World Cup Last 16 and onwards (excluding England matches)

Because there are some other teams at the World Cup apparently

Comments

• Okay first match Russia v Saudi Arabia 4pm ITV

Russia haven't won since they beat South Korea in July and haven't kept a clean sheet since they beat New Zealand in June. Only one player, CF Fedor Smolov, has started all of last eight games

Saudi are a bit more settled with eight players starting eight or more of their ten qualifying matches however first choice CF Mohammed Al-Sahlawi has only scored two goals in his last 13 appearances for the "Green Falcons".

0-0
  • I just hope both of these teams go out in the groups.
  • At least one of them will as Uruguay are pretty much guaranteed to win Group A.
  • Here vee go-ski
  • Shouldn't the Saudis change theie shirts as on the TV I'm watching they are camaflauged by the grass.

Cape Verde TV, very green ;biggrin
  • Both defenders fancied a sit-down. 2 nil.
  • I think it's safe to say that neither team will be winning the World Cup.
  • That's pitch is starting to cut up already, there are three more group games, a round of 16 game and a semi final before they play the final there, its going to be a right state!
  • Poor from KSA, pretty much from start to finish.

Thought they'd have a bit more about them, tbh.
  • Lots of passing to themselves KSA but then don't get near the oppositions goal.
  • I thought passing to yourselves was the idea ;biggrin
  • edited June 2018
    Grey -after their friendly against Germany I was expecting better.

Russia have brought on Gregor Clegane from Game of Thrones

5-0 now
  • Siberian salt mines deferred for a while.
  • 5-0 ;nonono
  • edited June 2018
    Their defence made ours look like the Arsenal defence of the 90's.
  • Egypt v Uruguay 1pm BBC 1

Uruguay's CB pair Gimenez and Godin both play for Atletico Madrid who conceded the fewest goals in La Liga last season. Egypt's CB pair Hegazi and Gabr both played for WBA although Gabr was on loan from Zamalek and never made if off the bench.

Salah is supposedly fit, Uruguay have Suarez and PSG's Cavani.

3-1 to Uruguay
  • ASLEF

3-1? Is that prediction as good as your 0-0 prediction for Russia-Saudi Arabia? ;biggrin
  • I had £5 @ 28/1 for 4-0 ;weep
  • Only time will tell
  • i got Uruguay in the sweepstake.
  • i got Uruguay in the sweepstake.

I fancy them for semis at least my friend
  • Blimey, BBC have the short straw don't they.

Jenas, the Lesser Neville and Upson ;nonono
  • ;lol That'll explain why can hear grey in the other room yelling abuse at the TV
  • They've have had a shocker there.

Jenas' analysis of Suarez was a triumph of ineptitude.
  • edited June 2018
    Morocco v Iran 4pm ITV

Morocco

Coach Herve Renard managed Cambridge Utd for five months in 2004 but was sacked after they'd managed just 15 points from 21 games leaving them 23rd in Div 2. They finished 24th

AM Hakim Ziyech plays for Ajax and led the Eredivisie in assists the last two seasons

RW Nordin Amrabat joined Watford in winter 2015/16 but spent last season on loan in Spain. He got a second yellow for a foul on Winston in injury time when we won 3-1 at home in April 2016.

Iran.

Errrrrrrrrr, Sir Alex's old assistant manager Carlos Queiroz is in the dugout.

Their nickname is Team Melli, Melli is "National" in Farsi. They obviously thought long and hard about that one

That's it, I've got nothing.

1-1 draw
  • Told ya. ;biggrin
  • Jenas analysis is terrible and he wasn't even a top player no reason for him to be there...
  • And they've got Keown on comms ;doh

Mute is is then
  • I truly cannot describe how awful the “highlights” show was last night over here, I thought it might be Ok with Ian Wright as one of the presenters, but I was wrong.

It was indescribable, I literally could not watch them and had to turn it off.
  • This stadium with its remote seating look weird.