that got away.... :cool:
  • And then you realise he’s scored 1 goal in 17 league games :lol: A classic West Ham striker.
  • Has everyone seen that goal by the Dundalk player? :nonono:
This discussion has been closed.