The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• If I was Obiang that offer would’be made my mind up for me...
  • Unless they are offering him the other £4-5m as a signing on fee? ;hmm
  • Ravel Morrison has gone to RCD Espanyol, so no return this summer.
  • Or any summer for that matter.
  • So is Arnie off?
  • No, I refuse to allow it!

Even if we entertain offers, 50-60M is what it should take (so we make a great profit and are able to bring in a quality replacement)
  • Talksport reporting " West Ham are open to offers with Roma and Manchester United interested "
  • edited July 2018
    whufc_bulletin says that the chances of Obiang leaving have decreased dramatically over the past week as Pellegrini has been impressed with him and is considering playing him as a designated DM. He, however, has doubts over Antonio and Kouyate, due to their technical ability and positional awareness. ;hmm
  • I always saw Obiang as our DM but with the lack of pace around him he was often swamped.
  • Wish we hadn't done our transfer business so early. ;tumbleweed
  • A few links to Diego Laxalt.

Looks like Cullen has done enough.

Screenshot_20180718-100015
  • Good if that's true. Cullen is one of the kids who has impressed me most when I have seen him.

It would also support the idea that Pellegrini wants to bring through young players as well as buy talent in.
  • Interesting development if that is true ;hmm
  • Not heard anything about oxford ?
  • they lost the boat race ;hmm
  • Maybe Pellegrini doesn't think he'll be able to get a midfielder in on loan or for free that is any better than Obiang and Cullen.

Pretty sure our spending is done (unless we get some decent money for Kouyate/Snodgrass/Antonio) so I reckon any further additions won't involve a fee. Drinkwater may be available on loan, but is he any better than Obiang? I wouldn't have said so.

I do wonder whether it's a bit of a risk, given how fragile our midfield has been in the last couple of seasons, not to invest in a proven DM. The bulk of our money has again been spent in the final third (£53m on Anderson and Yarmolenko) and our midfield has only been re-inforced with Wilshere, who isn't a natural DM.

I trust that Pellegrini knows what he's doing though, and if it's Obiang and Rice sitting in front of the back four then that's fine by me, and I'm sure he'll be happy to know that.
  • SSN reporting Pellegrini delighted at OCS comments on WHU606

;biggrin
  • Just to think we could have had Kante but didn't proceed because we had already bought Obiang, not that I have anything against Pedro. ;ok
  • OCS

Of course he will be happy to know that, he's seen the photo with you and the Daves, hasn't he?
    ;lol
  • edited July 2018
    Bernard on a free if his wage demands are reasonable is a no brainer
    Ross Barkley on loan for a season or Danny Drinkwater on loan for a season with an option to buy would be decent also for Home Grown quota and Suring up the midfield.

Other than that If his 4 CBs are Ogbonna / Rice / Diop / Balbuena then that is fine but if Rice is moved to a DM role, then unless Oxford is staying and being prepped might get stuck here if injuries crop up.
  • ;clap ;bowdown
  • Trump tweets that it's 'Fake News' ;whistle
  • Bernard was rumoured to want 200K a week hence why we were not interested
  • Lukerz said:

whufc_bulletin says that the chances of Obiang leaving have decreased dramatically over the past week as Pellegrini has been impressed with him

He and Arthur both played he full game against Wycombe. (The only ones to have 90min so far)
  • and denies Russia's world cup existed ;whistle
  • I prefered Obiang over Kouuate for the above reasons it seems Pellgrini prefers him

I'd like a new DM, but we have to trust Pellgrini

Dunno about anyone else but given we have added 7 news players, does anyone feel like the squad doesnt feel overloaded?

I meam we have only lost Collins, Evra and Mario from last year..... plus we are probably gonna end up selling a few that are on the books...but perhaps its just me

Wee bit surprised to hear he fancies Cullen, think hes a tidy little player but really lacks athleticism....moresom than Noble...but laks Nobles range of passing

But happy to see a couple of the younger lads get given a chance
  • Bernard was rumoured to want 200K a week hence why we were not interested

I think that might change some what rapidly if various clubs don't come in for him I saw rumours on KUMB that he had been offered a better signing on fee and better wages than Benfica were going to offer him. I'm guessing he is holding out for as long as possible being a freebie, but I reckon if no one comes in for him soon he might re-evaluate his options.
  • I took this from Sky Sports...Whoever composed this actually gets paid?

Knows zero about West Ham (or football) 'sideline role' ;lol ;doh

UTD INTEREST IN ARNAUTOVIC

Manchester United are interested in signing West Ham striker Marko Arnautovic, according to TalkSport.

Roma are also interested in the 29-year-old, who moved to the London Stadium from Stoke last summer, although he could play a sideline role under Manuel Pellegrini this season after a summer of big spending.
  • Talksport saying we’re interested in signing. Rafinha from Barcelona. I may be suffering from PTSD by the time the window closes.
This discussion has been closed.