World Cup Last 16 and onwards (excluding England matches)

Comments

• Denmark go ahead in 2 minutes.

I did say ;biggrin
  • ;lol

1-1

I hate these slow to start games ;lol
  • I'm finding it a lot easier not to comment on the games as there are so many upsets occurring. ;puzzled
  • Not greatly impressed with Denmark vs Croatia not a lot of quality on display, not really doing much for me

Ho hum
  • neither team can shoot for toffee so far. Very combative though so makes it entertaining if somewhat frustrating at the lack of quality.
  • It’s a truly terrible game.
  • Drama, pen to Croatia
  • edited July 2018
    Saved.

Not a very good pen by Modric, relatively easy save for Schmeical.
  • Doesn't anyone want to win this World Cup?
  • First 10 mins and last 5 were entertaining, anyway.
  • edited July 2018
    ;lol doesn’t look like it IH.
  • Goes to pens.
  • Wow... some of these pens are as bad as the game.

• I'm being very brave and watching them.
  • 2-2 after 8 pens lol, no-one wants to win.
  • Denmark miss another
  • Croatia go through.
  • How gutting is that... you save three pens and still go out.
  • Not sure either team deserved that - pleased to be fairly neutral, that must have been awful for those with a more vested interest.

Not sure how the Danish defender avoided a red card but no matter
  • He avoided a red because he made a genuine attempt to go for the ball as opposed to just hacking the player down.
  • New rule, apparently, Chicago. If ref judges that the defender made a genuine attempt to get the ball, he can give a yellow. According to our comms ;ok
  • How gutting is that... you save three pens and still go out.

It's really amusing as it's Kasper Schmeichel.

;lol
  • I must have been listening to the same comms Mrs. Grey ;biggrin
  • Shame Spain lost as they should have had a penalty towards the end of extra time but that would have upset the locals. ;wink
  • edited July 2018
    Thanks, makes sense, on our comms there were to many odd references, he is going for the PK, that is a free kick play and my new pet peeve is the constant reference to the penalty mark.

IT’S A SPOT, SPOT get it, as in Penalty SPOT

Really not difficult
  • Do they call a shot on goal a goal shot? ;lol
  • steve said:

Outcast, not really sure just cant get behind them .they all seem to love themselves so much .perhaps theres to many Spurs,Man u ,players around .and southgate does nothing for me .just the way I feel

;ok fair enough. I felt the same way about Southgate before but starting to like him.

Thanks, makes sense, on our comms there were to many odd references, he is going for the PK, that is a free kick play and my new pet peeve is the constant reference to the penalty mark.

Really not difficult

Americans on Twitter have been infuriating. The worst are the ones who think they know about football. And a lot of snide comments about how worse teams than them are in the tournament (even though they have the easiest qualifying route)
  • Thanks, makes sense, on our comms there were to many odd references, he is going for the PK, that is a free kick play and my new pet peeve is the constant reference to the penalty mark.

Really not difficult

I really dislike the Fox commentaries. I’m just so glad that Fox doesn’t have the rights to the EPL games.