World Cup Last 16 and onwards (excluding England matches)

Comments

• I wonder how much Mbappe’s value has gone up during this game? Is it too late for us to put in a bid?
  • Didnt he support us as a kid? Hold on, hes still a kid!

(recent rumours about PSG getting rid to cope with FFP, wonder how that'll work for them now Mbappe wise ;hmm )
  • newsflash... goalkeeper saves one ;whistle
  • The France Argentina game is ;wahoo ;wahoo

I want two more goals from Argentina so we get another 30 mins.

• 4-3 FT, great game for a neutral
  • See what happens when you actually have a striker on the pitch.
    Argentina ;doh
  • That was fab ;wahoo
  • Best match so far without doubt.
  • England progress into the last 15 ;wink
  • Great game, how can you leave a striker with Agüero’s calibre on the bench, ridiculous

All in all really enjoyed that, otamendi lucky to avoid a red at the end.
  • Otamendi shouldve got a red when he kicked a ball at rakitic head at point blabk range

No fan of france but happy they won,think the way Messi has acted this tournament is that of a spoilt child and feel France deserved to win
  • Wish it had been a draw then Fifa got involved and said don’t bother with penalties cus we don’t want either of you to progress lol
  • Uruguay with an early goal against Portugal ;biggrin
  • My prediction of 1-1 and penalties is looking a bit doubtful. ;doh
  • That's the second time Suarez has gone down clutching his head when there was no contact on his head.

The ref isn't match sharp imo.
  • I am totally fed up with all the over acting when a player has the slightest contact with another player.
  • The worrld cup is asuch a huge stage to promote the game...

But the diving/milking it is ridiculous
  • Suárez is really irritating me - now there’s a shock!
  • This WC has shown me that truly shocking corners are not the sole preserve of WHU.
  • MrsGrey said:

My prediction of 1-1 and penalties is looking a bit doubtful. ;doh

Well...
  • MrsGrey said:

My prediction of 1-1 and penalties is looking a bit doubtful. ;doh

Not looking too shabby now
  • I reckon that Carvalho must have had a steroid injection, he looks much quicker than the group games.
  • Mrs. Grey's has gone up the swanny but my 2-2 is back on.
  • I reckon that Carvalho must have had a steroid injection, he looks much quicker than the group games.

I hadn't paid any attention to him before, but after all the negative comments I thought I'd look more closely. He's been OK, I think. Certainly not abysmal.
  • The French right back is a fraud

I thought I would give myself a ;doh in response to the above post on 16 June
  • Joao Mario looked quite decent I wonder if we could sign him & Carvalho would be a useful CDM? ;whistle
  • Mario showed exactly why we didnt sign him

For £20mil he'd be a great addition

But at £35mil he doesnt actually do enough to warrant that fee...not enough final product or cutting edge for an alledged attacking midfielder
  • MrsGrey said:

I reckon that Carvalho must have had a steroid injection, he looks much quicker than the group games.

I hadn't paid any attention to him before, but after all the negative comments I thought I'd look more closely. He's been OK, I think. Certainly not abysmal.
    But he moves like a cupboard with legs. I think he'd possibly be good as a dedicated defensive mid (though I didn't see any sign he's great at breaking play up) but there was no sign of anything more in terms of pushing play forward, interceptions or disrupting the opposition.