World Cup Last 16 and onwards (excluding England matches)

Comments

• Or Iran?
  • They have resurrected Pepe. It's a miracle ;nonono
  • Who let in the swam of bees I can hear in the stadium?
  • What the hell is Lawrenson going on about? Top twonking methinks.
  • edited June 2018
    We've got Keown saying a Moroccan break away is just like the Charge of the Light Brigade.

Yes.

Except for the horses.

And the cannons.
  • I thought the muppet show wasn't on any more.
  • Find it amazing Sporting Lisbon didn't sell Carvalaho to us for 30m doesn't even look like a 10m player. Looks like a 35 year old Yaya Toure who couldn't be bothered.
  • And Mario isn't looking like £20-25m either.
  • His speed is deceptive, he's slower than a 35 year old Yaya Toure.
  • Well VAR advocates will have a hard time justifying that one. Never a handball in a million years.
  • Refs have been totally useless in both games
  • edited June 2018
    It's a judgement call, as handball offences always are. All VAR does is give the ref a chance to look at it again. Detractors of VAR are going to have a hard time justifying why that's a bad thing.
  • VAR did its job and identified a potential penalty. The ref got to wrong.
  • Great tweet from the Moose: -

Oh he goes again, another look at the TV, this guy should’ve come and sat with me, he could watched the whole game on the box
  • IronHerb said:

VAR did its job and identified a potential penalty. The ref got to wrong.

That's the point thought isn't it, it wasn't s potential penalty.
  • There was contact between the ball and the hand.
    Or was there not?

If yes, it is a potential handball offence.

If it's in te penalty area, it's a potential penalty.

Rules of the game.

By all means say tat you don't think it was a deliberate handball, and that you don't agree with the ref. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a potential penalty.

• I must have been the only one watching Spain v Morocco. Fantastic game and Morocco were magnificent
  • baracks

We watched it. I was chuffed when Morocco got their 2nd, even though it banjaxed my prediction.

As much as Morocco were decent, Spain were woeful.
  • So far in this 3rd round I’ve managed to get every result wrong.
  • edited June 2018
    The Moroccan coach deserves an award for classiest and coolest manager of the tournament for his behavior and demeanor at the end of that game.
  • Well I enjoyed that pair of matches! Who needs badly acted soaps; crime dramas where the judge got it wrong, right, and let the gangsta off because he might get flak; and happy ending fillums where the plucky little guys get to beat up the big bullies? We have Spain, Portugal, and two other teams giving us all this in ONE show. And some football included, too ;wink
  • First 0-0 of the competition coming up here I think. Denmark are happy as it is and France are just not good enough.
  • MIAHammer said:

So far in this 3rd round I’ve managed to get every result wrong.

Keeping my record going. If this continues this afternoon, it means Argentina is not going to win ;pray
  • ;lol I am continuing my inexorable slide down the table. ;weep

It's adding insult to injury, having 'watched' that France-Denmark game.
  • At one point last week I was 5th!
    This week I have tumbled down to 18th.
    Don't like this week!
  • It's my birthday today. I went to the dentist only to be told I have to be referred to the hospital to have 6 teeth out. Then when I felt like I couldn't feel any worse, I watched the France v Denmark match. I now wish I didn't get out of bed. ;lol
  • As soon as Peru scored both teams knew they didn't have to do anything other than not concede. Both sides happy to let the other pass it between themselves.
  • edited June 2018
    Yes, a 'toothless' display Preston ;wink Happy Birthday! ;champagne
  • Happy Birthday Preston. ;champagne ;cake
  • Happy birthday, Preston. ;beer