2018-19 Pre-season: training camps and matches etc (West Ham)

Comments

• Slightly worrying is the fact that hardly anyone has had a full 90 minutes game.
  • edited August 2018
    Arnie down briefly but back up ;phew

Rice on for Wilshere.
  • thorn

Not sure how else you get everyone game time.

I'd be much more worried if 5 or 6 players were well short of match time.
  • Stumps in the cricket, India on 110-5, chasing 194.
  • Arnie? A mere flesh wound.
  • Grey I know but it seems 60 minutes has been the max. Still he's seemed so far to know what he's doing so I trust he has it all in hand.
    Different to last season when we had the same scenario but were dead on our feet after 60 minutes in the league games.
  • A whole bunch today getting 85 at least.
  • thorn

Again, that's clearly to give others 30 minutes.

We've also had double and triple training sessions, played two games a week, and Nobes and Arnie are still out there.

#inPellewetrust
  • Well hernandez is just back from holiday, cresswell had his first game, Antonio and Wilshere are notoriously injury prone and Anderson has had a few knocks
  • have I jinxed Rocky since the handle extension ;hmm
  • Betway cup, 8 played the full 90.
  • Stil lnot convinced by our ability to deal with pace/movement but theyve bought into his philosophy and we seem to have an identity and good shape
  • Good workout. Thought we looked comfy throughout.
  • Fredericks and Masuaku will certainly keep up with Salah and Mane.
  • Ex says Wilshere was meant to play 90 but came off injured.
  • Champo

But most players/teams can't deal with that, which is why certain players are so highly prized.

It may take 6-10 games for us to fully get to grips with what Pelle wants, but I've liked what I have seen so far.

It may be wishful thinking, but this pre-season seems to have had a clear purpose and plan.
  • Lukerz said:

Good workout. Thought we looked comfy throughout.

I look really comfy too in my Snoop Dogg slippers. I'm not quite sure it's going to be of much use against Liverpool next week though.

• edited August 2018

I'm enjoying the fact that we have a clear shape, and a plan as to how we go forward. Feel Arnie is being sacrificed to make room for Chicarito, and its not really working. Hope we see him CF v Liverpool with Anderson and Antonio/Yarmo up with him.

From OS - Manuel Pellegrini decided to use Friday’s match...to experiment with a 4-4-2 formation, having used a 4-2-3-1 in West Ham’s five previous pre-season matches.
    Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/august/03-august/chicharito-scores-winner-return-pre-season-action#M89R7Qv0MmvuV45t.99
  • edited August 2018

Grey I know but it seems 60 minutes has been the max.

Just to update, Fredericks,Ogbonna + Noble got 90 mins, Arnautovic 84. ;ok
  • edited August 2018
    MrsGrey said:

From OS - Manuel Pellegrini decided to use Friday’s match...to experiment with a 4-4-2 formation, having used a 4-2-3-1 in West Ham’s five previous pre-season matches.

It's odd how we see things, I would have said yesterday looked like a 4-2-3-1 with Arnie in the middle of the 3, whereas in a couple of the other matches I've seen it looked like we played more of a 4-3-3 (or at least started that way). Arnie was definitely a lot deeper yesterday at times than you would expect either player in the 2 to be in a traditional 4-4-2 imo.
  • Maybe I exaggerated a little over the minutes but I was trying to determine whether we have 10 outfield players who we envisage may make his starting lineup who have all played a full 90 minutes. We have no more games left to make this happen if we haven't although hopefully because of their intensive training program they are for the most part all fully fit.
  • ;ok

The boss has been doing this a while - I trust him to play people for as long as he thinks they need to be fit for he opening of the season. #inpellewetrust
  • A lot of players who played on Friday were also coming back from injuries like Felipe Anderson, Michail Antonio and Jack Wilshere, who played some good minutes and we are trying to manage their work. There were a lot of reasons why I thought that was a good game.
    Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/august/04-august/pellegrini-happy-pre-season-performances#0AKHB7JiLFqdf1ki.99

Feels like Pelle and his team have a good handle on how to bring players to their best condition.
  • Well we'll know for sure next Sunday. I'm off to western Canada on Tuesday until bank holiday weekend so next Sunday the first thing I do when I wake up is check the result.
  • I'm going to be on my travels too. I'm hoping to see the match, but I'll be at the mercy of others' agendas so may not.

Have a good trip. ;ok
  • Trust in Pelle - I'm sure he knows a lot more about putting a team together than anyone on here otherwise anybody could do it.
    He's not quit a multi-million dollar salary in China to come to us on lower wages just because he wanted to live in London. ;scarf
  • edited August 2018

Trust in Pelle - I'm sure he knows a lot more about putting a team together than anyone on here otherwise anybody could do it.
    He's not quit a multi-million dollar salary in China to come to us on lower wages just because he wanted to live in London. ;scarf

;lol
    It’s been a good summer in London and Essex
    ;cool
  • imagelost said:

Trust in Pelle - I'm sure he knows a lot more about putting a team together than anyone on here otherwise anybody could do it.

;lol
    It’s been a good summer in London and Essex
    ;cool
    Really shows how much vision he has. Knew the summer was coming.
This discussion has been closed.