The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Tom ;ok I was thinking that & have always liked Welbeck, I just think having signed Wilshere (plus having Antonio), we don't really want another player who can be very unreliable, fitness wise.
  • Perez makes sense for the price quoted.

I still hope the Daves go big on a DM / CDM, I don't think we need another CB if we are playing 4 at the back.

Hugill / Byram / Oxford to depart and a few loans out for some younger players and we will shape up nicely for the season.
  • Think Snodgrass will depart too on deadline day. He's gonna struggle to play with Anderson, Antonio, Yarmolenko & Perez all ahead of him.
  • Welbeck’s not for me. We’ve had plenty of forwards who can’t finish over the years. It looks like we’re trying to bring in quality, not just someone who works hard (obviously you need that as well).
  • Carlos Sanchez close to signing according to Jacob Steinberg (a DM). Was utter rubbish for Villa a few years ago. ;hmm

Plays for Fiorentina.
  • Joe Hart to Burnley for £3.5m, according to Sky.

How the mighty have fallen.
  • Wilshere to West Ham on a free. Could say the same.
  • True, but I think it's a slightly bigger drop. I don't mean Burnley as such as they are a good club, but more in terms of him playing every game for England & City, winning trophies, now moving for £3.5m & out the England squad. All in about 2-3 years.
  • I thought you meant for Burnley. They've going from having Heaton and Pope shot-stopping to a bunch of goals going in the bottom left-hand corner.
  • Feel sndograss will leave only if Grealish goes which is a bit up in the air

I'll still be disappointed if Antonio leaves, feel he has looked very good in preseason and is quality depth for across the front 3

Need another CM, although its feeling unlikely
  • Don't understand the Carols Sanchez move at all. Better off trying to loan a decent DM than sign someone past it imo.
  • From what Ex is suggesting, he's a stop-gap back-up to Rice at DM, with either Herrera or Danilo or Porto to be signed next summer.

Perhaps not an ideal signing, but I can just about see the logic in the decision.
  • ExWhuEmployee saying Perez and Sanchez to come in and that concludes our business.

• So Sanchez’s latest contributions are to get sent off for Columbia to then come back and give away a penalty v England.

Is there seriously no-one better for what is such a pivotal position??..
  • ExWhuEmployee saying Perez and Sanchez to come in and that concludes our business.

GK: Adrian/Fab

RB: Fredericks/Zaba

LB: Masuaku/Cresswell

CB: Balbuena/Diop/Ogbonna/Rice

DM: Rice/Sanchez

CM: Wilshere/Noble/Obiang/Cullen

AM: Antonio/Yarmolenko/Anderson/Snodgrass/Perez/Lanzini

ST: Arnautovic/Hernandez/Perez

Looks pretty good. Maybe a CB light, particularly if Rice is going to play DM. An injury to Oggy and we're looking very inexperienced at the back (I'm not including Reid because I think he'll be out for most, if not all, of the season.
  • Problem is that DM isnt a stop gap type of position, going into the window behind a new GK it was arguably the single most important position we needed to strength

Sanchez is just not good enough for the premier league......

Cant be too critical though after spending net £85mil

Any news on Joao Felix
  • Any news on Joao Felix

Yes, but most of it fake, I think.
  • edited August 2018
    Problem with sharing Rice between two positions is that if he is used as a DM, & excels, we won't want to lose him from that role.

Meaning an injury to a CB will leave us with Oxford as the next in line behind the starting pair. Rice can move back, but then we are light in CM. Again meaning that Cullen will come into play should one of Noble, Wilshere, Obiang pick up a suspension or knock or lose form.

I know you can't have several options in each position but I hope Pelle doesn't regret seemingly relegating DM to the bottom of our priority list.
  • Perhaps he doesn't see it as such a problem. A new DM on his own will not be a cure all.
  • Oxford is a strange one. Could be a back-up in both positions, but I don't think anyone knows where he stands at the moment ;hmm

Kinda wish we'd got Mawson, because I think £15m represents something of a snip for Fulham.
  • Surely not?
  • The only way that's even remotely true is if we've agreed to sell Arnautovic, IMO
  • Would be completely stupid to sell Arnie to anybody. Would basically ruin our season.
  • I'm not hugely opposed to the Sanchez deal, if it means that Rice becomes first choice DM. If we spent big on 2 CBs and a DM then it might stop Rice's development in its tracks. However, it is a bit worrying when your backup was useless for Aston Villa...
  • And I suppose that's the counter-argument; how easy is it to find a good, affordable, back-up DM that's prepared to play second fiddle.

Pellegrini is here for three years, possibly longer if both he and we want it. Perhaps the long-term plan is to make do with Rice and Sanchez for this season and then spend an Anderson-sized wedge on a world class DM next summer to compete with, rather than back up, Rice.
  • MAXIM GOMEZ this is unbelievable ! Back on? Barcelona pushing Andre GOmez to us with all kinds of bells and whistles attached. Gary Cahill on a free, it's all going Bonkers. IRONMIKE.

lifted from KUMB regarding a so called ITK.
  • edited August 2018
    Lukerz said:

Joe Hart to Burnley for £3.5m, according to Sky.

How the mighty have fallen.

Pope is out for six months and Heaton was meant to play the second leg of the Europa League match against Aberdeen last week but picked up a calf strain.

Instead Burnley had Anders Lingaard in goal, the last time he played was for Preston North End in a the League Cup match in November 2016 and he let in six against Newcastle. That season he conceded 18 goals in 10 games.

At least Joe Hart gets to play in Europe...
  • imagelost said:

What’s this
    The mirror reports
    Andre Gomes transfer: West Ham wonderkid key to beating Arsenal in race for £48m Barcelona midfielder

The Portuguese playmaker, 25, looks certain to leave the Camp Nou two years after joining from Valencia in a deal worth up to £48m

This discussion has been closed.