2018-19 Pre-season: training camps and matches etc (West Ham)

Comments

• This music! ;lol
  • Antonio was left out because Wednesday was his first outing since his long layoff.
  • It’s on West Ham’s YouTube channel as well.
  • edited July 2018
    1-0, think it was Anderson ;biggrin
  • Who scored? Looks like it was Anderson...
  • edited July 2018
    Just watched the goal again, it was a beautifully weighted pass by Yarmie (I think) that Fredericks crossed first time on the run and Anderson guided a header into the corner.
  • edited July 2018
    Oh dear.

Rocky, who I thought looked very tidy against Villa, fell asleep and let his man waltz into the box to receive a pass and slot home past Fabianski.
  • That wasnt a great goal to conceed
  • We havent started very well, they look sharper and quicker across the pitch atm

But i think its good for us that ipswich are really pressing us high up the pitch

This is what we are gonna experiance against the Pool
  • edited July 2018
    Goodness me, not sure if that was a badly missed offside, but 2 of their players were completely unmarked in the box, headed onto the post thankfully. Either that, or our offside trap needs some work.
  • Wilshere in the book
  • Rocky not at the races today, complete contrast to Villa, given the ball away cheaply again.
  • edited July 2018
    Anderson on corner taking duty atm.

Needs practice ;doh
  • Fabianski flapping unconvincingly at a cross, not a good sign, but fortunately comes to nothing.
  • Nice run into the box by Arnie, but he can't quite get his shot away.
  • Not at the races today
    All quite slow from us and very sloppy

Would like for us to try press higher up the pitch the last few years weve never really shown that

• Better corner that time from Anderson, from the left this time. Jack now taking them from our right.
  • edited July 2018
    Great chance for Yarmie, but won't quite sit right for him and the eventual shot is blocked wide.
  • Lovely work by Masuaku, gets to the byline and pulls back to Arnie in the box but he can't get his shot or a pass away.

1-1 HT
  • Imo a massive difference between Noble/Rice and Obiang/Kayoute in these two games
  • Not bad i guess,ipswich playing at a higher gear but not much to seperate

Wolves bournemouth and Brighton are losing to championship opposition right now so nothing to worry about

Anderson looks way off from match fit it must be said

Centre backs falling asleep a couple times as well
  • Think it is safe to suggest that Kouyate - Wilshere -Obiang is not the MF triumvirate we are looking for.
  • edited July 2018
    Defo some subs, Snodgrass on, as is Noble.
  • Wilshere and kouyate off

Yarmolenko playing a #10 i think
  • Nice move there with Anderson slipping Snodgrass in but their keeper wasn't too tested by the shot. Ipswich generally been on top since the break though.
  • edited July 2018
    Yarmie and Anderson off, not sure who's come on tbh, think one of them was Haksabanovic.
  • Anderson and yarmolenko off for Sead and Martinez

In truth both were quiet
  • The other is Martinez.
  • Fella's on fire.

20 goals a season potential
This discussion has been closed.