The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• DiDktaJXUAENoy_

Not on OS yet.
  • YEASSSS

Really exciting that we've actually pulled it off
  • That's Anderson's head on Fredericks' body
  • this is the one I wanted .the others are great but Anderson I think will move us up to the next level .and its not my money so well done the board
  • ;doh jumped the gun I guess
  • He does appear to be practicing though

IMG_20180714_140939
  • Maybe they have the same tatooist?
  • edited July 2018
    Ok, so Yarmo has been used as a right forward against Wycombe.

Arnie has been subbed and Hugill is on.

This suggests to me we may need to add another striker to the squad.
  • Hernandez is currently away due to the WC

Plus Antonio isnt fit enough to play

Feel we are probably ok
  • Wouldn't surprise me to see both of those sold, Champo.

If they stay, we may just about be ok ;ok
  • I think in general you need 3 strikers if you play 1 up front, with a midfielder who can fill in if needed.

We have Arnie, Chicha and Hugill. We can’t count Carroll because of his injury record. So, I think we’re fine. If Hugill goes, we need to replace him.
  • OCS

I agree, but untill they leave i cant see it

Feel we will be playing with a lone striker the majority of this season
  • edited July 2018

That's Anderson's head on Fredericks' body

At least it wasn't a Hamstew clowns head ;lol
  • Give it time ;biggrin
  • It looks like Pellegrini knows what and also who he wants and I'm sure he has a far better idea of what we need than any of us on here.
    I've never known a transfer window like it, even when it lasted virtually all season until the end of March.
  • Considering the amount of goals conceded we almost needed a new team

Maybe our strategy is to field 2 teams at the same time. I wonder if anyone will notice if we field 22 players?
  • Bazshuayi said:

.... although it might be Clive Anderson ;hmm

F7C39FCC-DDE8-4E50-98B7-1EB58A6F29A2
  • Be happy for fringe players to go because our squad is getting stronger day by day at the moment, I’ve slated the board for the spend but fair play to them they’ve so far exceeded my expectations
  • ;hmm How many of our fringe players are injured,hard to move them on ;biggrin
  • Whilst only a small thing, I like that all 7 of our signings have been permanent signings on minimum 3 year deals. Something about loans I just don't like & I don't think they offer a lot to the side longer term.
  • edited July 2018
    Adrian
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Obiang - Wilshere
    Anderson - Yarmolenko
    Arnautovic

Fabianski
    Zabaleta - Oxford - Balbuena - Cresswell
    Kouyate - Rice - Fernandes
    Antonio - Snodgrass
    Hernandez
  • Ex says that a second offer has been made to Rice since the first & that has been rejected too.
  • Well thats not good
    I get not wanting to just oay whatever he wants but hes a first teamer and has the world at his feet, pay up guys

Have to think we are gonna be a quiet summer incomming wise

Saw an article of C&H saying that the club feel under no pressure to sell quickly, Pellgrini is gonma assess everyone before he starts to balance the books

As usual dunno how reliable it is but if true its nice to hear pellgrini is.doing his analysis properly
  • Can see some departures now 4 maybe 5 and maybe a settlement of ac contract a shame but injury as stopped him from cutting it with us imo
  • Thing is the window will go from being a success to a failure if we flog 4/5 first team players because the depth will disappear again. These rumours about Obiang, Kouyate, Antonio etc being available. Will just mean there isn’t much behind the first XI.
  • Thank you mr Gold and Mr Sullivan. Nice work and a hugely strong signing spree ;clap ;biggrin
    And apologies once again for the morons at the Burnley game. ;doh
This discussion has been closed.