The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Only have ti assume Anderson will be announced soon

Either they will be dine tofether, or more likely they will give Anderson today to grab some headlines followed by Balbeuna tomorrow
  • Other way around they dont want Anderson overshadowing Balbuena. Its either a double signing on Monday or Balbuena today with Anderson to follow Monday.
  • Champo are you suggesting they will either dine together or eat alone. ;biggrin
  • Maybe someone should tell our media team

He's in High Wycombe today. He'll get right on it tomorrow ;ok
  • Ex says Anderson has signed
  • I typed felipe Anderson highlights into YouTube and watched the 12.41 highlights. Wow. Most for Lazio too so recent stuff.
  • Really excited for Anderson (even if hes ovepriced)

Think he will is different in his versatility he has the pace to operate down the wings and the passing ability to operate in Manus absense as the #10

Bernard feels like its not going to happen...although his agent was at the ground.... but a front 4 of Arnie, Anderson, Yarmo and Bernard is full of pace, creativity and goals
  • Bernards agent is connected to Anderson as well.
  • Hamstew said:

Ex says Anderson has signed

doubt he'd put this out if it wasn't done ;biggrin

(transfer window 2 - electric boogaloo has been very productive)

#excited!
  • .... although it might be Clive Anderson ;hmm
  • Bernard wanted 200k a week allegedly so we said thanks but no thanks
  • What happened to 7-10 days , strange things are happening West Ham sign players without too much fuss ,England get to a World Cup semi final and finally win a penalty shootout whatever next !
  • chanmpions league in 7 years ;hmm
  • edited July 2018

What happened to 7-10 days , strange things are happening West Ham sign players without too much fuss

Well, the Anderson transfer has been quite a saga.
  • I'm glad all the new signings look like good ones (fingers crossed) but is anyone else at all a bit unhappy that we could see our starting XI containing 7 or 8 new players?

(Leaving aside the ? over whether there will be loss of dressing room cohesion, and difficulties getting everyone to gel, esp the back line which needs to work as a unit, does it feel a bit like we are just buying a new team ;puzzled )
  • MrsG ;ok

Yes I agree. I would hope that it wouldn’t be wholesale changes to our XI immediately
  • Yeah but we have signed Anderson usually we just get talks for months and nothing happens lol 7 signings is a lot but maybe long term better to get them all in now rather than say 3 in January 4 now . Might take half a season before we really see what the team is capable of. Hoping for a finish of about 8th and a good cup run
  • Mrs G, Alderz - I get where you're coming from, but for large parts of the last two seasons our current players couldn't pass the ball to each other. They couldn't last 90 minutes, they had numerous mental collapses whenever we conceded the first goal and there appeared to be a general malaise about them.

I like what we've done this window. No resting on any laurels anymore. Players now have genuine competion across every position and this can only be a good thing, IMO.
  • Considering the amount of goals conceded we almost needed a new team
  • I like that if a players isn’t playing well we have some depth to drop them now ,too often players knew they would play every week even if they were playing poorly
  • MrsGrey, in Poland there is a saying, you are looking for a hole in the whole.
  • I'm glad all the new signings look like good ones (fingers crossed) but is anyone else at all a bit unhappy that we could see our starting XI containing 7 or 8 new players?
    Can see (and share to an extent) your concerns Mrs G but I can allay my fears with a large dose of trust in Pelle. It was important to give a new man of his stature some toys to play with. He has seen last seasons performances, they were largely dire, and will have his own ideas on how to make sure we have a much better experience this season. What were his first words again "delightful football" I believe. Well, I need some of that.
  • I think the slightly reassuring part, MrsGrey, is they're mostly filling in spaces where we actually need some cover, rather than just hoarding new players to replace old ones.

Fredericks covers the RB position where we've had to overly rely on Zabaleta.
    Anderson comes into a position where we've lost Lanzini for a long period and never replaced Payet.
    Diop and Balbuena where we've lost Collins and Reid has become unreliable.
    Fabianski where we've "lost" Hart.

In those positions, the gaps were there before the new players came in. So I think it's less damaging.

Wilshere and Yarmolenko come into positions where we have more players but need the competition. (And in attack, we've had problems with Antonio and Carroll being injured a lot anyway)

I'd probably be worried if many more came in though, other than maybe a dedicated DM.
  • I still can't wait for Lanzini to come back ;weep
  • Felipe Anderson reminds me of someone ;hmm

IMG_20180714_131957
  • edited July 2018
    So it would appear that we are signing players in areas that we were weak in last season.

This is a transfer strategy I’m unfamiliar with ;puzzled
  • edited July 2018
    Our defence should be much better with all these new signings.
  • Felipe Anderson reminds me of someone ;hmm

IMG_20180714_131957

Which reminds me of
    AThumbCut_150722-200736
  • Wonder if Balbeuna may actually start over Diop. Obviously hes far cheaper, but hes a captain and is in the prime of his career

Either way another good purchase

Bring on Anderson!!
This discussion has been closed.